Volteli's CQ GodSquads Vol. 1 - Ground

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Volteli's CQ GodSquads Vol. 1 - Ground

Post by Volteli on Fri May 12, 2017 3:44 pm

this is a joke lmao don't get triggered

Volteli's CQ GodSquad's Volume 1 - Ground

What is this?
In the beginning their were 5 singularities - earth, air, water, trash players running stall and the godsquad. From this, was birthed the greatest CQ player to ever grace the roleplaying room - myself. After billions of years mastering the art of copying sets from the monotype room - here I am with one of many teams. This time ground because it is a good type.

Who are you?
I go by many names - the best driver this side of the sun, a not trash vlazzah, hydre's great grandfather who isn't french, but most people call me Volteli. According to an ancient language volteli was another name for the holylordknightgod. The gods blessed me with such amazing pokemon skill that I had no choice but to bless you lower beings with my superior strength. Also I hate stall unless it's my anything goes godsquad which is what I run when I decide to hate myself.

What makes a GodSquad?
Glad you asked for my infinite wisdom. The pillars of a GodSquad are:
- Run balance. Hyper offence is trash and stall is even more trash.
- Tanks have to be unique (Edit: I've been informed that the correct word is 'gimmicky'. Whatever.)
- Run a set-up mon. 2 is preferred. 3 is godsquad legends. 6 is the definitive godsquad team.
- Run baton pass or a lot of status mons.
- Piss off the enemy team.
- Don't use bug type

The Team

Hippowdon @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Relaxed Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Slack Off  
- Whirlwind

Hey it's the lead / sand setter / physdef tank. Usual lead which sets up rocks. Can switch in to most physical attacks so I don't get bodied by any physical attackers. SET UP ROCKS AGAINST EVERYTHING BUT ESPECIALLY AGAINST BUG FLYING AND FIRE. Especially bug. EQ is for STAB attack in a pinch and whirlwind is for set up mons and getting out zards and stuff when rocks are up.

Excadrill @ Choice Band  
Ability: Sand Rush  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Iron Head  
- Rock Slide  
- Rapid Spin

Spinner because people looooove toxic spikes. Sand abuser. Hard hitter. Not much to say honestly. I wanted to run SD but oh well I like choice band anyway cause it fucks everything. EQ is the spammable stab cause who runs dig lmao and iron head cause fairies are annoying. Rock Slide because fuck the flying type. Adamant because Damage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Speed unless it's a setup mon.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers  
Ability: Storm Drain  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def  
Calm Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Scald  
- Toxic  
- Recover  
- Clear Smog

B-but holy lord based god volteli you said stall was bad?!? yes it is and this isnt stall this is called being annoying. Needed a spdef tank so here is gastrodon to annoy everyone. Scald burns stuff. Toxic posions stuff. Recover heals me and Clear Smog is to shut down fools who think they can out set-up the set-up god. Honestly a meme mon that gets sacked like 3 turns in to the game.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb  
Ability: Poison Heal  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Agility  
- Baton Pass  
- Swords Dance  
- Substitute

Remember when I said set up well here we go. Honestly you don't have to be skilled to use this mon just switch in on stuff it can tank and then press agility. Then sub and try and sd. Pass to chomp. ez.

Garchomp @ Garchompite  
Ability: Sand Veil  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Naive Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Outrage  
- Fire Blast

The mon you'll probably do the sweeping with providing you're not trash and can pass with Gliscor. SD because Gliscor doesnt always get an SD up. All this mon is is clicking the right attacks. Press EQ against everything but flying. Press Outrage against everything but fairies and steels. Fire Blast is because every fucking steel team feels the need to run skarmory even though you could have mega aggron. Who am I to judge though.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Thick Fat  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Icicle Crash  
- Ice Shard  
- Superpower

Okay so flying is a problem and here is my solution. Press Icicle Crash for like every mon but also press Superpower sometimes. Ice Shard is for mons that are really low that you might not outspeed. EQ is EQ. Nothing much to say really. Also one of my favourite VGC players won 2013 worlds with this mon. So you know it isn't trash. Unlike stall.

FAQ:

How should I play this team?
faint their 6 mons before your 6 mons lol ez pz

what about taunt users?
get salty
hack their account
get them banned off ps

should i make an alliance
yes ally with grass and ice
say you'll take out fire and poison for them
this way you don't get weakness hunted and can get ice to fuck flying providing they're not trash
also take out bug for grass because they'll like you more and bug is a trash type

most of your mons are physical what about will-o-wisp
dodge it

what about scald that has a 100% chance of burn
get zarel and/or tpc to ban the move

why not hyper offence
shut up

Threatlist:

Flying Type
lmao just dont use earthquake and try to pass to chomp
press rock slide with excadrill
or make an alliance with grass and ice

grass and ice types
make an alliance
???
profit

or make an alliance with fire and electric so they take out grass and water

MEGA

click x

thanks for reading

although i guess you should be thanking me for gracing you with the first edition of god squads

in which case

okay bye

edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-575466085

this is how you play this team gg ez

Last edited by Volteli on Fri May 12, 2017 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Volteli
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/roleplaying

Back to top Go down

Re: Volteli's CQ GodSquads Vol. 1 - Ground

Post by Colonel on Fri May 12, 2017 3:51 pm

what setup mons does gastrodon specifically beat? any sub setup user bones you whcih may be a good reason to run earthquake>toxic and sassy>calm. you could just run life orb on mamo to make it a secondary baton pass receiver and a generally better rker. also jolly but even if you dont make mamo lo adamant scarf base 80 is a trash speed tier

also serp literally hits like a wet fucking noodle before it boosts. pass an sd to garchomp, raw sd and nothing else and u win

also garchompite is trash compared to lo but rpers like using it in cq so its like whatever

what is sub for on glisc besides taking advantage of rpers being bad as much as humanly possible? eq lets glisc itself not be setup fodder

Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Volteli on Fri May 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Colonel wrote:what setup mons does gastrodon specifically beat?  any sub setup user bones you whcih may be a good reason to run earthquake>toxic and sassy>calm.  you could just run life orb on mamo to make it a secondary baton pass receiver and a generally better rker.  also jolly but even if you dont make mamo lo adamant scarf base 80 is a trash speed tier

also serp literally hits like a wet fucking noodle before it boosts.  pass an sd to garchomp, raw sd and nothing else and u win

also garchompite is trash compared to lo but rpers like using it in cq so its like whatever

what is sub for on glisc besides taking advantage of rpers being bad as much as humanly possible?  eq lets glisc itself not be setup fodder

idk man rpers run some weird shit ive seen dd ttars so when it's needed it's needed

toxic is because gastrodon is a fun mon to use

LO mamo can be used but make sure gliscor presses agility

'what is sub for on glisc besides taking advantage of rpers being bad as much as humanly possible?'

the definition of godsquads

Volteli
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/roleplaying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top