[RMT]Ice to mutherfucking see you

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT]Ice to mutherfucking see you

Post by Mobutt on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:47 pm

I suck at cq but I made a fairly standard Ice team in monotype. I tested it against a (low ladder) Ubers opponent and won. While you can't use CQ teams in monotype-at least mine due to my Kyu-W-after a substitute, it was fine again. I decided to post the Mono version after some improvements. Besides, I got better (maybe).

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 228 HP / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp
- Hex
- Spikes
Explanation::

More or less your standard suicide Froslass set. Cursed Body allows opponent's to be revoked the use of either powerful moves or STAB-boosted moves for a few turns, which in cases like B-punch Scizor, is quite effective. Maximum Speed allows it to out-speed most spikers and stealth rockers and maximum HP increases tanking potential. Destiny Bond is to kill non-priority sweepers while Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp cripples most offensive Pokemon, with Hex doing noticeable damage. A layer of spikes helps the offensive Pokemon on the team to nab some KO's.
Alternative: Non-suicide rocker due to a handy immunity to fighting and Normal type moves.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam/Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Ah, what this team was built around on. A choice scarf boosts it's speed to a very respectable 148, out-speeding close to the entire unboosted metagame while taking some opponents off guard. Outrage deals substantial damage but can leave it very susceptible to switch-ins, with Dragon Claw being a safer but weaker option. Ice Beam is able to deal noticeable damage with Blizzard doing more but being able to miss while Fusion Bolt lets it hit Water and Flying types, along with what it's STAB cannot. Finally, Roost can allow Kyu to heal up and keep going when done right.
Alternatives: Freeze Shock/White herb: While Freeze Shock does a huge amount of damage, it is unviable due to it's two-turn process. Earth Power over F-Bolt is a great option for a mixed attacker, taking full advantage of Teravolt.

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb/Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpA / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Thunder Wave/Dark Pulse
- Hex/Shadow Ball/Blizzard

The Life Orb helps it hit opponents harder with it's attacks, simple as that while the Assault Vest-working with a full-attack team only-makes it an effective special wall. The EV spread her gives it a nice balance as well. Meanwhile, Volt Switch is a great move for keeping up the momentum whiel Thunderbolt is for when you intend on killing the opponent. WoW and T-wave cripple offensive pokemon while Toxic wears down bulky pokemon and Dark Pulse hits other Pokemon. Hex works with the status moves but Shadow Ball creates more independent ghost move. Finally, Blizzard provides accuracy-loopy but powerful STAB.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash/Ice Shard
- Fake Out
- Low Kick/Icicle Crash
Explanation:

Your standard Weavile team. A Life orb allows it to hit as hard a possible, while Knock Off takes out opposing Pokemon's items and does substantial damage when un-resisted. Icicle Crash is the Main STAB move and is quite reliable for taking out Pokemon, while Ice Shard, despite being weaker, is a priority move. Fake Out allows it to get some extra chip damage in-and maybe a quick KO when combined with Ice Shard-and Low Kick allows it to easily KO heavier opponents.
Alternative: SDance/Focus Sash with Ice Shard and Fake Out is a good way for Weaile to become a sweeping machine.

Glaceon @ Focus Sash/Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Wish/Heal Bell
- Shadow Ball/Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam/Heal Bell

GOD this thing is underrated.

Anyways, yada yada yada. Focus Sash seems a bit odd, but it's pretty ideal for Wish-passing, while Leftovers provides steady healing. Wish can keep it's team healthy while Heal Bell can easily rid of statuses. Ice Beam deals a large amount of damage to the opponent, while Shadow Ball and Signal Beam solely let it hit other targets. Toxic can wear down bulky Pokemon as well. Finally, 252 HP allows it to take as many hits as possible while 252 SpA takes full advantage of it's 130 SpA stat.
Alternatives: Blizzard can work well in hell along with Aurora Veil if hail has previously been set up. Add Wish and Heal Bell and it becomes a very effective team support, along with a Pokemon quite capable of taking off chunks of health.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash/White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
Explanation:

A Focus Sash allows it to get a Shell Smash in freely if sent in early-game while White Herb rids of the annoying Shell Smash side effects. Skill Link fully abuses Rock Blast and Icicle Spear, and an Adamant nature also helps. Icicle Spear is a fantastic move for it, dealing 125 damage and breaking through Sashes without Stealth Rock. Shell Smash doubles it's speed and attack (spA doesn't matter here), making it a very threatening sweeper. Razor Shell provides Water STAB, albeit being relatively weak and Rock Blast let's it hit other things as well as abuse Skill Link.
Alternative:
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
A suicidal layer setup with can easily tank physical moves and helps offensive Pokemon KO opponents, as well as Keep off other field hazards as well. Seriously thought I should post this.

