Flying CQ Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flying CQ Guide

Post by SleekzZero on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:37 am

Hi, everyone. Destium/Rhunz here.

I've decided to release a doc guide about the Flying type and its viability in CQ. Feel free to check it out, and give your comments/suggestions.

Please don't hate on whatever I've placed here. It would be better if you were to give constructive criticism.

Click here for the doc. You might need to be logged in to access the doc.

I'd appreciate your feedback. Thank you! ;;

Updates:

• Changed Flying's viability against Rock.

• Changed Flying's viability against Ice.

• Changed Flying's viability against Electric.

• Moved Celesteela's ranking to A - Tier.

• Moved Ho-Oh's ranking to A - Tier.

• Placed matchup numbers in Type Viability for convenience of Lux here.

If ever, more updates are to come. Thank you for those who gave their suggestions. ;;

Last edited by SleekzZero on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Look at updates.)
SleekzZero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flying CQ Guide

Post by Flare on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:58 am

Personally don't think that Shaymin and Lugia should be in those tiers and instead be perhaps a little higher. Shaymin-Sky's ability Serene grace is what makes it strong plus it has the same 4x weakness as Salamence. It also fills the same role as Togekiss but better.

Lugia's bulkiness is alot stronger than some people think. A couple of calm minds further bolster its defenses and multiscale to half the damage at full hp. Aeroblast is also common on a tank lugia due to the  calm mind set up which can result in decent damage.

I honestly believe that you should go into a little more detail in the matchups such as specific pokemon to watch out for and how to avoid losing instead of just: Bulky offensive etc.
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SleekzZero on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Flare wrote:Personally don't think that Shaymin and Lugia should be in those tiers and instead be perhaps a little higher. Shaymin-Sky's ability Serene grace is what makes it strong plus it has the same 4x weakness as Salamence. It also fills the same role as Togekiss but better.

Lugia's bulkiness is alot stronger than some people think. A couple of calm minds further bolster its defenses and multiscale to half the damage at full hp. Aeroblast is also common on a tank lugia due to the  calm mind set up which can result in decent damage.

I honestly believe that you should go into a little more detail in the matchups such as specific pokemon to watch out for and how to avoid losing instead of just: Bulky offensive etc.

Let me explain why I place Lugia in B - Tier.

Ho-Oh generally outclasses Lugia because of a better Sp.Def bulk and great Attack Stats. If you do the calcs, you'll see that Ho-Oh will do more damage on the first few turns compared to Lugia still needing to Calm Mind to deal more damage. Also, keep in mind that Multiscale only works on full health, so if Lugia is down to even 99%, the ability will not activate, which sucks.

Aeroblast sure is strong, but it has a chance of missing. Lugia is generally not used because asides from risking a legend spot, it removes opportunities to use BETTER pokemon, like Megamence, for example and others.

Ho-Oh, with Sacred fire (with a good burn rate chance) and Brave Bird, (probably one of the strongest Flying-Type moves) do better than Lugia's movepool. With its base 154 Sp.Def, it can tank mire damage than Lugia can.

EDIT: Considering endurr's post, we could say Lugia and Ho-Oh have their own pro's and cons. Ho-Oh is more Attack centered, while Lugia is more bulk-centered.

Last edited by SleekzZero on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
SleekzZero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:33 pm

ho-oh and lugia are vastly different, saying ho-oh should be used as a special wall is like saying lugia should be used for it's offensive capabilities.

lugia is more of a defensive threat which attempts to chip at the opponent's while being extremely tough to take down.

ho-oh is a pokemon who's a strong bulky attacker, with amazing moves like sacred fire and brave bird to dent teams.

i'm not saying it should be raised, but both are very different.

edit: sacred fire has the exact same chance to miss as aeroblast, not a good argument.
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:44 pm

SleekzZero wrote:
Flare wrote:Personally don't think that Shaymin and Lugia should be in those tiers and instead be perhaps a little higher. Shaymin-Sky's ability Serene grace is what makes it strong plus it has the same 4x weakness as Salamence. It also fills the same role as Togekiss but better.

Ho-Oh generally outclasses Lugia because of a better Sp.Def bulk and great Attack Stats. If you do the calcs, you'll see that Ho-Oh will do more damage on the first few turns compared to Lugia still needing to Calm Mind to deal more damage. Also, keep in mind that Multiscale only works on full health, so if Lugia is down to even 99%, the ability will not activate, which sucks.

Aeroblast sure is strong, but it has a chance of missing. Lugia is generally not used because asides from risking a legend spot, it removes opportunities to use BETTER pokemon, like Megamence, for example and others.

Ho-Oh, with Sacred fire (with a good burn rate chance) and Brave Bird, (probably one of the strongest Flying-Type moves) do better than Lugia's movepool. With its base 154 Sp.Def, it can tank mire damage than Lugia can.

And shaymin?
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PotatoBlaster on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Flare wrote:
SleekzZero wrote:

And shaymin?

Skymin might outclass Togekiss, but the thing is, the opportunity cost of running Skymin over Togekiss is too high when you consider giving up a mon like MegaMence. Skymin isn't bad, but imho running it over other legend/megas generally weakens your team.
PotatoBlaster

View user profile http://...

Back to top Go down

Post by SleekzZero on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:34 am

PotatoBlaster wrote:Skymin might outclass Togekiss, but the thing is, the opportunity cost of running Skymin over Togekiss is too high when you consider giving up a mon like MegaMence. Skymin isn't bad, but imho running it over other legend/megas generally weakens your team.

Yes, generally this is why.
SleekzZero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:38 pm

bump

ho-oh - probably move down
celesteela - definitely move down, why keep this in a tier when you can just use skarm and not waste a slot lol
lugia - same tier as ho-oh, so either up or down.
remove mence from s-rank, keep megamence there. it implies mence is just as good. xatu up to c rank, lol. why have moltres there if you aren't going to include a niche hazard bouncer that's pretty cool.

ps ho-oh has few good matchups so i recommend down this gen.

30-70 is too exaggerated for flying v dark if the only bad thing is ttar, lol. no recovery and chipped and walled by skarm and mantine both, or just skarm sometimes.

mandibuzz is not a good choice for beating ghost
40-60 for ice is okay, i guess.
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top