Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - RP edition

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - RP edition

Post by Rico on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:22 am

The erp and drugs ones are good examples of things I'll need to add. A lot of the rfaqs will be reworked some time in the next couple of months as we have some changes to RP Rules and Guidelines to make them easier for new and old users alike to access the information they need.

I don't understand what you mean by "Un-authorised co-operation". People are free to help each other make documents as long as you understand that customs will be approved for the user who requested it. That person will be considered the owner and is free to remove those who helped make the custom if they wish (this should be the same person who owns the document).

The only places we forbid collusion of any kind are in legendary docs, as we expect this to be your own writing, as well as contests unless stated otherwise.

So to recap: Working together is fine. Stealing from others is not. If you take inspiration from someone, maybe mention it to them and give credit where credit's due.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:34 am

Thank you, Rico.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranda Ixia on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:19 am

In a previous post, Gym Leader ABCDE mentioned something about adding stuff to the roomfaqs. If it is all right with the staff, may this be added to the roomfaq for freeroam?

Freeroam is an RP in which you have the capacity to craft your own stories. In this RP, there is no host, which gives the users free reign over the world as long as it stays within the rules (No godmodding, religious imagery, outside fandoms, gore, etc.) to create their own adventures and plots. In addition, no references may be made to any real-life events or people.
Aranda Ixia
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 am

The rules have already been changed to make it clearer that real life situations, people, and historical events cannot be used in the room in official RPs, and controversial topics are not to be discussed or implemented in the room at all.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:57 am

Articuno wrote: Controversial topics are not to be discussed or implemented in the room at all.

But surely we shouldn't censor everything contraversial (for example, there are many contraversial outside fandoms that people use all the time outside of FR, for example, I myself have a Fire Emblem Fates GvE roleplay). I mean, censoring everything contraversial is censoring nearly everything.

I mean, it's reasonable to censor drugs, abuse, anything sexual in nature or politics, but things like TV programmes (e.g. FNAF, Toy Story etc.) and weapons should not be censored imo.

In fact, as a rule of thumb, anything that is censored in the RP room, people are going to do anyway because censoring doesn't work. I know this from experience, because most people don't like being told what to do. I realise it is the staff's job to censor anything that may be inappropriate in most (or all) of the United States, but EVERYTHING that's contraversial?

I apologise for the long and heavy message, and I'm sure you have your reasons for the censorship of everything contraversial, but although this room will never be perfect and I accept that, isn't this room about having fun? I mean, most of your rules are reasonable. But controversy is a grey area. It's not as simple as "If you're not sure, don't," as a lot of people, staff and members alike (they are all normal people!) would define controversy differently.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Gray areas exist for the sake of moderator discretion. We could make rules for literally every single thing and tell you what you can and can't do, but there are things that you can do sometimes, or that you can't do in that context. If you can't work out if something would be appropriate for a room full of young teens, then don't do it at all.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:09 pm

I believe your definition of controversial might be a little different from what the rules intend. For one, Fire Emblem isn't controversial...

This isn't an attempt to censor everything that anyone might have a cry about. As you said, that would mean nothing is allowed in the room. These rules were added to prevent people from RPing with sensitive topics (such as WWII and the Nazi era) and breaking immersion (mentioning real-life TV shows when these wouldn't exist in the Pokemon universe). 

I believe you're overexaggerating or misunderstanding the amount of topics this rule covers.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 am

Rico wrote:If you can't work out if something would be appropriate for a room full of young teens, then don't do it at all.

Now we're talking! Like you say, grey areas exist for the sake of moderator discretion. Appropriate for young teens I can do. Controversy I can't always avoid. That's why I asked about it in the previous post.

Articuno wrote:These rules were added to prevent people from RPing with sensitive topics (such as WWII and the Nazi era) and breaking immersion (mentioning real-life TV shows when these wouldn't exist in the Pokemon universe).

Now I see how FNAF, Toy Story and other TV programmes that are contraversial in the real world would also be contraversial (and hence censored) in the RP room.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:53 am

I don't think you're quite understanding what we mean here.

You cannot roleplay as canon characters or real world public figures. We are a room about creativity, be creative.
You cannot roleplay as outside fandoms. We are a pokemon room.
You cannot roleplay real world events, particularly those from the past hundred years. These are sensitive topics.
This also means that in the roleplay world there is nothing from our 'real world'. So no religions, no pop culture, no kfc.
This does not mean you can't roleplay a religious character.

Controversial topics such as Religion, Drugs, Alcohol, Sexuality and such like should be avoided.

How strictly these guidelines should be followed and enforced is up to moderator discretion. If you're unsure, don't try.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Despair on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:22 am

Hey,
Just posting to ask about some clarification as to the new banned phrases?
I notice that 'oof' and 'rip' are actually banned phrases (am unsure of what else is at this stage).
Could I ask why it was decided upon that this was the case?
Not that it is a huge detriment to me particularly, however the room's already known for its more than strict policies; restricting such trivial things may deter potential new RPers from the room.
Seems a bit silly to me but I don't have the professional opinion on it of course. --Unless this is some april fools meme xD
Thanks for reading and have a nice day.
Hope Evans.
Frozen Despair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:42 am

We did add some banwords for April Fools. These were:
fools
oof
heck
darn
teh
eleventyone
h e double hockey sticks
rip
vent vanitas is a cool guy
kiera is cute
Vlazzah is honestly one of the nicest people in the room and I greatly respect him
Respect Vlazzah
Enchidio is funny
I like Enchidio

We will most likely be keeping oof as a banword in the ooc room as lately it has been used as a spam phrase.
"WE'RE NOT TROLLS RICO OMG"
No, that's not what I meant. Spam is a message that adds nothing to the topic of the conversation. 'oof' is frequently said as a single word post and never as a positive addition to the conversation.
This is similar to the ban on strikethrough or John Cena. Moral of the story: If you say something too much and it adds nothing, we'll probably ban it.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:59 am

Out of interest, why IS John Cena a banword? Sure he's outside fandoms, as he is to do with wrestling, and it doesn't help that trolls use the meme "His name is [insert wrestler here]", but shouldn't that be ANY wrestler? Wrestling IS outside fandoms, after all. Like you say, we are a Pokémon room.
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:29 am

It's because of the reason I stated in the post, it was being used as spam.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Thu May 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Are tournament customs allowed? I've seen one that was approved and ran successfully, but then another user claimed that tournament RPs are supposed to be banned.
Candiies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum