[CQ RMT] Ferrous - Steel Knight Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[CQ RMT] Ferrous - Steel Knight Team

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Hey guys, I'm back into making RMTs again and this has been the most proper team I've made for now and I'd really like some constructive criticism since I'm not much of a battler, specifically not a Steel-type user.

Bullet Train Punch (Scizor) @ Scizorite  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Bullet Punch  
- Roost  
- U-turn
The best mega for a Steel Knight, packing punches like a bullet train Mega Scizor really raises up a lot of the overall offense of the team. Bulky Scizor allows it to set up SD easier so he can annihilate unprepared teams, even though lacking coverage, the priority power he offers is undeniable. It may seem weird not to have any Attack EVs on Mega Scizor, but already has 150 base attack, SD and Technician Boosted Bullet Punch to compensate, his SpD EVs allow him to tank a [HP Fire] from Magnet Pull Magnezone and U-turn away. Of course Roost is self explanatory since recovery is important when setting up SD.

Caw (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Roost  
- Defog  
- Whirlwind  
- Brave Bird  
Classic Wall, the finest of their kind. Skarmory is something that shouldn't be missing in a Steel Knight's Team as it offers defensive power, defogging and phazing together with Ferrothon, they bring the hurt to those who will touch the team, losing Skarmory early in the game is very punishable and something you musn't do. Skarmory is also irreplaceable since it offers immunity to Ground-type attacks, something this team fears very much and has sturdy to whirlwind out threats like Volcarona that can set up a Quiver Dance. Running Brave Bird is a good measure for Hydreigon or some other sweeper of sort, once ready to fall Skarmory can Brave Bird to bring down its HP to less that 50% then let Mega-Scizor or Bisharp to priority kill it.

Caw #2 (Empoleon) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Torrent  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Ice Beam  
- Scald
- Grass Knot  
- Flash Cannon  
At first I really ran empoleon as specially defensive with a shuca berry, but I really lacked Special Attackers and even when he could tank a hit from Hydreigon or Garchomp he'd still be useless since he couldn't possibly hit them. With a few testing and suggestions I changed his set into Life Orb Special Attacker, he now offers coverage against many possible threats and his natural tanky stats makes his a good switch in against incoming flamethrowers. I didn't have Hydro Pump over Scald because I didn't generally prefer relying on something with 80 accuracy. Ice beam and Grass Knot really work as good countermeasures to Grass-types and Gastrodon/Seismitoad.

Rotom-Dex sux (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Flash Cannon  
- Volt Switch  
- Thunderbolt  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
Together with Empoleon who hits slower targets, Magnezone hits those who are faster than empoleon like Garchomp and OHKO them with a HP Ice. As the main scarf user I don't actually reserve Magnezone for last since most already expect scarf magnezone and volt switching out even against neutral targets. Mega Scizor and Magnezone build the momentum for the team, but usually Magnezone would have to go first since Mega Scizor is too slow. Magnezone also has sturdy which is helpful in many situations since running scarf doesn't allow him to pack more punch that he'd usually do when running specs.

Lucario Ripoff (Bisharp) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Defiant  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Knock Off  
- Low Kick  
- Iron Head  
- Sucker Punch  
Common Bisharp, even though I didn't run spikes on skarmory many still run defog or intimidate which just makes bisharp a potential cleaner. With access to Low Kick and Knock Off, he is an answer to Specially Defensive Ferrothorn while his Sucker Punch puts an end into many sweepers. I'm running Life Orb for the reason that many would fear defogging and would leave bisharp to be not so strong, but Life Orb helps him compensate if not fully a little bit at the very least. I also didn't run SD on it because it'd have a hard time trying to set up with his non-existent bulk.

Not a Rose (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Leech Seed  
- Gyro Ball  
- Protect  
- Stealth Rock  
A very strong wall, with ground-type attacks being neutral to him Ferrothorn was a very good option for the team. Running Full Special Defensive allows ferrothorn to stall out non-specs magnet pull Magnezone and of course with Skarmory on defog, it's automatic that Ferrothorn would have to run Stealth Rock. The power of Leftovers + Leech Seed + Protect works wonders, other than it stalls out the opponents, Protect offers scouting against Scarfed Pokmon and Leech Seed offers healing to those who insist on staying in even with Leech Seed on them. Gyro Ball also hits hard when people switch in their hydreigon for the kill, though not running thunder wave makes it difficult to fight fast targets or at least control their speed but having Scarf Magnezone and Bisharp & Mega-Scizor is already enough for me.

Possible Threats:
Nidoking - Particularly Life Orb Nidoking would be hard to deal against since he traded his speed for power, most likely you'd have to sac a mon to take it down if you're lucky.
Excadrill - Rush or Scarf, both bring bad news. Sand rush is easier to deal with since you possibly stall out the sandstorm, but Scarf is a problem since he'd be having Mold Breaker for that. Overall, as long as skarm and/or ferro is alive this thing should be manageable.
Volcarona - If this thing comes in with no rocks you'd probably be sacking a mon just to kill it and its over once it gets one quiver dance at least, if not it's easy as Magnezone food.
Kyurem-Black - With Icium Z Kyurem-B making its way in the meta, proper allocation of SpA EVs can OHKO Skarm with ease. Scizor can bring this thing down so be sure to keep it alive.
Azumarill - Normalium Z Azumarill that has Superpower/Knock Off is a huge problem, you'd have to sac a mon or two to weaken it then let Mega Scizor Bullet Punch to finish the job.
Hydreigon - Scarf, Specs, LO, or Dragonium Z, Hydreigon will be bringing the pain. This is guaranteed that you're going to lose mons (note plural) to this nightmare. Predict its switch ins so you can weaken it and let Mega Scizor or Magnezone to finish the job, sounds easy when the game literally relies on that decision.
Seismitoad - It naturally outspeeds empoleon, and if it runs specs you'd die to an Earth Power. Ferrothorn could peel it and stall it out with Leech Seed + Protect then you'd need Bisharp to Sucker Punch it to death. It's in this list since no one can kill this other than Ferro + Bisharp or Empoleon if it doesn't have specs.
Almost any fire mon - Yes, if it outspeeds empoleon you'd have to sac a mon and be sure to land the Stealth Rock. A match up against Fire as a knight is very difficult since you don't have fire immunity (Heatran).
Infernape - Taunting your mons is irritating, being able to kill all your mons is just bad. This is just like hydreigon, but with less heads and more priority. Lead with skarm when this thing is lead, brave bird it and you'll most likely activate its sash then let mega scizor bullet punch it to death. All your mons other than Skarm and Scizor are rendered useless, even Magnezone if he uses SR.

Last edited by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional infro and threats)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top