Conquest, a guideline/helping thread for those who need it.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Conquest, a guideline/helping thread for those who need it.

Post by Lux Gracetail on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Penelope Skie wrote:
Lux Gracetail wrote:
I mean, what?  Erm, well, everyone has their Ace types, well, all the good players, meaning that I don't have any.

There we have it, ladies and gentlemen, a failed attempt at modesty. Because we all know Lux will crush us into pieces when we're not looking.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, Normal wins against fighting far more than you'd expect; In fact, for the first few CQs I've observed in my short RPer existence, although longer than yours, Normal has beaten fighting 3/4 of the times. And even then, Poison beats Steel, and Psychic beats Dark.

90% is just a flat-out lie. Make that 'N/A%', because some people just suck, or are just too good for our existence.

Objection!
Poison beating Steel?!  Unthinkable!  I thoroughly object!

All courtroom antics aside, well, that battle just proves the incompetence of the Steel player, not the strength of the type.  I mean, just look at a good Steel player.  Personally, I wouldn't know any other than Xanth.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Lux, if you keep acting like that your going to give yourself an Inferiority Complex, or give us all a complex =P

Would A Bad Steel Player have made a team analysis of your depth and created that document of yours?

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:23 pm

MoniStar wrote:Lux, if you keep acting like that your going to give yourself an Inferiority Complex, or give us all a complex =P

Would A Bad Steel Player have made a team analysis of your depth and created that document of yours?

A complex? What would you get? O.o

And do you mean http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com/t285-cq-rmt-the-forbidden-monosteel#3485 ? Erm, anyone could create that out of boredom, I'm sure! >.<;

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Be sure to check out the new Official CQ Viability Thread, it should help a lot of people quite a bit.

http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com/t284-official-conquest-type-viability-thread

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Galom wrote:Be sure to check out the new Official CQ Viability Thread, it should help a lot of people quite a bit.

http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com/t284-official-conquest-type-viability-thread

I saw it earlier, and I wound contribute... But I'm not the best at this kinda stuff =P
I don't often have many facts to back up what I am saying, and can only speak from very limited personal experience, which isn't very good for a thread like that.

Good thinking anyway Galom~

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:36 pm

Just a note, teams may be weak to types other than their primary types, eg, neutrals, and this may force a bias into your alliances.

For example, my MonoDark team has Yveltal, Honchkrow and Krookodile, making it weak against Ice, at least for that part of the team. This must be taken into account when dealing with alliances.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:57 pm

Lux Gracetail wrote:Just a note, teams may be weak to types other than their primary types, eg, neutrals, and this may force a bias into your alliances.

For example, my MonoDark team has Yveltal, Honchkrow and Krookodile, making it weak against Ice, at least for that part of the team.  This must be taken into account when dealing with alliances.

^ Don't always ally with your type-weakness, or ally with those who can take care of them.
Like Lux said above, my Mono-Dark Type is really weak against Rock, instead of Ice. So it would be best for me to ally with Rock, or even something like Grass. Fighting works too

Oh, and do not go for type-advantages. That does not always guarantee your win, and the whole room will go after you

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:10 am

TheWanderingArtist wrote:
Lux Gracetail wrote:Just a note, teams may be weak to types other than their primary types, eg, neutrals, and this may force a bias into your alliances.

For example, my MonoDark team has Yveltal, Honchkrow and Krookodile, making it weak against Ice, at least for that part of the team.  This must be taken into account when dealing with alliances.

^ Don't always ally with your type-weakness, or ally with those who can take care of them.
Like Lux said above, my Mono-Dark Type is really weak against Rock, instead of Ice. So it would be best for me to ally with Rock, or even something like Grass. Fighting works too

Oh, and do not go for type-advantages. That does not always guarantee your win, and the whole room will go after you

Or you could ally with Steel.

Oh, and type advantage hunting is done by everyone at some point, really. Even I'm guilty of it. That is, on request of my ally, e.g. Dragon requesting Ice's shattering.

One of my favourite things to do is to crush full alliances, alone or with a friend, such as A. For example, as the lorn of the Draconic plate, I crushed an alliance of Water, Fire, and Grass. This is usually done for mystique and intimidation, as well as for fun. One sort of needs to keep the reputation of the Deadly Aristocracy intact. (Deadly Aristocracy, the well known forces of the meta, A, Xanth, Blue. Probably won't find me on that list.). Defeating a full alliance also gives your own alliance 3 kingdoms, ideally, as well as one rush, honestly, knowing that you've just removed one 6th of the types from play.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:57 pm

I note, with concern, the lack of RMT posts, and wonder slightly what is up with that. If people are still willing to have RMTs done, I'm still willing to do them. On a side note, the original thread I had for RMTs seems to have disappeared. If people would still like to have them done, could they repost them?

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:44 am

Ah, you had misunderstood me.

Going for type-advantages to help an ally is understandable, as you are just trying to protect them. But if you just go for a type-advantage CQ 'just 'cause', then that is when I get annoyed. Slightly.
Then again, some teams, such as my a handful of my Mono-Flying teams, have an advantage over types such as Steel (Staraptor, Chatot, M-Charizard, etc).
So it is really on what team you have. I can attempt to conquer Bug with a team with Togekiss, Aerodactyl, and so on. But Scizor and Bullet Punch would annihilate my team. But with that same team, I can conquer a type such as Rock. (Aura Sphere, Earthquake).

Fairy and Water also have a 100% win against me. Those 2 types, I can never conquer. Ooh, next time I am Flying, I will use my anti-Fairy/Water team. >:L

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top