ERP Punishment Transparency

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: ERP Punishment Transparency

Post by Rico on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am

A second post so people will read it instead of the wall above: Please try to keep the posts to questions. I realise a lot of you think you have the right of it, but I don't want any misinformation spread about this. I'm trying to make this as clear as I can for people, and the best way to do that is give everyone an opportunity to hear their answer right from the source.

I do appreciate what some of you are trying to do, but I'd appreciate it more if you didn't. If you have any questions yourselves please ask, and to anybody looking at this thread and seeing people ask these questions, please don't ridicule them either. This sort of thing is confusing, even to global staff. It's understandable that people want clarity in areas that affect them, or even in areas that affect their friends, or that may just be about their personal beliefs. ERP is not an evil thing, it's just not a PS thing. I don't want people thinking "I can't do this adult thing as an adult with my adult roleplaying partners" because that's not what this is about, it's about encouraging people to take it the fuck away from PS (there's SO MANY websites dedicated to this) and to be safe about it, both for themselves (as minors) and for others (who are minors). So please, no need to call someone stupid, accuse them of harbouring a child sex dungeon or anything like that. Keep it lovely.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 am

If an user got leaked, they should not get banned period. Receving punishment for something out of your controlled is incredibly fucked up, I don't care how "bad" the erp was. Again, they're using OCs, it doesn't even matter. At about age 12/13 you get sex education, so like, while again I don't encourage it, being exposed to that sort of shit isn't a big deal in the slightest. They can do whatever they feel like regardless of age. It's not anyone's business if they're not in PS breaking one of PS' rules, idfc how old they are. It's their problem. Lmao. If someone gets banned because they got leaked, what's gonna be the reasoning? "Oh, I was just doing something that's about as harmful and important as the fact my dog bit me the other day while being under the age of 18"? That's just... it's something else. But whatever, this is obviously 100% great and no problem and stuff. Just continue paying too much attention to shit that doesn't need it coughCQcough and I'll just continue to receive shitloads of dms about yet another pointless move for RP. I hope future users end up enjoying PS more than I did lol. Sorry but can't just not say it. Good luck, I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 am

There's a few aspects to your post again, but since it's a bit shorter I'll break it up in to the points I think you're making.

Firstly: Underage ERP doesn't matter.
Unfortunately this isn't really your decision to make. ERP with minors is something we believe falls under sexual contact with minors, or the sharing of vulgarities with minors. Which one you pick depends on what country you live in, I know my country would almost certainly be particularly strict in this ruling given we give cartoons the same rights as people.
You're going to have to accept that while we can have a different opinion on this, it's not going to change anything. It's not even my decision to make here. If you have a problem with it, your best bet is to call your nearest US congressman. If you're not a US citizen then you might just have to accept it.

Secondly: ERP that happens off-site isn't our business.
This I agree and disagree with, but for this to work you have to first accept that underage ERP isn't just a not okay thing, that it's a bad thing. Once you've accepted that you're now able to look in to why we act in particular ways about it.
Firstly, you are not at risk AT ALL if you are not ERPing with minors, and that you have some form of an age verification process to stop minors from being involved. This is void if a minor accesses your ERP, informs you of their legal status, and is allowed to remain.
If your ERP is missing the age verification, or the age gate, then you are putting yourself at risk. You can say all you want that we are overstepping our bounds by ensuring that younger users are not able to be freely invited to an ERP focused chat, but I'd really rather just play it safe. If this encourages one person to act maturely and appropriately about their shenanigans, then it's done its job.
This was largely a non-answer for you I'm afraid. I think the best, short explanation I can give you is that if we don't take a stance like this, the room stands at risk of being deleted. It is not at risk right now, but it has been in the past and it will be if we let up on certain things that endanger younger users.

Thirdly: We're wasting our time on fixing conquest and erp
This is a very common mistake that users make and I appreciate you bringing this thingg to the forefront so I can actually dismiss it in a convincing flourish: It's not the job of staff to 'fix' RPs. It's the job of the people hosting them. You got a problem with an RP? You find out a fix and host the fuck out of it. If it's a good fix, other people will do it. Conquest is a special case because it is very easy for the balance to get skewed completely by the slightest change, and our experience with the userbase tells us that if we don't explicitly say "You can't do this" they will do it. The other RPs? Go nuts, show us how it could be better. If it becomes super popular played in a way that's different to how the official docs show, we may even change the official docs.
So repeating again: It is not the job of PS Staff to fix an RP.

Giving a sneak-peak to something conquest related: We intend to introduce something soon that should help deal with variant RP quality which will, in turn, open up a lot of opportunities for hosts in other RPs as well.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:58 am

Just posting a general reminder that this thread is primarily for questions about these rules. If you have suggestions for other parts of the site we have a suggestions forum and form, where we also take complaints. Please keep to the topic of the thread, as there are people who are watching hoping someone asks the questions they're thinking.

Arti Edit: This means if you do not have a further question about this topic, please do not post below. If your post does not contain a serious question, it will be deleted. This is not to censor your opinions, but to keep the thread on topic.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LumaSoul on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:23 am

A reminder to keep this thread related to the main topic, being sure to respond with civility. I shouldn't need to delete posts.
LumaSoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracon Pop-tart on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Will the banned users have a chance to appeal?
If so, when would that be?
Dracon Pop-tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:34 pm

As stated earlier in the thread, reform is rarely impossible. As with all bans we are open to appeals after about 3 months, and the success depends on whether we think you'll do the same thing again, and whether we've noticed you attempting to evade it at all. If your first appeal is not successful that does not mean it never will, it simply means we need more time to be sure you will not be a problem again.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2