Splitting Conquest [UPDATED]

Go down

Splitting Conquest [UPDATED]

Post by Articuno on Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:56 pm

This feature is not live yet.

After a lot of discussion, I've made the rules for Simplified Conquest. You can find the new doc here. 

Changelog:

• Arceus' Crown no longer exists.
  • Vassalization and stealing Pokemon no longer exists.
  • Knights can no longer coup.
  • Allies cannot be changed or dropped unless they leave (go offline for ~8 minutes) within 20 minutes of forming the alliance.
  • Warlords can be killed regardless of whether or not they are in an alliance.
  • Kingdoms cannot be given away (to anyone). If a type is conquered, it stays conquered.
  • Trading no longer exists.

What this means:

• Wanderers can only become knights by challenging a lord (their position in the RP is less impactful).
  • The metagame will be strictly Monotype + Ubers, since you cannot have differently-typed mons on your team by any means.
  • Knights are strictly for protection. 
  • Alliances are basically a pact of nonaggression with no other benefit. 
  • The RP should go quicker because kingdoms cannot be freed. 

Please keep in mind that Simplified Conquest is intended to be a gateway for newer users to get into the RP. This is mainly why coups have been removed. If someone who isn't good at teambuilding has absolutely no chance to learn, the RP isn't very fun for them, is it? 

Simplified Conquest will have a test playthrough in RustyRP starting from 11pm GMT (27th of December). 

Please feel free to tell me your thoughts on the RP itself. I still don't know how the poll will work yet so please don't ask about that.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Splitting Conquest [UPDATED]

Post by Conversationist on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:39 am

Interesting addition. Here are my thoughts about some of the changes that have been made, and what I would expect from Simplified and Regular Conquest normally.

1. I appreciate the fact that knights cannot coup. This gives new Warlords some breathing room - they don't have to worry about the fact that their allies will betray them when it most counts.

2. Personally, in the RPs I have seen, the addition of Arceus' Crown does not actually really increase the number of people who want to be part of something other than an established Type-Kingdom. Removing it will not cause any major disruptions.

3. One thing I would consider is the actual 'killing' of Warlords and knights. Keep in mind, this is meant for new players. To be killed after not really getting a chance to fight seems unfair and takes them out of the game and RP, as 'realistic' as it may be. The major issue of Conquest has been and will always be the fact that people treat it as a Monotype Tourney with a bit of RP sprinkled in as a formality (as opposed to it being an integrated RP/Monotype experience). I suggest that Warlords can deny being killed in this, so that they have a chance to actually participate in other activities as well. (Kind of akin to a safe testing zone, before moving into the technicalities of actual Conquest.)

Just my thoughts. Hopefully this feedback is of help.
Conversationist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ADHD⧓Tux on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:59 am

I like this idea, as it can help ease new members into hosting RPs, since this seems very simplified from the original.
ADHD⧓Tux

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down