New CQ rule: Anti-raid.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you think this rule should be included?

23% 23% 
[ 3 ]
62% 62% 
[ 8 ]
15% 15% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 13

New CQ rule: Anti-raid.

Post by Doxsero on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:43 pm

We all know that CQ is an RP oriented more in Pokemon battles than in the same game of scripture. This may be annoying for some people, but at the same time another group thinks that this mechanic is fun when it comes to using it, including myself. However, lately I have been troubled by a series of events which I believe should be solved creating a new rule.

Anti-Raid.

Now, what do I mean with raid? It is basically the action that always the same person (We'll call it "raider") defeats you as a Warlord in all the CQs you're in. This would be confused with Counter-Teaming, but they're not the same since the raider can defeat you even with type disadvantage, using only his/her experience in the Monotype battles to win, while C-Teaming is just changing your team movesets to gain advantage against your opponent.
How is this harmful to the RP? Not only is it incredibly annoying that you're always guaranteed to lose no matter what type you choose, but also it ruins the main CQ experience, which is to feel superior to others by defeating the other Warlords. (From my point of view)
How can this be solved? Being that it is a problem of the main CQ mechanic, it can be somewhat difficult to think in a way that does not affect all the RP. Even so, I propose two solutions for this:

The raider can still attack you, but only after a certain amount of time has passed, such as 1 hour.
If the raider manages to defeat you as Warlord, he/she cannot chase you again until 2 or 3 CQs have passed.

I really hope that the "CQ owners" take this rule idea into account, as I feel it is necessary to avoid similar problems in the future. I would be very grateful that you comment what do you think about this rule or propose new ideas for it, because even the smallest help can change everything for the better.
Doxsero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New CQ rule: Anti-raid.

Post by iama on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:47 pm

If we're going to discuss things; You have to wait 2 or 3 CQs before you can ever attack a person again?
iama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cozy Chiaki on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:49 pm

i like this
Cozy Chiaki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonMinded on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:53 pm

There's only one flaw I see in those rules, and that being this: if it means you can't attack that specific person again until 2-3 CQs later, then that can potentially ruin the RP. Unless you put in a whole new rule allowing "final battles" even if your opponent is a raider, it won't work out so well.

DragonMinded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:55 pm

have final battles be a thing with raiders
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doxsero on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:56 pm

iama wrote:If we're going to discuss things; You have to wait 2 or 3 CQs before you can ever attack a person again?
Look, as mentioned in the original post, it is difficult to think of a solution that does not affect the RP too much. Even so, you can recommend a better idea that mine.
Doxsero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonMinded on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:57 pm

The idea itself is very good. The issue is implementation X~X

DragonMinded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:58 pm

I'd honestly like to see them take this on. Perhaps even extend the grace period if you are RPing to 30m?
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonMinded on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Both of these ideas are marvelous. But with an extended grace period may mean hesitation for endpolls which might annoy endpollers. But screw them XD I think all is nice

DragonMinded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:01 pm

it wouldn't touch endpollers.
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonMinded on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:02 pm

I'd imagine there'd be some bitching if an endpoll happens right as grace ends, but then again grace ending then makes it more exciting and lowers the odds of an endpoll

DragonMinded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:05 pm

IDK. I think there should be more of a push. I might make a forum post sometime later about like "spectators" or something
which is p.m those not involved in battle. ik you can just be a neutral wanderer, but having these roles would be a push for more rping in cq
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doxsero on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:08 pm

I don't think an endpoll after 30 mins would be pretty good, especially considering it can transform CQ in a less-played RP in general.
Doxsero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:10 pm

you can already make one after 30m
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FelipeTheTrainer on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Honestly, while can I understand where you may be coming from, I honestly see this 'rule' as nothing more than a shield for "bad" players to hide behind. Instead of trying to get better to, y'know, try and beat the person who [i]reportedly[i] keeps hunting them down, it just gives them an excuse not to.

And honestly, if you feel as if somebody is actively trying to ruin your CQ experience by going after you from the word 'go', then that's probably something you should take up with the Staff?

FelipeTheTrainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next