Those polls what Rico does in main

Go down

Those polls what Rico does in main Empty Those polls what Rico does in main

Post by Rico on Tue May 01, 2018 2:19 am

Given not everyone is online when a poll I run ends, I'll be using this thread to post the results of any polls we run. I'll also talk briefly about what those results mean. Given I've run a few polls I'm going to do those in the next, more bigger post. These polls will probably keep running until we get the bot updated to handle polls in main for the siderooms.
Rico
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Those polls what Rico does in main Empty Re: Those polls what Rico does in main

Post by Rico on Tue May 01, 2018 2:32 am

Anonymity with endpolls (Runtime: 3 days)
Endpolls should be named by default with the ability to choose to be anonymous - 193
All endpoll requests should be named (how it is now) - 89
All endpoll requests should be anonymous - 85
Total votes - 367
So this poll was to get a general idea of how people feel about anonymity in endpolls with the results being fairly mixed. It's clear people want the ability to be anonymous, but there may be some benefit to changing things further. The issue with anonymity in endpolls is that it's one that shouldn't be an issue. You shouldn't need anonymity because anyone who hates for an endpoll should be reported to a member of staff and muted. Beyond that there's no real reason to request anonymity.
At the same time, there's also no real reason to have the endpolls named. This is mainly helpful to staff so we can keep an eye on people who request endpolls too often, or if they request an endpoll from one staff and, when denied, ask another.

How do you feel we should handle requests for an endpoll? (Runtime: 10 days)
Users should have to provide a valid reason (Strict. Endpolls would be harder to get) - 277
Users should have to provide a reason that isn't "I feel like it" "I'm salty" or similar (how it is now) - 344
Users should not have to provide a reason if the last endpoll was more than an hour ago - 139
Users should not have to provide a reason for an endpoll at all. - 181
Total votes - 941

This was a touch surprising. The majority feel that endpolls should be as they are now or harder to request. This is interesting as endpolls are not currently being requested all that much, but there seems to be the feeling that they're still too easy to get.
The issue this is primarily looking at is how difficult should it be for a user to request a change in RP. Should it be easy, hard, as it is now. A lot of people don't want to request endpolls at all, should we try and address those people and make it easier for them (see anonymity above).

These two polls don't really say a whole lot on their own that matters, although they may say something depending on how the current poll runs. Based on its current votes, it may be an idea to trial a different endpoll system, something like:
If the last endpoll is <1 hour, then it requires a good reason. If it's >1 hour, no reason is required and those endpolls are anonymous (with staff keeping note of who is requesting endpolls and when so we can deal with any abuse).

That is one option, another would be to just keep with the status quo. I do see a problem with endpolls as they are now, but it's not a big problem and can probably be ignored if there's any particular feeling from the userbase in any particular direction.
Rico
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down