[CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by Lux Gracetail on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:21 pm

bit.ly TheForbiddenMonoSteel

Albeit a now forbidden team, this team is an example of the good old days, where Steel was Gold. . . It is also the one in which I have done the most analysis.

The analysis is simply too extensive for the forums.  It is also incomplete.

_________________
"Ego quaerere veritatem."
I seek the truth.


A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

avatar
Lux Gracetail
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by MoniStar on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:53 pm

I don't think you'll really need a lot of advice, if there is anyone who I don't think needs advice on their team, it's you as you've probably thought of it thoroughly =P

This is just food for thought, but have you ever considered running a Special attacking Aegislash (Before Aegi was moved to the Uber/Mega Slot).

Also, you're well aware (But I have to say these things else The post will just get deleted), a Bulky Metagross is probably a good substitute For Aegi, not as good mind you, but it does have things like a Priority move, decent bulk, and pretty much the same weaknesses as Aegi.

Also, for curiosities sake, have you ever considered making a Variation of this team with Mega-Metagross? I know you lose Heatran, who plays a huge part in your team, but it was just something to think about.

MoniStar
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 523
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by Lux Gracetail on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:13 pm

MoniStar wrote:I don't think you'll really need a lot of advice, if there is anyone who I don't think needs advice on their team, it's you as you've probably thought of it thoroughly =P

This is just food for thought, but have you ever considered running a Special attacking Aegislash (Before Aegi was moved to the Uber/Mega Slot).

Also, you're well aware (But I have to say these things else The post will just get deleted), a Bulky Metagross is probably a good substitute For Aegi, not as good mind you, but it does have things like a Priority move, decent bulk, and pretty much the same weaknesses as Aegi.

Also, for curiosities sake, have you ever considered making a Variation of this team with Mega-Metagross? I know you lose Heatran, who plays a huge part in your team, but it was just something to think about.

Actually, I have considered a Mixed Aegi, but never a Special. . . No boosting move, I guess. I prefer Physical because is makes Aegislash an OPSS, no not OP Shadow Sneak, but Offensive Pivot Setup Sweeper. ;P

Also, that's actually what my modern CQ team is, I use a Bulky Metagross~

Also, my MonoSteel Knight team uses Mega-Metagross.

_________________
"Ego quaerere veritatem."
I seek the truth.


A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

avatar
Lux Gracetail
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by MoniStar on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Ahh Ok, I've never seen you fight with steel since ORAS came out, so I had no idea what you would be using/changed =P

MoniStar
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 523
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by Galom on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:35 am

MoniStar is actually right. I highly, highly recommend you try this Special Aegislash, it's always been my favorite:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

This thing pretty much gives any stall team a hefty "fuck you," is effectively unbothered by Burn, and can still get boosts to sweep thanks to the Weakness Policy. High ladder OU back before it was banned, this was pretty much the standard set, though you sometimes saw Sacred Sword > King's Shield.

Other than that, the teams pretty solid, besides the fact that you're 6-0'd by Sableye-Mega. Tihi. Too bad it's illegal now. But then again, Steel was crazy broken back when Aegislash wasn't banned. Long live Aegi + Tran + Skarm core. ;_;7


_________________
Nothing to see here...
avatar
Galom
Room Owner
Room Owner

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 278
Join date : 2014-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:30 am

The first time I face this team, it was heartbreaking.

I was still maining Bug that time.

There's a little part that I remember,so I'll just show it.

It was about turn 30 something. It was a sure dead Galvan and 40% Heracross, facing off against Skarmory,Heatran and Excadrill. Scarfcross is at +1 and locked into Close Combat. After getting supposively a high roll to finish off Skarmory, So I was thinking :

"I have this won! His Excadrill is not scarfed because it Rapid Spinned! Which idiot would have Rapid Spin on the Scarf set!?'

Apparently those idiots exist. And that is our friend Lux.

To my horror Excadrill flies to my Heracross and Iron Head it.

Note : Iron Head animation looks like flying.

So, after Heracross died, I sent in Galvantula to get punctured by rocks and die, thus ending the match 0-2. A lot of swear words were fired after that. I am pretty sure I can't post any of them here.

Now back to the team, the team's core is pretty solid. Having every inch covered is quite good. I had a hard time dealing with Ferrothorn and Empoleon. I did not expect Ice Beam from Empoleon. And Ferro is a prick to deal with after Volcarona died.

Btw, your Aegislash seemed to have 16 unused EV's for some reason.

Cores, I have never built a solid one. Everytime I make a core it's filled with mons I don't want to use. So I say screw it, i'll slap a few mons here and there.

mfw I saw Ferro with no Gyro. Welp, it worked for you.

XanthopoulusLurks

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:43 am

XanthopoulusLurks wrote:The first time I face this team, it was heartbreaking.

I was still maining Bug that time.

There's a little part that I remember,so I'll just show it.

It was about turn 30 something. It was a sure dead Galvan and 40% Heracross, facing off against Skarmory,Heatran and Excadrill. Scarfcross is at +1 and locked into Close Combat. After getting supposively a high roll to finish off Skarmory, So I was thinking :

"I have this won! His Excadrill is not scarfed because it Rapid Spinned! Which idiot would have Rapid Spin on the Scarf set!?'

Apparently those idiots exist. And that is our friend Lux.

To my horror Excadrill flies to my Heracross and Iron Head it.