Please leave your feedback on this-I actually went on this team for a full HOUR.
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT]Ice to mutherfucking see you

Post by Articuno on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 am

Froslass:
Froslass isn't particularly tanky and as a suicide lead I'd expect that you want to set your hazards down and then deal as much damage as possible before falling. As such, I'd recommend:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp/Taunt
- Hex/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam
- Spikes

Kyurem-Black:
Considering you're running Roost, I would definitely not recommend a Scarf set. If you wanted to run Scarf I think you should have 4 attacking moves.
Naive Nature 
- Outrage/Dragon Claw 
- Ice Beam/Blizzard/Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt 
- Roost Dragon Claw/Iron Head

Alternatively you can replace your scarf with a LO, which would then allow you to run Roost. 

Rotom-Frost: 
I'll say now that if you want a balanced team with both a special and physical wall, I would recommend Avalugg and Walrein/Piloswine over Rotom-F and Glaceon. Avalugg provides Rapid Spin support, something that Ice desperately needs, not to mention a fantastic Defense stat. 

Avalugg (M) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Rapid Spin  
- Recover  
- Roar  
- Avalanche/Earthquake

Its naturally high defense means you put as much investment into SpD as possible. Roar helps to phase out set-up sweepers and Avalanche prevents it from being stopped by Taunt. You can use EQ if you need the coverage.

If you're intent on using Rotom-F, try using the LO set. Keep in mind that Rotom-F is an Electric/Ice type, so it doesn't need Ghost STAB at all. Additionally, this set is focused on doing as much damage as possible. While it only has Dual STAB, it can act as a pivot or even a revenge killer. This set would be best with Hail support, which your team currently lacks.

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Thunderbolt 
- Volt Switch 
- Blizzard
- Pain Split

Alternatively, you can go with a more defensive set:

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature 
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch 
- Blizzard
- Pain Split

Weavile: 
Your set for Weavile is already pretty decent but I'd suggest not using Fake Out at all. If you really need to break a sash you have Ice Shard. Putting a Sash on Weavile is an option if you're unsure about your timing with SD, but you seriously need hazard removal if you want to use a Sash.

Weavile @ Life Orb 
Jolly Nature 
- Knock Off 
- Icicle Crash 
- ice Shard 
- Low Kick/Swords Dance

Glaceon:
I said it above but I would suggest Walrein instead of Glaceon. Walrein's added Water typing and its fantastic Thick Fat ability lets it take Fire - and even Steel - a lot better than Glaceon ever can. While it doesn't have recovery like Glaceon does, it can still act as a good wall for your team. Another alternative to Walrein would be Piloswine. 

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Thick Fat  
Bold Nature  
- Super Fang  
- Surf  
- Roar 
- Toxic

Piloswine provides SR, and it also has Thick Fat. It has better coverage than Walrein because of a wider movepool, and Eviolite makes it quite tanky. 

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard/Toxic/Roar

If you want to run Glaceon try this set:

Glaceon (F) @ Leftovers  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Wish  
- Protect  
- Ice Beam/Frost Breath  
- Toxic/Heal Bell

Cloyster:
Your Cloyster set is also pretty standard. Don't see too much wrong with it, except I would suggest either a Jolly or Naive nature to outspeed most scarfed mons. If you're feeling daring you can even use a LO.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash/White Herb/Life Orb
Jolly/Naive Nature 
- Icicle Spear 
- Shell Smash 
- Razor Shell/Ice Shard/Hydro Pump 
- Rock Blast/Explosion

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:13 am

Articuno wrote:Froslass:
Froslass isn't particularly tanky and as a suicide lead I'd expect that you want to set your hazards down and then deal as much damage as possible before falling. As such, I'd recommend:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp/Taunt
- Hex/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam
- Spikes

Kyurem-Black:
Considering you're running Roost, I would definitely not recommend a Scarf set. If you wanted to run Scarf I think you should have 4 attacking moves.
Naive Nature 
- Outrage/Dragon Claw 
- Ice Beam/Blizzard/Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt 
- Roost Dragon Claw/Iron Head

Alternatively you can replace your scarf with a LO, which would then allow you to run Roost. 

