[ 42 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
4% 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 51

Verified Helpers and Tutors

Post by Rico on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:47 am

We've all been new to RP before and I'm sure everyone can remember how hard it can be to get that little bit of help when you first arrive, or a guiding hand with an RP you have trouble with. With that in mind, the Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room is pushing forward with a new initiative: Verified Helpers and Tutors.

What is a Verified Helper?
A Verified Helper is someone who has a basic understanding of how every RP in the room, except conquest, works. These people should be willing to take any person who is new to the room, or to a particular RP, and show them the ropes. Invite them to play a Murder Mystery with you, show them how to get in to a trainer or just chill out in Freeroam. You don't have to be the best writer to be a helper, all we ask is that you understand how the RP is supposed to go, and that you have a relatively clean track-record. That means no recent mutes, and you're not on probation or no-tolerance.

How do I become a Verified Helper?
To become a Verified Helper you need only ask a member of staff to bring you up for it. We will first have a short discussion in staff to be sure there's nothing that we'd be concerned about. If we don't know you very well, we may quiz you on a couple of RPs to make sure you know what you say you do. All things being equal, you will then be added to the Verified Helper's list.
Why not Conquest?
We've excluded conquest from this as we feel it has too many components to require every helper know the ins and outs of this complicated RP.

What is a Verified Tutor?
A Verified Tutor is a user who is willing to help regular RP users improve themselves within the room. Where a Helper should know a fair bit about all the RPs, a Tutor should know everything about the things they are a tutor for. You don't have to be a tutor to be a helper, nor a helper to be a tutor. Expanding on this, when you request to be a tutor it will be with a specific thing in mind, be it character development, Trainer hosting, Conquest Team-Building or anything else that may spring to mind. We expect you to be especially good at what you're a tutor for, so while the requirements of being a well-behaved user remain, we will also need to see evidence that you're great at what you say you are. Verified Tutors may host a workshop in the main room after a void reset.

How do I become a Verified Tutor?
To become a Verified Tutor you first need to ask a member of staff to bring you up for it. We will then have a short discussion in staff to be sure there's nothing that we'd be concerned about. Where we go from there depends on what you're trying to tutor. If it's something roleplaying related (such as Character Creation and Development) we will ask you for an RP Trial, similar to what we do with Legend Permissions. If it's about hosting, we will ask to see how you host (usually this is as easy as telling us when you last hosted an RP). If it's about battling (Conquest, GvE) then we'll either have another tutor battle you, or we'll ask you to critique a team.
Our end-goal here is to make sure you really know what you're talking about so we know you'll be a positive influence on the users who are after that little bit of help.

Note: We understand that helping and tutoring can both be fairly draining. We don't expect our helpers/tutors to accept literally every person who asks them for help, trust me when I say staff knows what that feels like. Take it easy on yourself and help only where you can. There is nothing stopping you from being both a tutor and a helper, or only one or the other. I also know a lot of people are going to look at all this and go "This is the only way to become voice now". While it's true that doing things like this will make you more visible to us, it is far from the only thing you can do to become voice or staff.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to post below.

For a list of our Helpers and Tutors, please visit this doc. 
(you have to be logged in to see links)
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Verified Helpers and Tutors

Post by Comfeyium Z☆! on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:45 am

I guess I'm the first commenter, heh. Anyway I do like this idea to tell you the truth.
Comfeyium Z☆!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:30 pm

interesting idea, I'll definitely think about becoming a tutor, however I'm just hoping that this system was introduced at the right time since for most people in the room school is just starting so people might be too busy to become a tutor/helper
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:10 pm

I also think this is a pretty good idea! Usually new users get a bit confused and end up not receiving any help if they enter the room right in the middle of an RP, or are just ignored outright. If anything, I'd like to become a helper or tutor myself.

my art blog lmao

Candiies
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfeyium Z☆! on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:28 pm

I honestly want to become a helper as well. As said before, this can help a lot of users who don't know their way around this room, and even -anything- about it.
Comfeyium Z☆!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WantedDark on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Oh I like this idea! I have lots of free time so I'll check it out. Looking forward to the integration
WantedDark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie AKA Spear (Absol) on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Yeah, a lot of people are going back to school, but when I have available free time (Which is more often than I should be) I'm definitely willing to be a helper.
Cassie AKA Spear (Absol)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Operations! on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:58 pm

I like this idea very, very much.
Special Operations!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranda Ixia on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:49 pm

I like this idea really much! When I have more free time after my exams, I am willing to become a helper or tutor.
Aranda Ixia
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteSmasher on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:45 pm

This looks like an awesome idea, I would want to become a helper and help those who just entered the room suddenly as I once did.
I didn't know anything and many people just ignored me at first.I want to fix this and let new people feel important too, now that I can.Only problem I have is that I'm not active on weekdays aka school time, but when I am, I'll help with what I can.
I've been a Student Helper for new peeps in school before, so I think I'm experienced
WhiteSmasher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Just to highlight something a lot of you are saying: If you don't have a lot of time but still want to be a helper or tutor, that's fine. As long as some of the time you're online you're available to help or tutor, feel free to sign up. If you think you'll only be able to help during the holidays that's fine, because chances are that's when you'll be online.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Not bad, although I know a lot of users are going to whine about not being a tutor or helper. Plus, now rpers will see them as infinitely more qualified to help rpers than others. ANYONE can help an rper grow! I see this as more of a title for some people and, I guess, a way for moderators to more easily assign people to aid rpers.

Also a nice way to become less notorious of a user. I'll definitely be trying to apply for a tutor.
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:19 pm

This looks fun, I'd be willing to become a helper!
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaitlyn(Milotic) on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:35 pm

So If I wanna be a verified helper, Do I message some staff member on here or do I message them on Showdown or is either an acceptable method?
I wanna be sure so I don't do it wrong
Kaitlyn(Milotic)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Kilea on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:11 pm

Huh. I really like this, because I've been noticing quite a lot of new roleplayers who could use the help. I'd be glad to be a helper.
Lady Kilea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum