Signatures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Signatures

Post by Rico on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:06 am

Please note that usage of flash files or youtube links in your signature is strictly forbidden. These take up a lot of space, are exceedingly obnoxious and, in the case of flash files, can cause some serious problems for people with slow internet connections or limited download caps.

Similarly try to keep your gifs sensible and any images you intend to use within reasonable dimensions.

Last edited by Rico on Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Signatures

Post by Rico on Thu May 21, 2015 6:19 pm

This is a bump and a reminder that I don't want to see rows upon rows of images. If your signature is notably larger than your post, then I'll be editing one or the other to something embarrassing.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Once more I'm bumping this after having to edit out some signatures. Please be considerate and keep your signatures small.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:39 am

Okay apparently people can't work this out. I've now put a hard limit on signatures (and avatars). Signatures over 150 pixels tall will now have scroll bars. So you understand how this looks, this is a 400x150 pixel image:

Most signature banners are 100 pixels, so you can still add a line or two of text above/below your standard banner. We MIGHT increase this limit, I just got tired of editing everybody's signatures.

Avatars were limited normally, but forumotion had a strange exploit that some users were unknowingly taking advantage of. This has now been plugged and all avatars will be at most 150x200. If you've had threatening avatars dropped on you in the past, you can now upload your avatar as you did before, it will automatically resize to an acceptable size.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top