[Roleplaying Discussion] How to Make the Most of MM (savour dem magical cookies!)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Roleplaying Discussion] How to Make the Most of MM (savour dem magical cookies!)

Post by Dragonite99 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:59 pm

I've noticed that some people are easily plucked out in MMs than others. Whether typing, personality, too talkative (that's me right there), or death-by-STAB-move suspect, everyone knows the horror and awesomeness that is MM.
Here, you can discuss one of the best RPs: strategies, favourite plots, even funny moments. There are questions: should killers remain close to others, or closed of? Should players always target the most obvious person? Maybe it's better for somethings to come to light, or stay in the dark. It is Murder Mystery after all...

In my personal experience, I've found Dark-, and Ghost-types tend to be targeted for random reasons. I've also found that if I'm too talkative, people would wanna kill me. :/
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Roleplaying Discussion] How to Make the Most of MM (savour dem magical cookies!)

Post by Chihiro's AlterEgo on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:07 pm

don't be the awfully cute person. you will be killed.
don't be the helpful person either, which will also kill you.
edgy pokemon (most dark/ghost types) are targets too, though the people that try way too hard usually aren't killed either.
don't be a moderator. that'll kill you too.
don't be a bad host. i'll kill you myself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Roleplaying Discussion] How to Make the Most of MM (savour dem magical cookies!)

Post by Dragonite99 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:24 pm

that last one scares me O.o

i've learned that particularly gory deaths are usually the cause of the least suspected person
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Penguinari of Sweg on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:17 pm

I've also found:

Don't be a kid. Everyone suspects kids for some reason.
Don't be a jerk. Killers will then kill you just because they want you to shut up.
Don't be an absol. Because...I dunno, everyone suspects all them absols.
The Penguinari of Sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:19 pm

yep, i agree. Absol are always targets Sad
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:35 am

Honestly, I jump to the eevees.
#IKnowYouDoToo
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluegirl687 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:39 am

I'm planning on making an OC which will be a Duskull, but now I'm scared that I would be instantly targeted in a MM, also I can't do RP to save my life.
Bluegirl687

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:15 am

If you RP your Duskull just right, he shouldn't be targeted that often XD
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:15 am

Don't laugh at people's deaths. You'd get chowed down.
Don't break the 4th wall. You'd be an attention seeker.
Don't piss me off. I'd smash you.

Take me for a spin, take it easy, make it redline, make it whine. Make it so we are hitting the high 90's. Make it so we are screaming our lungs out with joy as they get filled with the very smoke from the burning rubber. Do that, and we'll be great friends.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:14 am

Chihiro's AlterEgo wrote:don't be a bad host. i'll kill you myself.

Guess I'll never be a host then... I-I don't want to die!
And yeah. Another tip is to sometimes just be quiet. People just forget about you. But don't be too quiet. People could think you are AFK and such. Another tip for murderers is to uh, know who your fellow killers are. That way, on a poll, you won't "accidentally" kill them. Which brings me to my next point.
If you're a killer, don't just randomly kill people. Choose people who you cannot frame. For example, a Staraptor can learn Twister. I wouldn't kill of that Dragonite, because I can easily frame it. I can, however, kill off that Whimsicott, because none of it's moves can be associated with mine, and it would be impossible to frame.
Another tip for a killer. On a killer poll, watch the results screen without voting. Then, after some period has passed, vote whoever has the most votes. This will guarantee your survival because you won't die (duh), and you kill off another innocent.
How will that guarantee your survival..? Er... eh...

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:12 am

lol XD
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:03 am

Avoid Pokemon with large movepools. Being a Gallade in MM is never a good strat, since Gallade's movepool is stupidly large (literally 3rd largest of all Pokemon, behind only Smeargle and Mew) and therefore has a possible move to explain pretty much every single death.

I also recommend using either really weird moves, or super, super common moves to kill your victims as a killer, unless your host is one of those that literally says the name of the move. Most people won't usually recognize a description like "the victim perished from a horribly strong odor" as Smelling Salts (very rare move), and moves like Pound are so common that pretty much anyone in the game could use it, preventing suspicion on you.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:15 am

One of the many examples of why I don't do MM anymore (I guess this classifies as a story?):

I was a killer, there were two others with me. After 3 killings (Which I discovered were all the same guy, we never got told to PM the host or anything), The killer wound up killing me (Not through Poll, by normal death). Then the host said "PM me to be killer, one had to leave". Upon it ending, it turns out they killed all three killers, none of which were me. Upon asking the host why there are 4 killers, and explaining what happened to me, all I got was insulted in PM's.

So yeah, I get asked why I don't join in MM a fair amount, so I figured I'd leave it here to tell people before I get asked again.

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LinkTheLeafeon on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 am

Never RP in MM as a Gallade, They get killed Off first for Strawpoll
Never be a Fandom, Like a LoZ Group(Once did that, got killed first)
Use strange moves that people wouldn't suspect, like I Dunno be a Dragonite and kill someone with Blizzard
Never be a Normal type, they can learn almost every move

And Chi pls don't kill me
LinkTheLeafeon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Here's a few things I've learned to not do while hosting:

Don't go AFK often or for long periods of time. If you know you're gonna leave soon, don't ask to be on the host poll.

Don't have the setting be overly populated, such as a Five Nights at Freddy's plot. People hate that. Alot. If you make one of these, I'll ask you if I could be Co, then I'll most likely kill you afterwords.

These reasons are most likely why I rarely host anymore, especially the top one. I don't like hosting MMs when there are very few people, so if I would host, I'd do it at about 11-1:00.
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top