Fire Emblem: Fate of Cendria

Go down

Fire Emblem: Fate of Cendria

Post by Mukyuuri on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:55 am

A long time ago, in a faraway land known as Cendria...
Peace filled the lands, and everyone lived in harmony.
Recently, however, there have been rumors about something.
Ill rumors of a rebellion; one that threatens to throw the kingdom into disarray.
Led by none other than the Archmagician; the King's very own right hand man.

Falling into the conflict was a young woman.
Oblvious, and unaware... and yet...
One that would lead and motivate.
Looked after, and hunted.
She will have to adapt and learn, lest the land itself be at peril.

But Mukyuuri, what the hell is this??
Glad you asked. Have you ever heard of Fire Emblem? Basically, it's a turn-based strategy RPG filled with a diverse cast of character. However, the're one catch; if any of your units fall in battle, they're gone forever. This leads to every character feeling unique, and none that feel the same. Everyone is important.

So, since it's a character-based RPG, why not throw in OCs from the RP room to match? Using the magical power of creating something from scratch ROMhacking, one can create an entirely new setting, entirely new characters, levels... all while still using Fire Emblem's base engine.

And that's exactly what I'm doing.

Plot
A lone woman called Synthia finds herself woken up by two intrepid mercenaries called Epoch and Magia. However, it was not in the comfort of her own home; it was out in the open, grassy fields. To make matters worse, it seems that she's lost nearly all of her memories, leaving her defenseless and vulnerable.

And it's this weakness that led Synthia into one danger after another. Left with barely any time to think, let alone any time to recall her past memories, she's forced to fend for herself along with her companions, fighting off a persistent cult that seems hell-bent on taking her. Will she live long enough to find who she once was?

Gameplay

You control an 'army' of your own, moving them around on a grid-based map. Each unit has their own class, personality, name, and even stats, leaving you with a bunch of ways to clear each map. Since the enemies outnumber you by... a lot, you'll have to use your brain to think of a solid strategy.

Be careful, though, since your unit's lives are important. If they die on a map, they're gone for good. No returns, no nothing. That character you've come to know and love is never going to come back. So... try to care for your units a bit better than you would in most other RPGs, alright?

Anyway, onto stuff the ROMhack actually changes. Obviously there are completely new characters and maps, but most importantly, every map has a completely unique gimmick. None of them will play the same; one map you'll be scrambling to escape before the enemies overwhelm you, the next you'll be trying to pick your targets, and not drag innocent civilians into the conflict.

There's also been a lot of balance changes, mostly to make certain classes better. Most of you probably won't know what these mean, but i'll list them anyway for posterity:
- Light magic is now less heavy, making it a more reliable alternative to Anima magic.
- Bows are much stronger. They're still only 2 Range, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better one-shot weapon... though they're heavier to compensate.
- Blade weapons are now much more accurate and have higher durability, making them reliable mainstay weapons for less accurate juggernauts.
- A lot more to come!

Get your OC in!
That being said, with this being a culmination of PSRP's OCs, I'll need your OCs to fill in the characters. I only have a few right now, but yours can be in right now! Simply reply to this topic with the following form:

OC Name: (If your name is more than 10 letters, then include a nickname!)
Appearance: (Reference pictures are welcome!)
Personality: (Expand on this as needed. Just basic personality traits is fine too.)
Class: (A toughie. A full list of classes can be found here: [link!])
General Statline: (Full list of stats and what they do here: [link!].)

Example Application:

OC Name: Magia
Appearance: A purple-haired, dark-skinned mage with a constant smile on her face. Her usual attire is a purple cloak, with a green loose shirt underneath.
Personality: Always cheerful, she has a strong sense of justice, and is more than willing to hep out anyone in need. However, this also means she's too naive, and it clashes with her strong desire to learn arcane magic.
Class: Mage
General Statline: A strong focus on Magic,with good Speed and Resistance. However, her Defense is very lacking, and her HP does not fare much better. The rest of her stats are average.

Screenshots:

Profile picture by http://untoldprotagonist.tumblr.com/, their art is really good go give them a look
Mukyuuri
Mukyuuri
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fire Emblem: Fate of Cendria

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:41 am

OC Name: Alex
Appearance: A biracial 19-year-old man whose horse is an unusually dark shade of green. He usually wears blue or red armour, depending on what colour unit he is, with a yellow collar. His horse wears an army-patterned saddle and leg warmers to keep him camouflaged.
Personality: He is an arrogant man who thinks he can skewer his foes with his Bronze Lance and win battles, which he usually does.
Class: Cavalier
General Statline: A strong focus on Strength and Luck, with good Speed and Resistance. However, his Magic and HP are both very lacking, and his Skill is never a single point above average for his class. This makes for a tanky, but easily wounded unit.
Gym Leader ABCDE
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mukyuuri on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 am

im both glad and sad that not a lot of people fell for this. or, as a philosopher would put a combination of the two: glad

First off, i want you to look at this:

A long time ago, in a faraway land known as Cendria...
Peace filled the lands, and everyone lived in harmony.
Recently, however, there have been rumors about something.
Ill rumors of a rebellion; one that threatens to throw the kingdom into disarray.
Led by none other than the Archmagician; the King's very own right hand man.

Falling into the conflict was a young woman.
Oblvious, and unaware... and yet...
One that would lead and motivate.
Looked after, and hunted.
She will have to adapt and learn, lest the land itself be at peril.

Yeah, happy April Fools.

I could probably just end it there, but I feel bad for stealing a shitton of assets. So you know what, credits:

Lux(Lucario): For lending me the use of his OC, Synthia. ...does that even count as an OC
BoltZekrom: For lending me the use of her OC, Xelan Levion.
Yggalag: For lending me the use of his OC, Livianna.

7743 on FEUniverse: For creating FEBuilder, which I used to compile most of the screenshots.
circleseverywhere: For creating the FE8 Skill System, even if I didn't end up using it.

Every sprite was either spliced together from existing parts (ex. Liviana has a villager's hair, Myrrh's face, and Nino's body), or sprited manually (ex. most of Xelan and Liviana).

Anyway yeah, that's it. bye.

Last edited by Mukyuuri on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong pronoun)

Profile picture by http://untoldprotagonist.tumblr.com/, their art is really good go give them a look
Mukyuuri
Mukyuuri
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zekrom74 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:47 am

no but can I be an animal

zekrom74

View user profile http://ns.sg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gym Leader ABCDE on Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:07 pm

You got me good, Muky.

This Fire Emblem Roleplay may not have been real, but if it were, I sure would have enjoyed it.

GL ABCDE
Gym Leader ABCDE
Gym Leader ABCDE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Have A Choco Bar on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:39 pm

I never check the forums, and I would've fallen for it had I not read the posts below. You should've advertised this somehow in main, it would've been seen by more people that way.
Anyways, this would've been a cool thing to do, and now I know you sprite well. Like Enchi- *shot*

Good luck next year Mukyuuri!
Have A Choco Bar
Have A Choco Bar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down