Resignation

Go down

Resignation

Post by Emperor of Birds on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Some of you may not know me, and that's okay. Some of the users from 2014 may remember me as Lynette(Ninetales), while others may remember me as Chihiro's AlterEgo. Maybe a few of you only recognize my current username. But, in the end, this isn't just about memories. It's about making amends.

Back when I joined at March 2014, I was a naive kid. I didn't know much about the world, and I was still being exposed to the depths within it. It's been three years, now, and things have changed. Through Showdown, and many other sites, I've seen every single corner, the ups and downs. Showdown was like my own little teacher, guiding my teenage world. It's told me about friends, and how quickly they can go away if you don't give enough time towards them. It's told me about attention, and how posting a prompt that floods the entire chat doesn't mean people will instantly join your roleplay. It's taught me about drama, and how many arguments, in the end, have little meaning behind them if you look deep down within the cracks.

And, along the way, I've made a lot of mistakes. Many mistakes. I was bitterly cynical towards other users and roleplays, considering Conquest as a waste of time and the only roleplays of value being freeforms. I took pride in shitposting, the exact opposite ideal that a staff member should esteem to. I sat on other tabs while chaos ensued within the room, only checking when the chat would finally flood my highlights. And, finally, I was rarely even around at all to care about the inner workings of the room. Weeks would go by without my influence. I put no input on staff decisions, for my procrastination had made me ignorant to the very room I'm supposed to staff. And I regret it.

Junior year is catching up to me, with honors classes booked on every period. A future college degree in Computer Science awaits me, and with how many essays I have to write, there's little time for me to consider writing another one in hopes of having interaction before an endpoll shuts the roleplay down 15 minutes later. There have also been other roleplay groups that I've been working with, as Pokemon just isn't as interesting as it was when I was younger. I've pushed Showdown to the wayside, and with many of my other Showdown friends either leaving or being removed for one reason or another, there has been little reason for me to stick around.

This isn't the greatest resignation post in the world, but it states the point. I want to say goodbye, and I want to say sorry. There's an obligation that I have failed to meet, and I hope everyone's okay with that. I wish you all the best.

Shoutouts:

Rico and Blue: i'll miss you guys, stay strong
Charingo: you aren't around anymore, but keep making big bucks on dA
Faxx: you're cool too, and i wish i could still contact you
Zester: total bro, stay fresh
Lux: still not sure if you're the real lux lucario
Enchi: you're a meme cat
Potatoblaster: why did it take you so long to get staff
Penelope: sunny nerd
Luma: i'm a better rosa than you, sorry
Crestfall: tough as nails toothpaste
Galom: keep getting all the freeroam babes
Koopa: the only guy that doesn't suck at megaman zero rps
Skitty: the realest bro that has ever lived Cool
Kidincred: you're a cool dude, keep up the good work
Darkness (Umbreon): thanks for covering time zones, and containing frost while it lasted
Squib: sorry that I didn't get to talk to you for long! Sad
Everyone else: i probably forgot your old username and you're on a new one, but you're all really cool too. bounce
Emperor of Birds
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resignation

Post by Lizie on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:03 pm

seeya 🅱, u had a long run on here. hope life goes well for ya
Lizie
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Hey man. It sucks that you had to leave. When I first came into the room you were easily my favorite mod. It sucks that you resigned. I hope you're back someday, and good luck with your life.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im an OFFICIAL CHRISTIAN DRIVER
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up with details
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:31 am

ANOTHER STAFF MEMBER GONE FeelsBadMan

Will miss you Sad(
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Makqui~サマ on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:49 am

Dang. Looks like I'll be loosing more friends.
I've seen you ever since I've been on this site, which is more than a year now.
I'll miss you, O Wise Emperor.
Stay fresh,
-Mak
Makqui~サマ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Operations! on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 pm

It's sad to see you go but I understand that eventually it's time for someone to move on into something new in their life. Even if you made mistakes, you were definitely a role model for me way back when in 2014.

Good luck in school and have fun with the future things you're going to do and achieve.

Last edited by Special Operations! on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Special Operations!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LumaSoul on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:47 pm

was chill back in the day, man. have a good time irl.
LumaSoul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13InHeaven on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:32 am

I wiil miss you! I remember me asking approval for my custom back when I was in the room for only a few months.

Nice to have seen you for (maybe) the last time yesterday.

Chill, and good bye.
13InHeaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum