Conquest Battle Crackdown

Go down

Conquest Battle Crackdown

Post by Rico on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:54 pm

RP Staff will now be actively moderating Conquest Battles to ensure they adhere to the same standards as the room. This means ALL ((Out of Character)) must be appropriately marked and should be kept to a minimum. This also means that excessive shit-posting and spam will be treated as if it had happened in the main room.

To put this simply, all conquest battle chat will be treated as if it is happening within the room the conquest is running. So if you spam in a conquest battle, you are likely to be muted in the room.

FURTHER MORE RP Staff are being encouraged to enforce this ruling more strictly for the next month. This may seem harsh, but given this rule has been in place for over a year and battle chats are still awful, I'm sure you will understand.

If you have any questions please ask below. I'll do my best to answer them.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Conquest Battle Crackdown

Post by Quarleen/Aleena on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:24 am

I agree with this. I once saw a really awful user in a battlechat who was just not being nice.
It made me very angry. The guy put up modchat to keep people from telling him to stop spamming while he continued to spam his messages.

I must ask, why is this not applied all the time, but only for a month?
This should be an all-time thing.
Shouldn't all rules always be adhered to and enforced?

Quarleen/Aleena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranda Ixia on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:00 am

Hm, if this is the case for conquest, I suppose it should be so for gve too?
Aranda Ixia
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:00 am

Are the battlers still given the right to put up modchat + in case?
Also are the battlers now supposed to roleplay while battling?
Lastly, hasn't this been a bit in effect already? I mean I myself got warned for shitposting in Conquest Battle Chat a long time ago or was that just based on staff's discretion.

EDIT: I think this rule is a good move, salt itself is being bred in Conquest battle chat with all those who are judgmental to someone's set or choice of pokemon to those who lose their temper and get provoked (typically the players) and to those who just makes it worse by shitposting (bandwagons and friends).

Last edited by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:17 am

Quarleen/Aleena wrote:I agree with this. I once saw a really awful user in a battlechat who was just not being nice.
It made me very angry. The guy put up modchat to keep people from telling him to stop spamming while he continued to spam his messages.

The rp room rules aren't supposed to be very harsh and enforced-exactly why it can't go on for all the time. That said, it becoming stricter would be nice,, but if every single rule was stressed and adhered to very strictly, we wouldn't have half as many users ( and it'd just breed negativity).
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:21 am

Quarleen/Aleena wrote:I agree with this. I once saw a really awful user in a battlechat who was just not being nice.

You misunderstand. This rule will continue to be enforced, but it will not be as harsh in the future. Staff will still be punishing in the main room if things get out of hand after the month is out. For this month we are simply treating it more harshly to hammer the point home, similar to how Amphy had a "Salt and bad attitude will be punished with a ban" in its intro for a long time, or why our roomintro specifically warns people coming from other rooms.

Fervis wrote:Hm, if this is the case for conquest, I suppose it should be so for gve too?
Maybe, but right now it isn't. We'll need to see how things go with conquest and whether it should be extended to other RPs.

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Are the battlers still given the right to put up modchat + in case?
Yes, you can still put up modchat + if that is what you want, but if, for example, you put up modchat +, promoted somebody to roomvoice and that person started to shit-post, they would likely still be punished.
Also are the battlers now supposed to roleplay while battling?
Battlers are not required to roleplay while they are battling. I personally find that very difficult as I like to get my moves done quickly and have to think hard about that sort of thing. This is about minimising shit-posting and encouraging roleplaying. We'd LIKE people to roleplay through their battles (it really can be quite fun if you can do it) and we want to prevent a culture that discourages that.
Lastly, hasn't this been a bit in effect already? I mean I myself got warned for shitposting in Conquest Battle Chat a long time ago or was that just based on staff's discretion.
Rico wrote:This may seem harsh, but given this rule has been in place for over a year and battle chats are still awful, I'm sure you will understand.
So yes, this has always been a rule, but our enforcement of it has been somewhat limited. This is an announcement to the users that we are cracking down on this sort of thing (hence the word 'crackdown' in the title), similar to what we've done with other things in the past.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:43 pm

im glad this is finally being enforced in a harsher way, ive seen 2 many users getting away with stuff in battlechat. i feel like cq is the only battle rp that has this problem so far and at this point i feel like driving the point home by enforcing rules more harshly is really the only thing that can diminish the huge god damn pile of salt concentrated in this rp
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie AKA Spear (Absol) on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 pm

I don't roleplay in Conquest, but I've been in a few battles where the chat has been questionable at best, so I do fully agree with this. Great moves for RP room, especially considering how bad some chats can get.
Cassie AKA Spear (Absol)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Operations! on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:34 pm

I agree! CQ Battles should be moderated the users who shitposted in them made the quality of the battle lower.
Special Operations!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralme(Lycanroc-MN) on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Most people agree with this, and I do as well. Apparently, most of the nuisance comes from the crapposting from other people in these battlechats, so I fully agree on this matter.

Ralme(Lycanroc-MN)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:36 pm

This should be just as harsh always, js.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down