CQ Invitational.

Go down

CQ Invitational.

Post by Flare on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi friends, some of you have been wandering what I've been on about when I say CQ invitational to someone so here I am trying to explain it.

Firstly, CQ invitational is a tournament I am hosting for the CQ players that are better than average to compete to see who is the best.

As the name indicates, this tournament is invite only but if this one goes well then I'm considering doing a bigger tournament with a qualifier if needed.

The rules are here. Let me know what you think.

The tournament will have 16 players in a group stage with 4 people in each group then the top 2 from each group going through into the playoff bracket.

The group stage matches will be BO1, the playoff bracket will be BO3 and the finals and third place matches will be BO5.

The current players invited are:
MawiliteVGC
TheHungryBidoof
Horrific17
Flare (Flareon)
Darth Toran
Khahara
Benjamin Soren
Enchidio
ServicePuppy
Vlazzah
Aurora
TheClawInside
StupidSayWhat
Sabre
Lunar Sun
Punch the SNOZ

No more spots remain and the tournament has started.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me on PS or on the forums.

- Flare.

Edit 1 - KuteKiera has been removed from the tournament and Aurora has been added
Edit 2 - KuteKiera is reinvited into the tournament.
Edit 3 - StupidSayWhat has been invited into the tournament.
Edit 4 - Sabre has been invited into the tournament.
Edit 5 - Kiera drops out of the tournament and is replaced by Punch the SNOZ, Lunar Sun takes the last spot.
Edit 6 - No more spots and tournament starts.

Last edited by Flare on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:55 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Participant changes)
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CQ Invitational.

Post by LufiaGuy2000 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:25 pm

May I ask; what's the point of posting a message about the invitational and making such a big fuss about it if it's going to be invite only and probably not even of interest to anyone outside of the participants? It's only promoting "oh hey we exist but you're not good enough to be in it so too bad" which is not a message that anyone should have to endure nor does anyone want to see.

Not to mention the fact that Conquest as it is is intended to be a Roleplay, not just a Meta. If it were designed to be simply a meta, then we wouldn't have it in the roleplay room in the first place, but that's besides the point.

LufiaGuy2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:11 am

The way conquest has been designed has turned it in to a meta in its own right. It's monotype sure, but it also holds a number of extra rules that put it apart from monotype.

Users are totally free to use the forums as a means to get others interested in things they wish to do, be they RPs or tournaments. I'd appreciate if you PM a member of staff about it first but by and large this is a fine thing to do.

Good luck with your tournament.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Rico wrote:The way conquest has been designed has turned it in to a meta in its own right. It's monotype sure, but it also holds a number of extra rules that put it apart from monotype.

Users are totally free to use the forums as a means to get others interested in things they wish to do, be they RPs or tournaments. I'd appreciate if you PM a member of staff about it first but by and large this is a fine thing to do.

Good luck with your tournament.

Yeah I forgot but hopefully I'll remember next time to let any of you know :p

Also thanks!
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:03 pm

Quick question, do you have to prove your worth solely in conquest? It seems you could just fight monotype with one of the moderators of the tournament to do the same thing. I would love to join in as a Poison rep and I think I'm pretty good at monotype metas.

Poison for life!
OC's:
Kraljica Svinec - Naganadel
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:02 am

Sabre wrote:Quick question, do you have to prove your worth solely in conquest? It seems you could just fight monotype with one of the moderators of the tournament to do the same thing. I would love to join in as a Poison rep and I think I'm pretty good at monotype metas.

Sorry for the late reply! For the invitational after every battle, you are allowed to change teams / types as the tournament is used to see your overall teambuilding and game sense in Conquest. The moderators are not the best at CQ but are skilled enough but I will take this suggestion into consideration, for now you do have to prove your worth solely in conquest but I will look at some players Monotype ladder aswell. Also, expect a PM soon.
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum