(rmt) AVCFTTUASOBDCAWASMBHPLC!! (Flying lord team)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(rmt) AVCFTTUASOBDCAWASMBHPLC!! (Flying lord team)

Post by Endurr on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 am

the name:
A Very Cool Flying Team That Uses A Sorta Basic Defensive Core With A Special MMence Because Hydro Pump Looks Cool!!

hi, this is a flying team i built a few days ago and it's won me 2-3 cqs already (over the span of 3 days), which is pretty cool. the team utilizes a basic defensive core w/ xatu as hazard "removal" as well as a special megamence that lures in the walls to the monoattacker set (think ttar, heatran, skarm) and bops them with a special move, also clearing the path for dnite to sweep.

yaya heres the mons

zzz (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb  
Ability: Poison Heal  
EVs: 236 HP / 200 Def / 72 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Toxic  
- Protect  

gliscor starts the entire team off and is the beginning of my defensive core. pretty important to my team, it's a status absorber and also sort of a physdef tank. it gets my rocks up and can toxic opponents as well. protect is there to well, be annoying and to recover an extra 12% should i not want to risk taking a attack that i think might kill me. it's also my elec immunity, and spe evs were to creep something but i forgot.

im bad (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Roost  
- Whirlwind  
- Spikes  
- Brave Bird

skarm is pt 2 of my defensive core, and is my main physdef wall. steel/flying is obviously a great typing and it's taking tons of hits very well, yeah everyone knows. rh does chip dmg for almost every physical move, and it's nice to have on something like skarm. whirlwind is there to phaze setup mons i dont want to set up on me, and spikes are there as a continuous form of chip if i want to spam whirlwind or force switches with my defensive pokemon. evs creep other uninvested 70s

HIGHER (Mantine) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Water Absorb  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Haze / Defog
- Scald  
- Toxic  
- Roost  

i'm glad mantine got buffed this gen. it really shines as a great defensive pokemon now, because last gen i would not have thought about it at all. it's my spdef wall, as well as my water immunity (nice for switching into scalds, especially.) haze is there to again, stop pokemon from setting up, and scald is there to be annoying and possibly cripple a physical pokemon. toxic is my alternative status if i really want to wear something down, and roost is obv my recovery.

i suck (Xatu) @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Magic Bounce  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- U-turn  
- Psyshock  
- Air Slash  
- Heat Wave  

i don't have hazard removal, i got xatu. xatu is a cool pokemon to me because of magic bounce, which is a great ability for deterring opponents from setting status/hazards. it's really prediction reliant, but if i get one right and bring xatu in on hazards, i got up rocks/spikes for free and i also got quite a bit of momentum from that. from there, i could uturn into a pokemon that threatens it out or i could hit it with it's respectable spatk with choice specs. psyshock and air slash are stabs, and heat wave is steels coverage.

juice (Dragonite) @ Flyinium Z  
Ability: Multiscale  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Extreme Speed  
- Fly

dragonite is easily my main sweeper. multiscale allows for easy setup provided rocks are not up, and flyinium z gives me a one-time nuke to blow back something that'd normally wall me. fire punch and espeed are my coverage, i guess? i'm debating using eq because mmence already sort of beats skarm and ferro, and eq helps with somethings more. nonetheless, it's very strong and cleans very well lategame.

(couldnt find a usable mmence gif ;___Wink
my name chef (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpA  
Modest Nature  
- Roost  
- Hydro Pump  
- Fire Blast  
- Hyper Voice  

this is what i wanted to build my team around. for a long time, i've always seen that mence had hydro pump at it's arsenal, but i've never found a good reason to use it. until now, though. special megamence is a pretty fun lure to use that'd bait in the checks to a eq-less dnite (ttar, tran, skarm, diancie i guess) and bop them with a special move that deals alot. i have lured like, a heatran and a diancie (diancie dodged 2 hydros in a row tho rip) before, which made it easier for dnite to sweep in the end. intimidate pre-mega is for the useful attack drop, roost gives it longevity which is cool. hydro pump hits ttar, tran, and diancie (and whatever else walls fire/flying/normal like rock types in general.) 252 hp evs are for some bulk, 200 spa evs with modest are the min i need to ko skarm after rocks, and the rest are in physical bulk.

so yeah, this is a pretty fun team i made and i really like it. please rate!!11!111!

importable:
zzz (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb  
Ability: Poison Heal  
EVs: 236 HP / 200 Def / 72 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Earthquake  
- Toxic  
- Protect  

im bad (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe  
Impish Nature  
- Roost  
- Whirlwind  
- Spikes  
- Brave Bird  

HIGHER (Mantine) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Water Absorb  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Defog  
- Scald  
- Toxic  
- Roost  

i suck (Xatu) @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Magic Bounce  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- U-turn  
- Psyshock  
- Air Slash  
- Heat Wave  

juice (Dragonite) @ Flyinium Z  
Ability: Multiscale  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Dance  
- Fire Punch  
- Extreme Speed  
- Fly  

my name chef (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpA  
Modest Nature  
- Roost  
- Hydro Pump  
- Fire Blast  
- Hyper Voice  

Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: (rmt) AVCFTTUASOBDCAWASMBHPLC!! (Flying lord team)

Post by Flare on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:59 am

Love double dragon setup c:
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top