Room Topics + Links Without Permission

Go down

Room Topics + Links Without Permission

Post by Day of the Dead on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:09 pm

This post was created to give clarity to RP-related links being posted without permission within the Roleplaying main lobby, including artwork of characters, character and roleplay documents; as well as the general topics of the room to give parameters to what should be talked about to prevent the room from losing activity.

Links

I have looked on the forums regarding this and there hasn't been any discussion about this. Before the transition, If I recall correctly, posting RP docs when voting for a new RP/a host were allowed, but only within the poll limit. Character biographies/artwork were able to be attached to posts every once in a while, specifically starters.

Now that this room has become pretty much an OOC room, users should be able to post links relating to the room or otherwise roleplaying in general. This includes artwork of characters, images that could be potentially used to represent the appearance of a character, roleplay documents (whether it be a custom, variant or a plot) and character documents without permission, since they relate to the room and otherwise wouldn't be disruptive. This would give public opportunities for giving criticism and showing off work to other users (or, in the case of pulling an image off of Google, users would be able to get opinions of whether or not the artwork would fit their character or not).

Room Topics, Main Roleplaying Workshops

The Roleplaying room doesn't currently have a set topic, which can be a problem if it isn't structured correctly. If users were able to give light more onto the fact that it's a "roleplaying hub" and prioritizing talking about roleplays, as well as giving feedback on characters and roleplays, there won't be as much shitpost nor toxicity. This definitely is hard to do and enforce, and requires effort and willing staff, but it's a general suggestion and will likely be enforced somewhere down the line. This is paired with posting roleplay-related links without permission so people can easily get feedback on their work.

Another suggestion is holding workshops within Main, similar to the ones that were held in Rusty. This idea is somewhat wonky, since this would take up the OOC room, but perhaps it can be scheduled and users will be alerted beforehand. It's a possibility that they could still be hosted in Rusty, but a bigger audience and a bigger affect would occur if they were held in Main.

I support these statements because I feel as if the new Roleplaying OOC room should be used in similarities to rooms such as Art or Writing, where users can easily get feedback on their works that are related to the room and, perhaps, may strengthen the community as a whole.
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Re: Room Topics + Links Without Permission

Post by Lawful Evil on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Also people aren't heeding the "NO OOC AT ALL IN AMPHY/RUSTY" because no one enforces it, which negates the purpose of main being a place for ooc. its basically just a shitpost channel with no purpose, and there is little constructive discussion going on
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 pm

I've discussed this in the room but I'll post it here as well.
Links
Apart from doc links during rppolls, links are still permission only. This may be relaxed after we've got everything to an acceptable level in all three rooms, but right now we just want to get the rooms going the way we'd like them to go.

Room Topics/Workshops
I don't like set topics. Plain and simple, I just do not like the requirement that people stick to a narrow topic. That's sort of what we were trying to avoid by making an OOC room.

Workshops are permitted within main. Any tutor can request to do a workshop. If it's quiet you'll probably be able to start one right there but otherwise try to give us a day warning so we can potentially set the time aside for you. In the future we intend to have cross-room workshops between us and writing to help with specific parts of creative writing and RP, as well as a scheduled workshop every x days or something.

Edit: In regards to Lawful Evil's post. This is because we haven't finished with the bot coding we need to get done for the rooms to work the way we want them to. I'm not enforcing super strict policies until rppolls are running in Roleplaying instead of Amphy/Rusty, and modchat is automatically set to voice between RPs.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:04 pm

I'd definitely be down with workshops. I also think there should be a head's up for when an RP starts in Amphy/Rusty for main
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum