Themed Short Story Contest - June 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Themed Short Story Contest - June 2017

Post by Articuno on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:53 am

It's that time again: a chance to earn Room Voice and recognition for your writing skills!

You guys voted for what kind of contest you wanted to see, and here we are: A Themed Short Story Contest. You have a list of ten themes to choose from, and you must write a story based on one of those themes.

You can find the rules for this contest here!

Please make sure you read all the rules, as you will be disqualified if your doc does not follow them. 

Please post below if you have any questions regarding the contest.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Themed Short Story Contest - June 2017

Post by Rico on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:09 am

So there's been a bit of a change regarding judging of this contest. Every time we do a contest the same complaint manages to come through. Judges are showing bias towards users they like. While we have seen no evidence of this, we're taking steps this contest to remove that concern.

We've changed the way judging is done so that judges are ONLY able to see the document and the theme you've chosen. Judges won't see your name, nor will they see other judges scores. As you will see in the rules, including your name on your document will instantly disqualify you, so there is no way judges will know who wrote what until it's all over.

With that, we're also going to be opening judging up to our voices. We will update the post when submissions close to see if any voices will be interested. This should give more variance in the judging, potentially giving a more accurate result.

Hopefully this will alleviate any concerns you may have about the way the contest is run, leaving you free to write away. Remember that in a themed contest like this, the theme counts for twice as many points, so make sure that you stick to the theme you pick.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WantedDark on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Quick question: When is the end date for this contest? Sorry if it's stated somewhere, I couldn't find it
WantedDark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsYaBoi1337 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:47 pm

WantedDark wrote:Quick question: When is the end date for this contest? Sorry if it's stated somewhere, I couldn't find it
End of June. (30th)
ItsYaBoi1337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theneks on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:17 pm

This 1-3 pages limit is gunna kill me, I just know it. I use lots of indentation in my writting pale

theneks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:11 am

The limit on pages is a suggestion, not a requirement. Try to keep it within that, but if you can't just keep writing. DO NOT change font size just to fit it in to three pages or get it up to one page.

Also keep in mind that different formatting styles impact page usage a lot. Dialogue, for instance, tends to waste a lot of page space as you have to start a new paragraph every time you change speakers. So no, not a hard limit just a suggestion.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top