Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - RP edition

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - RP edition

Post by Special Operations! on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Is “I don’t like this RP.” a good enough reason to ask for an endpoll?
Special Operations!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Considering the basic reason you'd even ask for an endpoll is "I don't like this RP" or "I want a different RP", yes.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Question number 1: How much 'mod discretion' actually is there? I'm not being rude, but if each moderator has vastly different opinions on the exact same thing, then it becomes kinda confusing.

For example, in my 365+ days in this room have I ever gotten and endpoll started by the simple reason of 'I don't like this rp'. Actually, isn't that a little bit petty? I mean, I'm guessing there's a reason why past endpolls needed solid reasons (above 'this rp succ', which could, theoretically, be allowed because it falls under 'I don't like this rp').
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:18 pm

We have a general guideline on what is and what isn't acceptable.

Staff are well within their right to reject an endpoll if they feel it is being done for reasons other than the ones that were stated (for instance, if someone has just died in an MM and then they endpoll). Oftentimes staff will also seek a reason other than 'I don't like this RP', though on a personal level I don't believe they should (unless, of course, it falls under the doubt thing). 

I don't think that it's petty to want to know why a user is endpolling, as we've had many issues in the past of people calling out others for 'saltpolling'. Also, I would probably reject someone who just said "this rp succ" because it's pretty shitposty and implies an endpoll literally for the sake of an endpoll.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm

The reason we first implemented this policy was because people were asking for endpolls immediately upon entering the room, or simply because there hasn't been an endpoll recently. The former is a problem because you haven't really had the chance to see if you will like or dislike the RP yet, you haven't even tried to join it at all. The latter is a problem because if we wanted endpolls every half hour or so, we'd automate endpolls.

An endpoll should not be made for the sake of making an endpoll, and we do want people to at least give an RP a try before wanting it to end. Arti also touched on the issue of asking for an endpoll immediately after you get killed in or removed from an RP, which is another thing we try to avoid.

"I don't like this RP" is a valid reason, but many of our mods are likely to ask you to elaborate so we know for sure that this RP isn't fun for you, and you're not just using "I don't like this RP" as a cover for "I don't like this host" or "I just got killed" or any other number of things we try to avoid.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranda Ixia on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:50 am

Is it against the rules for a rp doc to contain multiple links to youtube for let's say, setting the scene for a location in the rp?
Aranda Ixia
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:15 am

What do you mean by setting the location? Settings are a visual thing, would not an image suffice?
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranda Ixia on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:31 am

I suppose that makes sense. I was originally thinking of using an image and audio to set the scene. The youtube links would link to music.
Aranda Ixia
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:51 am

As long as the video of the music you are linking to is not explicit that's fine. If the links are too frequent or occupy to much of the document you may be asked to change it to make a series of words in to a hyperlink, instead of just posting a URL.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranda Ixia on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:19 am

Thanks for the clarification!
Aranda Ixia
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Rico wrote:As long as the video of the music you are linking to is not explicit that's fine.

Does this mean I can't use "Blurred Lines" or "Fancy" or "You're Gonna Go Far Kid?" I believe it does mean that, and I don't add music videos to docs anyway, but I thought I'd ask because I am willing to trust you either way.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Absolutely not
There's nothing overtly wrong with this one
Nor with this other one.

When I say explicit I mean in line with PS global rules. Nothing sexual in nature, nothing overly violent, nothing particularly disgusting. Swearing is fine as long as it's not the primary focus of the song.
If you aren't sure, don't use it.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:11 pm

I see. Just wanted to make sure these were as censored globally on PS as I thought they were, which they don't seem to be, as you said.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:36 pm

I've not been active for nearly two months, so I'd like to ask - is it all right with ALL ROs if the following roomfaqs were added and/or changed their wording?

/rfaq erp = Erotic Roleplay, or ERP, usually happens in PMs and tends to be sexual in nature. Pokémon Showdown is full of minors, so most ERP related things will result in a global lock. Don't do it.

/rfaq staff = Our staff are volunteers and are involved in our room for their love of RP. If the room's staff is putting their attention towards fixing or improving one RP when you think something else needs attention, understand as well that this is because we are normal people and hence have our own interests and passions. Don't reveal a staff member's alts without permission.

/rfaq drugs = Drugs and 'getting high' are censored in the RP room. While it is cool to have triggers that change the way your character's mind works, generally speaking it should not be about substance use and abuse. The exception to this is cigarettes (which have an age limit of 18) and alcohol (which has an age limit of 21).
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:37 pm

A double post to ask yet another simple question.

When I looked at /rfaq plagiarism, it said that you took a firm stance against plagiarism of any kind. Does this include collusion (unauthorised co-operation of making customs or other docs) as well?
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next