Note : Iron Head animation looks like flying.

So, after Heracross died, I sent in Galvantula to get punctured by rocks and die, thus ending the match 0-2. A lot of swear words were fired after that. I am pretty sure I can't post any of them here.

Now back to the team, the team's core is pretty solid. Having every inch covered is quite good. I had a hard time dealing with Ferrothorn and Empoleon. I did not expect Ice Beam from Empoleon. And Ferro is a prick to deal with after Volcarona died.

Btw, your Aegislash seemed to have 16 unused EV's for some reason.

Cores, I have never built a solid one. Everytime I make a core it's filled with mons I don't want to use. So I say screw it, i'll slap a few mons here and there.

mfw I saw Ferro with no Gyro. Welp, it worked for you.

Oh. Erm, do you still have that replay? And yeah, I'm an idiot! ^.^

_________________
"Ego quaerere veritatem."
I seek the truth.


A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

avatar
Lux Gracetail
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by PotatoBlaster on Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:35 am

not forbidden enough need mega mawile imo

jkjk

Anyways, you said " 2 Atk IVs minimise confusion damage while keeping a 70 BP Hidden Power Ice. ", but for one thing, isn't max 60BP? For another, it says 0. (Heatran)

Alexander (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
"Lava Plume's 30% chance burn is a dubious"
>uses Scald

That's all I want to say, and "semi-dedicated to anti-Garchomp Manoeuvring", can't you just switch to Skarmory, then double switch back to Heatran (if Garchomp runs Fire Blast)? (And what's Manoeuvring :/)
avatar
PotatoBlaster
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 36
Join date : 2014-11-28

View user profile http://...

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:53 am

PotatoBlaster wrote:not forbidden enough need mega mawile imo

jkjk

Anyways, you said " 2 Atk IVs minimise confusion damage while keeping a 70 BP Hidden Power Ice. ", but for one thing, isn't max 60BP? For another, it says 0. (Heatran)

Alexander (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
"Lava Plume's 30% chance burn is a dubious"
>uses Scald

That's all I want to say, and "semi-dedicated to anti-Garchomp Manoeuvring", can't you just switch to Skarmory, then double switch back to Heatran (if Garchomp runs Fire Blast)? (And what's Manoeuvring :/)

. . .  Scald is not used for the burn, mainly for the coverage.  And when you want to cripple a Garchomp?  Remember, if your Air Balloon is broken. . .  Well, you know.  Anyway, 2 ATK IVs is for early last gen, I believe.  When Hidden power's base power was calculated off IVs as well.

_________________
"Ego quaerere veritatem."
I seek the truth.


A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

avatar
Lux Gracetail
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by PotatoBlaster on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:59 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:
PotatoBlaster wrote:not forbidden enough need mega mawile imo

jkjk

Anyways, you said " 2 Atk IVs minimise confusion damage while keeping a 70 BP Hidden Power Ice. ", but for one thing, isn't max 60BP? For another, it says 0. (Heatran)

Alexander (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
"Lava Plume's 30% chance burn is a dubious"
>uses Scald

That's all I want to say, and "semi-dedicated to anti-Garchomp Manoeuvring", can't you just switch to Skarmory, then double switch back to Heatran (if Garchomp runs Fire Blast)? (And what's Manoeuvring :/)

. . .  Scald is not used for the burn, mainly for the coverage.  And when you want to cripple a Garchomp?  Remember, if your Air Balloon is broken. . .  Well, you know.  Anyway, 2 ATK IVs is for early last gen, I believe.  When Hidden power's base power was calculated off IVs as well.

Because apparently Scald is definitely used as a Water STAB, not for the burn.

Scald and Lava Plume are used over Surf and Flamethrower for a reason, y'know~
avatar
PotatoBlaster
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 36
Join date : 2014-11-28

View user profile http://...

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:54 pm

PotatoBlaster wrote:
Lux Gracetail wrote:
PotatoBlaster wrote:not forbidden enough need mega mawile imo

jkjk

Anyways, you said " 2 Atk IVs minimise confusion damage while keeping a 70 BP Hidden Power Ice. ", but for one thing, isn't max 60BP? For another, it says 0. (Heatran)

Alexander (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
"Lava Plume's 30% chance burn is a dubious"
>uses Scald

That's all I want to say, and "semi-dedicated to anti-Garchomp Manoeuvring", can't you just switch to Skarmory, then double switch back to Heatran (if Garchomp runs Fire Blast)? (And what's Manoeuvring :/)

. . .  Scald is not used for the burn, mainly for the coverage.  And when you want to cripple a Garchomp?  Remember, if your Air Balloon is broken. . .  Well, you know.  Anyway, 2 ATK IVs is for early last gen, I believe.  When Hidden power's base power was calculated off IVs as well.

Because apparently Scald is definitely used as a Water STAB, not for the burn.

Scald and Lava Plume are used over Surf and Flamethrower for a reason, y'know~

Scald is used for the water STAB and coverage. The Burn is also preferable when using Empoleon because it often can stay in for the burn. Flamethrower is needed on Heatran, because it can't stay in and fish for the burn - it needs all the power it can get. Also because it needs a certain burn against Garchomp.

_________________
"Ego quaerere veritatem."
I seek the truth.


A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

avatar
Lux Gracetail
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 277
Join date : 2014-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Forbidden MonoSteel"

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum