[ 10 ]
21% 21% 
[ 3 ]
7% 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Legendary Blessings - Pre-Release

Post by Rico on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:33 am

This is a really quick post because this is a pretty simple thing, but rather than straight out release it I wanted to see how those who hold legends and those who don't feel about the idea, and whether they have any ideas themselves.

To put it simply, Legendaries are legendary, but their impact on the room is largely limited to what they do while they're online a couple hours every week or two. While this is fine, it does mean that they fall a little short of the 'legendary' position, so with that, I'm going to suggest the idea of Blessings. These will be in one of two tiers.

Tier 1 [Backstory Blessings] - These blessings do not provide anything to anybody that they cannot normally get, but does allow people to use a legendary as a reason for why they are that way. Still following me? An example of a backstory blessing is the main blessings of Mist and Mew. Anybody who wishes, is able to claim one of these two changed them from human, gijinka or pokemon in to any one of the others, with Mist generally doing it to a willing target and Mew doing it to those unwilling.

Tier 2 [Rulebreaker Blessings] - These blessings grant a character the ability to do something, or be something, that the RP room rules specifically say cannot happen. This can include giving a human pokemon abilities without them becoming a gijinka, granting off-type powers to a pokemon, transforming a pokemon in to your primary type, merging two beings in to one (hybrid pokemon or other such things).

The restrictions for this will most likely be as follows:
You must have passed one AFK check before you can create any blessings.
A blessing must be approved by an RO. Please tell us what tier you're aiming for with the blessing, as sometimes a tier 1 may be too powerful, or a tier 2 too weak.
Once you have a Tier 1 blessing approved, it is up to you to decide how it is distributed. You can choose to allow anybody in the room to acquire this blessing without contacting you, or choose to require they RP with you first.
Once you have a Tier 2 blessing approved, any character you don't own that is to acquire a blessing must be approved by a(nother) member of staff first, and the blessing must be recorded in your legendary sheet, as well as on the forums. Additionally, there may be restrictions on how many tier 2 blessings can be given out, or on how many can be received by a single character or user.
As mentioned, you do not need permission to grant your other characters one of your own blessings, but it would be helpful if you listed any tier 2 blessings you give to yourself on your character sheet.

Let me know of any thoughts or issues you may have, I'll try to answer any questions posted below.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legendary Blessings - Pre-Release

Post by LargeJellopy on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am

This post summarizes well my thoughts on legendaries. I always mention that a legend that has influence outside its immediate surroundings feels more legendary than otherwise, so a project like this is a great fit.

I'd have particular use for the Tier 2 blessings with Morozko, my Articuno, as then transformations of Pidgey into Ice/Flying birds would be perfectly justified and further ice-ifications could ensue for great times on the upcoming eternal winter!

I think this addition will be great and look forward to see which effects will legends have upon the room now!

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pacifiedpaints on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:02 pm

So, a way to change up other people's OC's... really does give a reason to apply for a legendary. Do have a few skepticisms, but nothing too clear enough for a question.
Though, really, I've been wondering if you could apply a blessing to one of your own OC's.
pacifiedpaints

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Rico wrote:As mentioned, you do not need permission to grant your other characters one of your own blessings, but it would be helpful if you listed any tier 2 blessings you give to yourself on your character sheet.

That may change before this becomes a policy, but otherwise is as stated in the post.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top