The BIG Q&A Thread!

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: The BIG Q&A Thread!

Post by MoniStar on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:59 pm

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:If I get Francuim, can I drop it in the oceans?
Only if you record it and let us watch the footage

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Hope on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Faxxifer wrote:
question for ppl: how did you first come across PS

I first came across the site after learning about smogon. From there it was only a quick hop to get on the addiction train.

Question for everyone: How did you first learn/get involved with the RP room and what was it like for you?
Former Hope
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope Skie on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Former Hope wrote:Question for everyone: How did you first learn/get involved with the RP room and what was it like for you?

Well, I fell in love with chat-based RPs from my original RP MMO, a once-popular PMD MMO named Pokemon Universe(Which I still check on sometimes. Most of my RP friends left there, though; It was fun while it lasted). Anyway, I was known back then as a pretty popular Roleplayer even then, going by the name of Remestar. But, as I said before, the RPs died and the RPers, in turn, left. So, I resorted to Pokemon Battling on Pokemon Showdown. After a few months, I realized that chat rooms existed. The Roleplaying Room being one of the first ones.

So, I went to see.

And I don't regret a thing. :>
Penelope Skie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f(x) on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:46 pm

at first when I came on PS, i thought nothing of the roleplay room and hung out in the tournaments room for about 2 months. it wasn't until my curiously got the best of me so I checked out the RP room. at first I was confused as hell thinking "wtf is this" so I left but found myself coming back under the name Vixen (Honchkrow) and then to Emma (Ninetales) I guess I just stuck with the room (and kept climbing that auth ladder yo) and now here I am holla
f(x)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Former Hope wrote:

Question for everyone: How did you first learn/get involved with the RP room and what was it like for you?

I had previous experience with roleplaying before, so after I noticed that there were actually different rooms, I was ecstatic to find a Roleplaying one. I already knew about OOC and how to write, but the thing that confused me the most at first was the commands. Luckily, the people in the room were willing to help me out, but I still remember myself asking, "How do you do the thing with the colored dot?"

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:36 pm

I learned Haunter had made it before I could, but I didn't really have the time to get involved back then. I decided I'd let the folks who had been made room owners then to guide the room in the direction they wanted.

I had some time appear out of nowhere about a year back now, and I knew the RP room had been having a few undisclosed issues, particularly with regards to a few globals. I decided it was high time I got involved.

When was the first time you ever roleplayed and do you remember what it was like? I know for a lot of you this will probably be in the RP room.

For me, I first actively roleplayed back in 2006 on a Neverwinter Nights server called StormNexus. That server was designed to give conflict to roleplay, with a number of distinct factions people could join or, if they had the strength, attack. I played on that server for some 5 years, mostly playing as one of the "good" guys, fighting for the freedom of all the people's of mellus. I say "good" because I once ordered the slaughter of a town in retribution for the death of one of my villagers.
I also had a character with the people who were undeniably evil. I mean her race needed to eat human flesh to survive, but that's another story.

When I say "Actively roleplayed" I mean I went looking for it and knew what I was doing. I had roleplayed before, mainly when I had a short stint playing Runescape, but that was the first time I had really understood what was going on.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:49 pm

The first time I roleplayed was when I still went on Neopets at like, 12 years old. I went to their RP forums and mainly did Gifted and Warrior Cats RPs, though I'd also occasionally join in on Pokemon ones. I don't quite remember when or why I actually started RPing, other than the fact that I've always had a knack for creative writing and I enjoy it greatly. 

At one point, I attempted to join a forum-based RP site called Heroes vs Villains, but that didn't work out for me at all. Eventually, I grew up and quit Neopets, and for a while, didn't have anywhere to go to RP. A friend then introduced me to PS, and about six-seven months after I registered Blue Kitteh, I found the RP room.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Former Hope wrote:Question for everyone: How did you first learn/get involved with the RP room and what was it like for you?
I only got PS for the odd battle with my RPing buddy, who I met an another MMO (And even then I was barely on it), one day I decided "Ya know what, I'll have a look at all these chatrooms on the right here", and I stumbled across the RP room. I had only ever done One on One RP's with my friend, so I was curious to see what RP's with more then 2 people were like. When I first joined, I think it was in the Final Moments of a CQ and I had no idea what was going on, people we're talking in brackets, there was bold font everywhere, links to battles, etc.
How was it? Well.. It was a struggle at first, being new, anybody with what seems like a Authoritative or ranked power (Basically, voices and above), I was too afraid to ask how to properly do everything, as I felt like I'd just be wasting their very important time (To be honest, that hasn't entirely left ^^''..). So after a week or so, I slowly began to teach myself how things worked by watching the room, what OOC is, How the RP's worked, the RPBot's commands etc. I had my first real RP as a Cottonee without any name, in a FR; No one would RP with me, so I just RPed on my own for a good week or two, taking care of a little sapling, and the little Cottonee's struggles at it. It wasn't until Vinny (Who was a voice at the time) said he like my Cottonee, that anybody had talked to me, without either being in response to something I did wrong, or to correct me, and the rest is history I guess~

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chihiro's AlterEgo on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:51 pm

years ago i went on roblox and did shitty roleplays on the forums and roleplayed at some Warrior Cats roleplaying game. around this time smogon was still on pokemon online so i used to hover there and do really really horrible battling. eventually i figured out that they moved to pokemon showdown and went there, though i was really bad and eventually left. one day i went back again and tried learning to little cup. i wasn't that good at that, either, but there was a voice in there (Cheek Pouch) that was mod in roleplaying during that time. because i wanted to do more shitty rps, i entered the rp room. there was a pmd rp going on, and i thought it was cool. i joined a mm rp later sometime. the rest is history.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Growlly on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:32 am

Curricull wrote:Question for Regulars:

Favorite Mod,Driver,Voice,Or RO?
late, but Defiantly BK. She doesn't even know who I am, but I love the Ban Whip XD
Growlly

View user profile http://www.Idonthavealife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Just imagine if that was people's response to you just joining a room.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope Skie on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Question: Does Jasmine's 'Still Watching' Status creep anyone else?

Uh, I mean.

Question for all: Favorite RP to Host/RP in?

(I totally didn't add 'Host' just because I host more than I RP.)

(Yep, going with that.)

penelope skie | elise reinharte | shitty mod person | art credits to me lol
Penelope Skie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top