The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The end of Pokemon Showdown Roleplaying Room

Post by Vlazzah on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:04 am

Before the room goes boom I want to give shoutouts to the following people in no particular order for making my time on PSRP worthwhile since day 1 with all the memes & talk:

-Hydre(Hydreigon)
-Endurr
-18th
-Penelope Skie
-Lekanne
-Illario
-Cruella of De Vil
-Lawful Evil
-Mightyena Boy
-Bantam
-Kujoo
-Presents
-Crestfall
-Neb
-Rosabel
-Lizie
-A ton of old staff cause my memory is garbage
-Probably more people

Y'all keep doing you my dudes the time I spent on this room was great.

Last edited by Vlazzah on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Even though new i am sad

Post by Lucariofighter on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:08 am

I joined june 1 but i like this chat room you see roleplay is my life (i have drama classes) my creativity goes through the roof with backstories etc so this being gone is more sad than losing a friend or being heartbroken i litteraly do assignments then strait to roleplay and some ubers but life is not fair and we need to accept it but goodbye rp

Lucariofighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conversationist on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:12 am

CoG here. I suppose I should put in a few words here, you know? I've already said most of what I had to in PS itself, but I think many of my thoughts bear repeating for the sake of posterity; it helps to have a more permanent record. I won't be too long and rambly however - everyone has already hit on the key notes. Well, as for me, personally ...

I'm honestly very thankful for the 2 years I've spent in this room. I'm not a classical 'OG' (if I'm using that right) like many users in this thread, perhaps, but I still value the RP Room a lot, more than I initially expected as someone entering the room from lobby wondering 'what the heck is even up with this dumb place called Roleplaying'. After I realized it was all just writing, I decided to give it a shot and loved it. Unlike standard personal writing, this is the establishment of live dialogue, of dealing with interaction. And I always cherished the good interactions, as a chance for self-improvement, learning from others and the like. Hell, it's because of writing and making docs that I got to use Lucid the Victini eons ago, and become a voice (both very memorable moments in my 'RP Career', so to speak).

This lets me transition seamlessly into my second point, and perhaps the more important one - the RP Room wasn't just about writing for me. If it were, then I'd have lost interest in it after a while. What kept me going was the cool community that backed it up. Sure, there's shitpost, there's always that one person, but that's just the fact of all online forums. And RP especially to me stands out as a place where the community is firm as a result of the cultivated attitude in interacting with people, a certain sense of acceptance and such. It's honestly very heartwarming to see, and being a voice lets me interact with people not just as friends, but hopefully to help in some sense or fashion, be it with regards to room directions or doc advice. And honestly, nothing gets me more pumped than reading other people's docs, and talking about writing critique - it's very engaging and stimulating to have constructive dialogue once in a while, you know? I enjoy and love helping others, and I hope I was able to be a positive presence (to some degree, anyways ...) in the time that I was present as voice.

But then this neglects the third and definitely the most important aspect, which is with regards to actual friendships, which I've had the pleasure of making over these years. Without the RP Room connecting us, letting us share some sort of common interest, it is very unlikely we would have met otherwise, and so I'm thankful for all the peeps I've had the pleasure of talking to and opening up to in the course of my time on RP. I hopefully have your Discord IDs - if not, here is mine (Castle of Gears#3710). Please feel free to keep in touch, if anything talking is like the one thing I love doing lmao

I like how I said that this wouldn't be long and rambly and I ended up writing as much as I did anyways. I'll never understand brevity. In any case, cheers to the RP Room and for all it's done for me and all of us. May it be cherished always as a formative presence in our memories, and wish all of you the best of luck in any future !dt endeavor you partake in.
Conversationist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:26 am

shoutouts to the gang, you know who u are
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phœnix Wright on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:38 am

Sad to see it finally go. Kudos to everyone who lasted this long--- hopefully nobody's connections are severed.

An appreciation post likely wouldn't encompass anyone still here to see it, so let's leave it at that.
Phœnix Wright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

seeya.

Post by the writing squib on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:44 am

Honestly, I believed this would happen sooner or later. It had to; people were leaving, the room's been left in shambles multiple times, etc.

But damn, staring over the cauldron now makes it feel like a prank, not gonna lie. This is surreal. I feel bad, honestly, that I haven't been here to help.

I do have to say, this room and community honestly carried the torch for me out of years of anxiety and depression. I'm thankful for that. I suppose that as a final goodbye, it's only appropriate to say this:

It was great, my dudes. It was a pleasure to be here through the good and bad, turmoil and tranquility and times of hardship. It's been an amazing time, but unfortunately we'll never see what really could have been. Anywho,

It's been a pleasure. See you all in hell.

Or the discord. Whichever comes first.
the writing squib

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 am

Good night, sweet prince. Here's to all the old days.
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wow

Post by Kazz on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:34 am

i’m not gonna miss any of you
Kazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:35 am

thanks
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

So I guess... this is the end of the line huh?

Post by supersonicelsword on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:36 am

Hi guys. You might be wondering just who the heck this is. You probably know me better as Zack S Charizard. You know the guy that usually just shows up whenever the hell he wants. Now I mean, Imma try to keep this as short as I can but no promises so bear with me.

I remember the first time I started rping here... it didn't go over very well heheh. I remember getting warned because at first I didn't understand it fully. But as I kept watching others, I began understanding it more and I finally got around to making an alternate account (The one you know now as Zack S Charizard). It had parenthesis around S. Charizard at the time, but that's not really important. Anyway, just wanted thank you all for being so much fun to hang around. I had lots of fun trying out the many rps with you all, and furthermore making so many good friends along the way. As I continued to adapt and learn about roleplaying, I had really started to have lots of fun with something I had never really thought to be all that popular.

However, since then I really got to make a lot of friends on there on many of the different rps such as the Apostles from The Battle Linx 3.0 (Not that I want to call out anybody, but this guy is truly something). And even though I bet most of the people there don't have any or many memories of my being there. I remember those days like it was yesterday. The Apostles was one of the biggest steps for me as an roleplayer when it comes to character development and making correct and difficult decisions. I had to admit that one always had me on the edge of my seat and I was ready to play it some more. However, this place has always been a huge stress reliever for me. Helping me not worry about many real life problems nearly as much as I usually would. It would always help me with clearing my head from the worries of it all, and it helped me come to thinking about how to deal with those problems in a calm manner. So I just gotta say thank you so much to the many people who helped me get this far even if they never realized how much they were helping. So I guess this is where I close it off then huh? I have a deviant art account under the same name as the forumotion account, none of the art there is incredible (far from it as a matter of fact), but I am trying as hard as I can to get better and I am getting better (at least I think so). So I guess putting all that aside if you want to stay in touch on discord then just add Akito#2294 to your friend list.
Furthermore, I am proud to announce that linx has made an rping server on discord. The place is a little inactive rn, but if you contact me or linx on discord we can send you the invite to the room. So this is more so if you're interested, cause we have a lot to offer. Plus getting the place up and at 'em is one of our main priorities, so every helping hand counts.

Furthermore, good friends that may or may not remember from the roleplaying in the past or the right here and now:
A Passive Seer
Aker-Sama
Khahara
Rock n' Arrow
Firefox (Flareon)
Icyfirelightning
Battle Linx 3.0
TheEclipseKing
PixelKirby
IronicOmens
Pacifiedpaints
Sakano Silvally
Leash (Mightyena)
Gardy (Gardevoir)
Icarusisbestgirl
Wriggurun
And probably many more that aren't coming to mind at the current moment, but once again I thank you all for all the fun times we shared. Even if you don't recall them, I still do.

So I guess unless I post again, this is Zack S Charizard signing out. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by supersonicelsword on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

supersonicelsword

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KuteKiera on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:00 am

Should i be sad because of all the memories? or should i be happy because the place that blacklisted me is crashing and burning
honestly i'm eh about this
Sorry for the people who are gonna lose a community they enjoy but
i'm just gonna sit here and watch the fireworks
KuteKiera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KuteKiera on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:04 am

Oh yea also vlazzah, boi leaving me out? finna have to ban you from my minecraft server
KuteKiera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocket Admin Lens on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:20 am

While this was bound to happen eventually, I feel it wouldn't be right for me to not say anything. This room's allowed me to make friends and memories both good and bad. It is here I could have my stories which developed the more I was able to write them, and it is here where I got the inspiration to properly write a story.

My first roleplay made here would have to be a Team Rocket based Murder Mystery and my thematic for the evil teams and influence from Conquest inspired me to create Grunt Lyfe and also the complete memefest and shitpost central that is Still Need Heroes. (Still have logs on all the stupid ideas people PM me by the way). It let me create universes for the stories, such as Farahymn and its high fantasy setting, The modern setting of Still Need Heroes, Grunt Lyfe and its constantly warring criminal organizations locked in eternal combat due to Arceus being caught by one gang and the world getting reset over and over again, Karadon and its high fantasy with a Pokemon Twist, and I'm probably the only one who remembers this but the Zombie Apocalypse Survival roleplay that had a magical twist.

I remember the outrage certain people had when I made my own. I remember being a little bit proud of that.

I remember being approached to make Grunt Lyfe official. I remember turning it down.

I remember shutting it down too.

I don't often remember a lot of things, but the room has left its impression on me and has allowed me to express creatively in ways which I could have never done with just my IRL friend circle. So, for this room I'd like to say, "Thank you."

Until we meet again.
Lens#0792
#GruntLyfeNeverComingBack
Rocket Admin Lens
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dovaco212 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:50 pm

*sigh* Guess this the end of the road huh? Well, its been a good run. When I joined September of 2015, I was going through a rough patch, and this room helped me more than it harmed me (Looking at you Locanomi. We still need to finish our never ending arguments). When I first joined, I was a complete noob, making extremely godmoddy one liners. I've since evolved to 5 para godmoddy attacks.
I will remember my friends that helped me out quite a lot here. Not gonna list them due to them probably responding to say we're not friends, but you know who we are. Gonna name my 6 favorites though. We got Battle Linx 3.0, Marowak Market, LufiaGuy2000 (I literally spilled my entire life problems over him, bawling like crazy), EnchiDIO, Lykenthro, and Jean Sang (We're just complete assholes to each other).
I've made complete shifts over my lifespan for the RP Room, to being a person who only voted for Freeroam to someone who had developed my talents and spreading my reach out. I've made at least 8 docs and helped out in countless others.
Well, Goodbye RP Rooms. You've had a good life, and may you rest in pepperonis.

Dovaco212

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:54 pm

ok (Fucking five years)
Flare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content