Washed Away (Water Team RMT)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Washed Away (Water Team RMT)

Post by Psychoreality on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 am

This is a bit of a gimmicky rain team, but there's a reason for that. The reason I generally run gimmicks is because it's almost a twisted version of CQ anti-meta. The CQ meta is either terrifyingly stupid or very stock, and by putting a team somewhere in the middle it throws everyone off and can create fun opportunities. Anyway, onto the team.

Snake Bite (Gyarados) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

My designated late-game cleaner. Gyarados is actually not as good as you'd expect on this team, but it can punch holes in squads with STAB Waterfall and EdgeQuake coverage.

Toilet Nigel (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost

My main rain setter. Mainly used for eating hits and as a pivot into my Seismitoad or Lanturn because of the defensive core on this squad. 100% accurate Hurricane can also deal some damage to lead 'mons on types like Bug.

Frog (Seismitoad) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Yes, that is a physical sweeper Seismitoad you see. I'm serious. This thing catches people off guard all over the place, and STAB Earthquake + Poison Jab is fantastic coverage. Knock Off also takes chunks off of walls like Slowbro, Chansey and P2 after a point.

I Eat Thunders (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic

My cleric and one of the best 'mons on the team. VoltTurn defensive cores are very hard to come by and Pelipper + Lanturn really work together very well. Toxic allows you to take a chunk off of most Pokemon in the game, and Volt Absorb lets you switch in Lanturn on an Electric move to eat it.

I Eat You (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

The funniest Pokemon on the team. Giving this thing Rain Dance allows Tenta to get extra recovery even against a Sand team or when Pelipper is dead. Rapid Spin and TSpikes make things super tough for the opponent, and it's also a spinner. Very worthwhile addition.

Personal Space (Palkia) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Thunder

The designated legend and Big Boy himself, Palkia. Specs allows Surf in rain to actually kill about 90% of mons and Spacial Rend to 2HKO most of the other ones. Timid lets it outspeed most other Specs 'mons and it's still bulky enough to take a fair amount of attacks that get thrown at it.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Re: Washed Away (Water Team RMT)

Post by Articuno on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 am

Only thing I want to mention is Flamethrower on Palkia... if you're using Rain are you sure you want to use that?

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:48 am

Articuno wrote:Only thing I want to mention is Flamethrower on Palkia... if you're using Rain are you sure you want to use that?

Actually, good point. I should swap that out for Ice Beam, I was just in need of a Ferrothorn beater. By the time I'm using Palkia rain isn't up most of the time anyway.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top