Rotom-Frost: 
I'll say now that if you want a balanced team with both a special and physical wall, I would recommend Avalugg and Walrein/Piloswine over Rotom-F and Glaceon. Avalugg provides Rapid Spin support, something that Ice desperately needs, not to mention a fantastic Defense stat. 

Avalugg (M) @ Leftovers  
Careful Nature  
- Rapid Spin  
- Recover  
- Roar  
- Avalanche/Earthquake

Its naturally high defense means you put as much investment into SpD as possible. Roar helps to phase out set-up sweepers and Avalanche prevents it from being stopped by Taunt. You can use EQ if you need the coverage.

If you're intent on using Rotom-F, try using the LO set. Keep in mind that Rotom-F is an Electric/Ice type, so it doesn't need Ghost STAB at all. Additionally, this set is focused on doing as much damage as possible. While it only has Dual STAB, it can act as a pivot or even a revenge killer. This set would be best with Hail support, which your team currently lacks.

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Thunderbolt 
- Volt Switch 
- Blizzard
- Pain Split

Alternatively, you can go with a more defensive set:

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature 
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch 
- Blizzard
- Pain Split

Weavile: 
Your set for Weavile is already pretty decent but I'd suggest not using Fake Out at all. If you really need to break a sash you have Ice Shard. Putting a Sash on Weavile is an option if you're unsure about your timing with SD, but you seriously need hazard removal if you want to use a Sash.

Weavile @ Life Orb 
Jolly Nature 
- Knock Off 
- Icicle Crash 
- ice Shard 
- Low Kick/Swords Dance

Glaceon:
I said it above but I would suggest Walrein instead of Glaceon. Walrein's added Water typing and its fantastic Thick Fat ability lets it take Fire - and even Steel - a lot better than Glaceon ever can. While it doesn't have recovery like Glaceon does, it can still act as a good wall for your team. Another alternative to Walrein would be Piloswine. 

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers  
Bold Nature  
- Super Fang  
- Surf  
- Roar 
- Toxic

Piloswine provides SR, and it also has Thick Fat. It has better coverage than Walrein because of a wider movepool, and Eviolite makes it quite tanky. 

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard/Toxic/Roar

If you want to run Glaceon try this set:

Glaceon (F) @ Leftovers  
Calm Nature  
- Wish  
- Protect  
- Ice Beam/Frost Breath  
- Toxic/Heal Bell

Cloyster:
Your Cloyster set is also pretty standard. Don't see too much wrong with it, except I would suggest either a Jolly or Naive nature to outspeed most scarfed mons. If you're feeling daring you can even use a LO.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash/White Herb/Life Orb
Jolly/Naive Nature 
- Icicle Spear 
- Shell Smash 
- Razor Shell/Ice Shard/Hydro Pump 
- Rock Blast/Explosion

Changes have been made to the team following the advice you have given (although I kept in Glaceon using the set you provided and the Kyurem set was fine-albeit the Outrage/Dragon Claw. I decided to stick with Outrage, which was bold on my part.) Thank you!
Refreshed team:

Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes

Avalugg (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Roar
- Avalanche

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Ice Shard

Glaceon (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Explosion
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:06 pm

well for one you have ice shard on weavile twice, probably put poison jab on that 4th slot to hit fini

Weavile @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

also i would recommend dropping glaceon for alola-ninetales, super screens > wishpassing on such a hyper offensive team, especially one with scarf kyu-b on it

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock/Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Nasty Plot/Blizzard

sash is only so that you can beat lead scizor (lol) or scarfchomp leads (less lol), so you don't really need to run it if you're confident in being able to switch around on those.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum