[CQ RMT] "The Sand Jester's Tricks"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[CQ RMT] "The Sand Jester's Tricks"

Post by Zester on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:07 am

"The Sand Jester's Tricks"
Note:This team can also be used a Ground Knight as well.

Meet the pokemon:

"The Heat"
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flash Cannon

The MAIN damage dealer of the team. If it can find a free switch in during a Trick room, best be saying by the pokemon you're using. While the opponent is usually confused on trick rooms and which pokemon to switch in our out with, you freely can bring in Camerupt and begin blasting fire and flames on everything. Keep this thing alive and you'll be set to take at least one hit, and damage on the spot.

"The Sand"
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

The weather giver and physical defense of the team. With tank very strong hits on both ends, and allows the sand to break any annoying Focus sashers, which are very common in Conquest. Take the free chance to get Stealth rocks up when you get the chance, and if you're you can tank, then freely whirlwind to harass your opponent and keep them at bay. Slack off to heal and earthquake for main stab.

"The Support"
Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Gravity/Toxic

This guy is the most important thing on this team. You need to keep it alive, or the whole team will fall apart, lacking very good Recovery is bad enough, but other than that, it does it's job well. Use rapid spin to easily take away any hazards that are harassing your team, and use Ice beam for any Grass threats, as well as a good surprise offensive move. Always remember to pull off a Trick room before getting this guy in or out, because the importance of Trick room is very high on the team. Use Gravity, ESPECIALLY for flying type lords/knights, just so you can land your hard stab attack and simply destroy. Toxic also makes a viable choice if you'd rather poison the tank on their team.

"The Tank"
Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge

As the name states, The tanking point of this guys comes all with it's high defenses and good HP. Assault vest works well as a side item, especially when in the sandstorm, which boost the sp.def of rock pokemon. All and all, Very power side-kick who can come at the right times and destroy things. Keeping Thunder Punch and Mega horn for main coverage, and you'll be set to tank and deal heavy damage on the enemy. Solid Rock also comes to factor here when you need to live more super effective attacks.

"The Buster"
Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Phantom Force
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

This guy will be the one slamming down and dealing annoying and unbeatable damage behind a Trick room. Powerful Dynamic Punch to get the free Confuse, Phantom Force to simply do a lot of damage and bait the next pokemon/move, Earthquake for clear and powerful stab, and Heavy Slam for main overweight damaging power. Fantastic bulk and powerful hitting, what else do you need him to do?

"The Hardbringer"
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Yawn/Toxic

Gastrodon is the main thing that'll make people want to not play against you. With free access to Storm drain to allow you're sp. atk to be boosted every time you catch a saving water move,  you can simply annoy your opponent. Couple that with Yawn to troll your opponent into letting something sleep and or bait the switch-out, and recover to keep gaining health and out play your opponent, you'll always have a trolly time playing with Gastrodon.

That's it, My Trick room Ground Team. I'd be willing to put in your suggestions in see If I could make it better.

Last edited by Zester on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

I'm just some wiz kid
Zester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] "The Sand Jester's Tricks"

Post by bote on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:34 am

Why aren't you running -0 speed ivs and have a trick room team at the same time? Just wondering.
bote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:05 am

My Main concern is keeping Claydol alive.
Yeah you can swap him in when he is safe and such, but still, he isn't exactly the sturdiest pokemon around which could cause lots of issues (I know you don't have any other real options, but I thought it was worth mentioning)

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:33 am

Hey, Zester! I love the idea of a Trick Room Ground team. I've literally never seen a Trick Room Team that isn't Psychic, so it's really refreshing to see this. It also looks pretty effective, and I hope to face it one day. Should be an interesting match. Let me make a few changes to see if I can improve your team.

From what I see, your team is incredibly, incredibly reliant on Trick Room to succeed. This means that if you lose Claydol, you're pretty fucked. I always suggest that people use at least one fast Poke on a Trick Room teams for late game cleaning, since Trick Room sadly is unaffected by Light Clay and only lasts 5 turns, which is pretty disappointingly short. I recommend Choice Scarf Garchomp > Golurk. Garchomp is honestly pretty obligatory on any Ground team, and is just a stronger Poke than Golurk. I understand that Golurk gets synergy with the whole Trick Room theme, but you will want at least one Poke that functions well outside Trick Room.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

I also recommend Toxic > Yawn on Gastrodon. Your whole team is pretty much Mega Slowbro / Slowbro bait, especially once Camerupt dies, and Camerupt is never comfortable staying in on Slowbro, since it probably won't OHKO with HP Grass or Earth Power and will just get smashed with a Scald. Slowbro absolutely hates Toxic, and allows you to stall other things out in many matchups.

Hope it works out for you. Really creative team, I'll try it sometime.

EDIT: Changed Rock Slide to Dragon Claw. Been using it on OU teams a lot, and having Dragon Claw is super nice if you don't want to get locked in.

Last edited by Galom on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sub'd Dragon Claw for Rock Slide)

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zester on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Tour wrote:Why aren't you running -0 speed ivs and have a trick room team at the same time? Just wondering.
Probably because I had forgetten to factor in Ivs when lessening speed. My bad. :T

Galom wrote:
From what I see, your team is incredibly, incredibly reliant on Trick Room to succeed. This means that if you lose Claydol, you're pretty fucked. I always suggest that people use at least one fast Poke on a Trick Room teams for late game cleaning, since Trick Room sadly is unaffected by Light Clay and only lasts 5 turns, which is pretty disappointingly short. I recommend Choice Scarf Garchomp > Golurk. Garchomp is honestly pretty obligatory on any Ground team, and is just a stronger Poke than Golurk. I understand that Golurk gets synergy with the whole Trick Room theme, but you will want at least one Poke that functions well outside Trick Room.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

I also recommend Toxic > Yawn on Gastrodon. Your whole team is pretty much Mega Slowbro / Slowbro bait, especially once Camerupt dies, and Camerupt is never comfortable staying in on Slowbro, since it probably won't OHKO with HP Grass or Earth Power and will just get smashed with a Scald. Slowbro absolutely hates Toxic, and allows you to stall other things out in many matchups.

Hope it works out for you. Really creative team, I'll try it sometime.

I get what you mean, since If Claydol can't live, it doesn't work well. However, I fail to see the reasoning behind some moves in Garchomps arsenal. First off, It looks like this Garchomp is an extremely viable thing, so I understand Earthquake and First blast for common Skarmory/Ferrothorn surprise, but Rock Slide and Outrage? In my own opinions, I perfer Dragon Claw over Outrage just because of the Fairy high-light in most teams, and how it leaves the pokemon so exposed to an attack, and Rock Slide? Other thing to say, I'd enjoy carrying Iron head for sheer power on Fairies, as well as a surprise attack if not seen before hand. but I'll still take into consideration this set, and use it well.

And I'll have to agree with you on Toxic over yawn on Gastrodon, but I'm gonna put it as a seperation for those who wish to consider using it an option. I personally love yawn just to troll and make your opponent play out decisions, but Toxic is also very important for keeping walls at bay while you continue to constantly recover.

Thanks Joe.

I'm just some wiz kid
Zester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Outrage is for sheer power. When RK'ing, you pretty much want to be able to hit as hard as possible to net as many OHKOes as you can. For example, if a Mega Gallade set up an SD against you right as T-Room fell down, you'd be pretty fucked. He'd also not die to Dragon Claw or Earthquake. If he took some damage on hazards on the way in, there might actually be a chance you KO.

It's just for emergency sweepstopping. It's important to have the option to absolutely rock something to prevent it from sweeping your team. If Dragon Claw just fell short of KOing and your team got swept that would suck. Rock Slide is sometimes substituted for Dragon Claw for in case you don't want to be locked in.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wraith on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:28 pm

just a quick thought what about a numel wall i saw it online and with the right IV's and nature it could work maybe?
Wraith

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/roleplaying

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:52 pm

bantam wrote:copy....paste.....time to cq....

Stealing teams is highly frowned upon. I foresaw this occurring and locked up my team doc. e-e

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Lux Gracetail wrote:

Stealing teams is highly frowned upon.  I foresaw this occurring and locked up my team doc.  e-e
Erm, Lux? If you're making an RMT, you're sharing your team. That's the whole point of the system. It's so that others can use it and suggest improvements. Don't post an RMT if you don't intend to let other use it, and don't insult people that do. o.e

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Galom wrote:
Lux Gracetail wrote:

Stealing teams is highly frowned upon.  I foresaw this occurring and locked up my team doc.  e-e
Erm, Lux? If you're making an RMT, you're sharing your team. That's the whole point of the system. It's so that others can use it and suggest improvements. Don't post an RMT if you don't intend to let other use it, and don't insult people that do. o.e

I do, but if you're going to use a team use it well, and at least review it!

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neolis on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:03 am

I suggest Excadrill since it isn't very fast (Perfect for T- Room) and hits like a truck.

Excadrill @ Life Orb /Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def/SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Edit: You could also run Sand Force and then run duel Trick Room and Sand Storm. If you are gonna do this, I suggest changing Hippo's item to Smooth Rock (Or whatever its called).

Last edited by Neolis on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention something)
Neolis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Neolis wrote:I suggest Excadrill since it isn't very fast (Perfect for T- Room) and hits like a truck.

Excadrill @ Life Orb /Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def/SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

*Brave Nature
I would have to thoroughly object, because even with a Speed reducing nature, and Zero Speed IVs, Excadrill still has a "Trick Room un-healthy" Speed stat of 162. Also, why not use Excadriil's speed as your safety net Pokémon. The Pokémon that can pick up the pieces and apply offensive pressure while outside of Trick Rom.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top