Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - RP edition

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - RP edition

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:19 am

okay, i have another simple question
i came to the rp room yesterday and i hand't been there in a while and i realized that i couldn't use bit.ly links to post a doc. I'm so confused, and I've missed a lot since my visit before that. please explain x.x
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Dragonite99 wrote:okay, i have another simple question
i came to the rp room yesterday and i hand't been there in a while and i realized that i couldn't use bit.ly links to post a doc. I'm so confused, and I've missed a lot since my visit before that. please explain x.x
Not sure what exactly happened but there has been some hacking on the shortened link sites, so now we post the google doc link itself in showdown since it automatically shortens itself.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeJellopy on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:00 pm

So, there's a thing that's been getting me wondering since I joined in Freeroams...
Is it acceptable for the more fish-like water-types to roam around? Because you see, most of the RP takes place on land, which sort of limits the more deep-sea based Pokémon like, say, Clamperl, from appearing on a more consistent basis.

So, without resorting to stuff like the Pokémon travelling by water table tunnels or starting a scene on the depths of a lake when everybody else (me included) makes land-based mons, what's the most acceptable means of playing a deep-sea fish?

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:57 pm

LargeJellopy wrote:So, there's a thing that's been getting me wondering since I joined in Freeroams...
Is it acceptable for the more fish-like water-types to roam around? Because you see, most of the RP takes place on land, which sort of limits the more deep-sea based Pokémon like, say, Clamperl, from appearing on a more consistent basis.

So, without resorting to stuff like the Pokémon travelling by water table tunnels or starting a scene on the depths of a lake when everybody else (me included) makes land-based mons, what's the most acceptable means of playing a deep-sea fish?
Just because a band of people RP on land doesn't mean you have to
I used to RP in the Underworld, I used to RP on the clouds
It's freeroam, you're free to go anywhere you like with no limitations. Just the roleplay limitations of godmodding, powerplaying etc.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:
Dragonite99 wrote:okay, i have another simple question
Not sure what exactly happened but there has been some hacking on the shortened link sites, so now we post the google doc link itself in showdown since it automatically shortens itself.

ah, i see. thanks!! Smile
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:02 pm

I just wanted to ask, why do people have to curse in chat if they do not properly send a line of RP? Why can't they just say "welp"/"oops"/"smh" or anything that isn't verbally bad?
I'm just asking this because we don't actually know that there might be someone younger than 12 in chat and he/she would be seeing someone cursing making us a bad influence to him/her.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:29 pm

I'm already a bad influence, isn't that enough?
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:I just wanted to ask, why do people have to curse in chat if they do not properly send a line of RP? Why can't they just say "welp"/"oops"/"smh" or anything that isn't verbally bad?
I'm just asking this because we don't actually know that there might be someone younger than 12 in chat and he/she would be seeing someone cursing making us a bad influence to him/her.

I'm guessing it's just the way people were raised. I don't want to make any judgments or assumptions or something, when I say that/this, but some people were raised where in their house cursing is normal. Others are raised in a place where their parents try not to curse and say bad words when their children are around. I wish we could do something about it, but this sort of thing is very hard to moderate. I know I'm not staff but I can tell from experience it's hard to moderate and control people who are raised in different ways than others
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Cursing is not against the rules at all. While we may have younger users, we also have a great deal of teenagers who are used to cursing, whether from being raised that way or having picked up on it. And users under 13 shouldn't even be on the site in the first place. PS openly states itself as PG13, and cursing is not a problem unless used excessively or in an inappropriate manner.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeriouslySkarmory on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:30 am

I have a quick question. If I was to present a custom roleplay or roleplay variant (variant in particular), am I required to get moderator/room owner permission to run it, or can permission be given out as the RP is run?
SeriouslySkarmory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:15 am

SeriouslySkarmory wrote:I have a quick question. If I was to present a custom roleplay or roleplay variant (variant in particular), am I required to get moderator/room owner permission to run it, or can permission be given out as the RP is run?

From what I have seen, people have run customs several times without getting them cleared first. I havent seen any issues arise from this. If you have a variant or you are not sure that it is a variant, I suggest you speak to them first to be sure. Mind you, if you are new to or not completely confident with custom making I suggest get them to check it anyway.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Network on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:19 pm

I'm not sure if this have been asked, but what exactly is a CQ roleplay/Conquest roleplay? I've never played the games and I don't understand the whole Warlord, etc. stuff. (I understand you're not a trainer but... I dunno. I'm just really confused.)
Forest Network

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:38 pm

Forest Network wrote:I'm not sure if this have been asked, but what exactly is a CQ roleplay/Conquest roleplay? I've never played the games and I don't understand the whole Warlord, etc. stuff. (I understand you're not a trainer but... I dunno. I'm just really confused.)

I suggest you read this (Conquest paragraph), this will be the fast way. The long way : read the CQ rule document, of which I have a copy here.

If you can't see the links, feel free to PM me and I'll send them.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:10 am

i dont have a definite answer in mind, so i'll ask here: anyone know what happened to that 'Rate my OC!' thread? it just sort of lingers there and i'm always staring at it like "why" since from what I can tell it hasnt been updated in quite a while.
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Almighty Savior wrote:i dont have a definite answer in mind, so i'll ask here: anyone know what happened to that 'Rate my OC!' thread? it just sort of lingers there and i'm always staring at it like "why" since from what I can tell it hasnt been updated in quite a while.

I would assume it simply just lost popularity and died down. However that is just a guess.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum