At Nighttime [A Mahou Shoujo RP: OPEN!]

Go down

At Nighttime [A Mahou Shoujo RP: OPEN!]

Post by Candiies on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:53 pm

THE RULES

• As always, no godmodding, metagaming, powerplaying, or any varieties that you can manage to loophole this rule with.
  • PSRP forum/site and Showdown rules apply, of course.
  • It’s freejoin. Might be hard to follow whatever’s going on if you hop into the middle of it, though.
  • Unlike the rest of my customs, this RP has a very HIGH DEATH RATE. If you die, simply just make a new character.
  • This is set in a MODERN setting, but in a different universe. Essentially all the technology is the same, along with music, etc etc… But don’t reference politics and the like, because it’s a completely different government.
  • No, you can’t automatically have a gun or a knife. Just because you get treated differently by the government and the citizens doesn’t mean you’re given anything other than the clothes on your back.
  • Weapons can be only summoned while you’re in your Answering form.
  • Not all Answers are created equal.
  • Action reactions aren’t determined by rolls/picks. Just… be smart, and get good results. Unless your character’s naturally an idiot-- maybe I’ll let it slide.
  • You WILL be apprehended and subdued if you go into your Answering form during the day.
  • Have fun (as best as you can) and feel free to send in feedback!

TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW
Answer
A female-only nightly protector of today. Often cast out if her identity is revealed because of their lowering numbers and difference from normal people, all have an ‘Answering’ form which allow them to summon a weapon with some sort of attribute, or control one of the 4 main elements. Note that just because this is possible doesn’t necessarily mean that these abilities can empower oneself-- the Answers’ population has gone down for a reason. Additionally, they are often distinguishable during the day thanks to their peculiarly colored (anime) hair and eyes, wacky, impossibly voluminous hairstyles, as well as the fact that they don’t need to eat or drink.

Signature Style: A form of an Answer’s fighting. A signature style MUST be named, because in order for an Answer to command an attack, they MUST vocally sound the name of said attack. An odd system, but it has to be followed nonetheless. Signature Styles are chosen for your character AT RANDOM, selected from this list. Weapon attributes are selected from here, AT RANDOM.

Enigma
A shadowy, inky creature that appears only when the outer barrier is lowered at night, for the Answers to defend from. Usually have a typing or some sort of classification depending on how they act and attack. All Enigmas should have a vital spot, or weak point, which can have varied effects when hit.
Enigma classifications:
Riddle: The fastest kind of Enigma, usually baring sharp or pointed limbs to slash and stab at targets. Most, but not all, tend to run on four legs as compared to two. Best countered with a Signature Style containing handguns or short blades.

Conundrum: As its name denotes, it is the most confusing kind of Enigma to handle. Coming in many shapes, it tends to have an erratic moving pattern and attacks by taking its target by surprise, and engulfing them within its suffocating blackness. Best countered with a Signature Style that covers area, such as ones that manipulate the 4 elements or scattershot bows.

Jigsaw: Jigsaw-type Enigmas are the hardest to defend from with only one person, all thanks to their swarming behavior and multiple parts. This particular kind of Enigma is the only one that has the ability to split itself up to nearly 100 parts at a time, all of which can move or think independently. Best countered with multiple Answers at a time.

Puzzle: Best with ranged attacks, most Puzzle Enigmas sprout extra limbs of pieces of bone/hard material to shoot or throw at a target. Others, more rarely, can fire bits of their body as a sort of acid that will burn through any material. Best countered with close ranged Signature Styles.

Paradox: Paradox-type Enigmas are named for their tendency to mirror movements and appearances. It's not recommended to take them on with more than a group of 2 Answers, as these Enigmas can perfectly reshape and recolor their bodies to match that of their allies. If there's a regular human walking down the street at night, it's probably a Paradox.
There are supposedly more unclassified or undiscovered forms of Enigmas.

The City of Somnis
The town that not a single resident knows of what lies outside its barriers; a city that’s regarded unconsciously as the last one to exist. Shielded by two layers of barriers, Somnis’s civilians are unwitting of what goes on outside at night, returning home at just the crack of dusk. It essentially looks like any urban area, without the trash and the litter, and more of a cheery atmosphere to keep the senses of civilians dulled.

Other notes on Somnis:

The Outer Barrier: A force-field of sorts that holds back all of the Enigmas by day, lowering only when the moons come at night for the Answers to act.

The Inner Barrier: Essentially what keeps buildings and civilians safe from the Enigmas while the Outer Barrier is down by sealing all of the buildings shut. The only parts of it that are visible are the windows, which gain a bright orange stained glass design depicting a sun over them, and the doors, which show a sunny landscape of the same style. Building walls are layered over with a dreamlike, midnight purple with white starlike dots scattered throughout.

The Grand Map (actual image will be supplied soon): A map supplied by the government, detailing the entirety of Somnis. It shows the locations of the government base, the market and industry districts, and the residential districts.  The industry districts are located on the northeastern corner of the circular border of the outer barrier, while, the market districts surround the entirety of the government base. Meanwhile, the residential districts of 1-7 are separated by housing types: 1-2 consist of mansions and the like, 3-4 consist of suburban homes, 5 is made up of condos while the rest are apartment-like buildings where multiple families can live in one large building. The total amount of districts is 10-- 1 (10) industry, 2 (8 and 9)  market, and 7 residential.

Please read the joining form below, and then copy/paste and fill out the contents of the codebox beneath the joining form.

joining form:
Name: Self-explanatory.

You are all female (at birth), as already stated above. Please don't bother including this.

Signature Style: Leave this blank, and I'll use an RNG site to pick your weapon/attribute combos. When I've updated the list of joiners with your form, feel free to message me on the forum so that I can add the name that you've given your Signature Style.

Appearance: This is among one of the few times I'm fine with an extra-animu picture for you to give-- as long as you provide something that would be considered "out of the ordinary" in real life. This bars natural brown/black/blonde/red hair, along with naturally-colored eyes. You are also free to type up your own appearance. You can also put your Answering (your transformed magical girl states) here.
Code:
[b]Name[/b]:

[b]Age[/b]:

[b]Signature Style[/b]:

[b]Appearance[/b]:

Last edited by Candiies on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: At Nighttime [A Mahou Shoujo RP: OPEN!]

Post by Candiies on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Fervis / Samantha 'Sam' Brooks:
Name: Samantha 'Sam' Brooks

Signature Style: [Geoterra Oria] ELEMENT: Earth (Imagine it as earthbending, without the need of having to make the martial art-like movements.)

Appearance: Regular form: Sam is a short girl for her age, reaching only 148cm tall. She has long, ice-blue hair that reaches midway of her back. Currently, she has pale skin, although she wishes to get tan one day. She tends to wear a turquoise hairband, any T-shirt along the colours of blue and green and navy blue jeans. Oh, and her eye colour is royal blue.

Answering form: Her long hair will now have a 'flowy' effect to it. On top of that, her eyes will glow. In order to hide that, she  wears goggles (similar to team flare's) which also can function as sunglasses.

Last edited by Candiies on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:33 pm

[reserved for plot notes + summary]

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yung$$$ on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:34 am

Is my OC from the run in Amphy still around or no?
Yung$$$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:17 pm

OCs from the original doc aren't relevant, as this is an entirely different run. However, you are free to use the same character here, but I'll roll your signature style again.

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelWithAScottGun on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:22 pm

My interest is rising, but I must ask, how do we fill out the joining form exactly? Do we do half of it and wait for a signature style?
AngelWithAScottGun

View user profile http://FakeWebsiteForSGN.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:55 am

Yes. You finish your part (name, age, appearance) and I'll add in your signature style. If you'd like, when you tell me your name for your signature style after you add it in, you can also provide a picture of your weapon, given that it isn't an element.

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranda Ixia on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:02 am

Name: Samantha 'Sam' Brooks

Signature Style:

Appearance: Regular form: Sam is a short girl for her age, reaching only 148cm tall. She has long, ice-blue hair that reaches midway of her back. Currently, she has pale skin, although she wishes to get tan one day. She tends to wear a turquoise hairband, any T-shirt along the colours of blue and green and navy blue jeans. Oh, and her eye colour is royal blue.

Answering form: Her long hair will now have a 'flowy' effect to it. On top of that, her eyes will glow. In order to hide that, she wears goggles (similar to team flare's) which also can function as sunglasses.
Aranda Ixia
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Accepted! Your form has been added with your signature style. Feel free to PM me a name that you'd like to give it, if you want.

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranda Ixia on Tue May 09, 2017 4:09 am

Hey Candiies (or should I refer to you as phys why?), how many rpers would we need to start the rp?
Aranda Ixia
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Wed May 10, 2017 12:37 am

Normally I start most of my forum RPs with 5, but since the forums are a bit dead right now, I'll probably start at a minimum of three.

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down