Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - RP edition

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - RP edition

Post by LargeJellopy on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:53 pm

So, this is a miscellaneous-ish question that may eventually come into being relevant:

Do you consider Lapras a reptile or a mammal?

I personally think it's a mammal; the fins make me think of a mammal, the curls make me think of rat-like ears, and Lapras has lots of similarities to whales, like living in icy places (presumably, with the part-Ice typing), singing to find partners, and being over-hunted. It certainly looks like a mix of some marine reptiles though, like turtle + plesiosaur, which is what gives me a doubt. What do you think?

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:58 pm

Mammal for moi
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Please don't post in here unless you have a question relating to the RP room. If you'd like to ask a question like that, make a thread in "Other" please.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I have a question in regards to endpolls. Is publically stating that you want the roleplay to end/continue, or chatting about endpolls while something is running against the rules? Because I do recall a time when it was stated the discussing endpolls was against them.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Aesir on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 am

I'm not going to pretend that I know the answer to this, but I think it would be rude to a host if someone were to fill the RP with OOC along the lines of "end this please." Since the .endpoll command now exists, I'm not sure if this has changed.

As for questions, what is the rule for RPing as a Pokemon from Smogon's CAP Project? Do they count as "fakemons" and are thus banned, or is there a restriction on the specific ones that can be used? (Auromoth, I'm guessing, is banned since it's intended to be a legend.)

The rules thread also has some outdated rules. Specifically, it still states that RO permission is needed at the start of every role-play to be a legendary Pokemon and that RustyRP is for custom RPs.
Fenrir Aesir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:27 pm

As far as I know CAP mons are banned for RP, you can't use them in any way (unless it was CAP CQ x) ). If ever that I'm wrong, my justification is that Auromoth isn't in the list of Legends in those Legendary OCs.

For my question, you need to see this scenario: (This takes place in my custom Dragonborn)
Person A rolls on the floor, he then thinks that he wants to fly and suddenly turns into a Dragon
Host: Person A, you still cant be a dragon that can fly.

Now the question is: Does host telling someone their mistake or what they're doing wrong in bold counts as unnecessary bold? Imo it seems like it is because you can always tell the person your correction in OOC or in PMs.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:03 am

I want to quickly just clarify whether or not voices have permission to do hostpolls/rp polls. We were in amphy when no staff were on but I wasnt sure whether I was able to make a hostpoll or not. I'm pretty sure it use to be only staff but I've seen a few voices giving out host poll perms now.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yujo on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:49 am

@Cruella

Voices are allowed to make host polls by themselves! They do not need permission from staff to do so. As for RP polls, Voices can do them whenever the Roleplaying Bot is MIA for some time. Perhaps I'll ask Rico to specify this in the Room Rules so that Voices can refer to it.

Voices cannot grant RP poll/host poll perms, though. If you need a staff member to grant them (if you cannot do it yourself at that moment), PM one that's online at the time ASAP.

gone.
Yujo

View user profile https://groovyyugi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:14 am

Okie thanks lover.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Wed May 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:

For my question, you need to see this scenario: (This takes place in my custom Dragonborn)
Person A rolls on the floor, he then thinks that he wants to fly and suddenly turns into a Dragon
Host: Person A, you still cant be a dragon that can fly.

Now the question is: Does host telling someone their mistake or what they're doing wrong in bold counts as unnecessary bold? Imo it seems like it is because you can always tell the person your correction in OOC or in PMs.

This looks like it has gone unanswered for some time.
I think it depends on the matter of the situation. If Person A has been continuously been trying to turn into a dragon that can fly, I do not think it is unnecessary. However, if it is only the first time, I think an OOC comment HL'ing the person will be fine. This is what I have learned from experience, but terms may or may not have changed since the last time I hosted an RP.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Mon May 16, 2016 1:40 pm

A quick question about the role of voices in the event of no rp staff. So it happens a bit where there is a hour or two gap of no staff being on except for a global. Ooc spikes up and things usually get a bit out of hand. In events like this are us voices meant to do anything or just passively suggest things. I dont want to be one to minimod in a situation like this and I know we arent staff members. This is a bit of a grey area for me and I think for a few other voices as well.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon May 16, 2016 8:43 pm

There's generally not much point in doing something if you can't enforce it. You're free to ask people to ooc less and the host ALWAYS has that right as well. In fact, if you're a host and people actively ignore your request to reduce OOC, please report them to a staff member when one is available.

Back to the point at hand, we don't expect voices to control the chat at all. If we did, we would give you an official staff rank and you wouldn't be voice anymore.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sceptile Named Energy on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:24 am

So I have just a question to ask: In GvE, so let's say I'm a dragonite attacking an enemy skarmory, can a random bisharp come out of nowhere, let's say it wasn't near the skarmory, and defend the skarmory by attacking me? In the GvE rules I've read have said nothing about this topic. Either I'm blind, Which is probably the case, or this is a question that needs an answer. So I'd just like someone to clarify this for me please.
The Sceptile Named Energy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:07 pm

Not really a question, but a request. (Sorry if the post seems a bit... uh... I guess, blunt?)

If someone could make a post about what is and isn't considered minimodding that'd be very helpful for me (and for the other new recently voiced users). Even though I've listened to Skitty talk on this matter before, some of the staff still seems to have a different definition. (Like, is a voice calling for less ooc considered minimodding, etc.)
Thanks in advance.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:37 am

Fraction wrote:Not really a question, but a request. (Sorry if the post seems a bit... uh... I guess, blunt?)

If someone could make a post about what is and isn't considered minimodding that'd be very helpful for me (and for the other new recently voiced users). Even though I've listened to Skitty talk on this matter before, some of the staff still seems to have a different definition. (Like, is a voice calling for less ooc considered minimodding, etc.)
Thanks in advance.

Minimodding is a really gray area and it can largely come down to moderator preference. Essentially most mods (I'm probably the worst) don't like it when we're online and somebody else is trying to do our job with no position to actually back it up. If a staff member is online and active it's almost always better to approach them and say "Hey I'm having trouble roleplaying with the amount of OOC going on, do you think it's too much?" or whatever your problem may be.

Telling somebody they will get punished is generally minimodding, but asking somebody not to do something isn't. Voices have more leeway with this because you are generally veteran members of the room and can spot when things might be getting out of hand... but again, if a staff member is online it's usually better to politely ask them about it instead.

Note: Politely asking somebody means something like my example above. "Mods, ooc" or "Too much ooc in main" is not polite.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next