[Roleplaying Discussion] How to Make the Most of MM (savour dem magical cookies!)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Roleplaying Discussion] How to Make the Most of MM (savour dem magical cookies!)

Post by bote on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Be a garchomp, kill your first person with EQ. No one ever suspects you, and it worked flawlessly in an MM that blue hosted.
bote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Roleplaying Discussion] How to Make the Most of MM (savour dem magical cookies!)

Post by Curricull on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:47 am

Is Wobbuffet banned in MM?
Curricull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:44 pm

uhm, i think so. i'm not sure
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 pm

Curricull wrote:Is Wobbuffet banned in MM?

No, it is not. Only specific moves, Smeargle, Ditto, and legendaries are banned from Murder Mystery. The moves being: Hidden Power, Toxic.
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:34 am

Ah? I had not known that Toxic was banned. Then again, I do understand why. But not all Pokemon can learn Toxic.

/ds !Toxic, all will show you all Pokemon that cannot learn Toxic.

Oh, so what if all those Pokemon are never seen..?

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shun Kodori on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:41 am

welp... this is a fake out strategy for killers (that means only use once unless you're feeling reckless)
Use a STAB move... everyone is so centered in the idea that using a STAB move is a noob move that they never even consider the option, and will vote on anyone that does not have the type of the move.

Now remember, I cannot guarantee that this strategy will work, even on the first time you use it. (it's just a thought the someone had on an MM that i took part of. decided to share here)
Shun Kodori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:06 am

I think Ghost and Dark types are targeted first since they have small movepool compared to other pokes making it harder for the killers to put the blame on them

I noticed the ff:
-People that are like scared of the killers and tries to find a friend in MM are mostly killers
-Killers probably would blend in the crowd but there are a few flaws on their act, like they just react after one does
-Not all obnoxious natured people are killers

Tips:
-if killer: use moves that dont exactly fit your char. ex: Espeon using headbutt/double edge
-if killer: try to blend in crowd and initiate reactions, make your reactions a bit cliche(sry i cant add apotrophe on the e)
-if killer: dont be silent, its too shady that you get strawpolled to death
-if killer: use a very different poke and do everything said above
-if inno: try to limit yourself so the killers preserve you, when advantage comes there is when you attack and accuse one, this plan fails if obnoxious innocents are left
-if inno: dont go accusing people all day, the killers will flip your table and you get strawpolled
-if host/cohost: try to search the move to help you describe what happened
-if host: get a pro roleplayer or a pro host for your co unless you need one for poll slavery(which i do)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyenaBoy on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:16 am

As a host, it's much cleaner/neater to just ask someone for a kill before the situation that occurs that allows a killer to strike, it's quicker, much more professional, and a lot easier.

Also those who are killers, please do /ds (move) or /learn (pokemon), (move) to determine whether using a certain move is worth the risk or not. Sometimes it's better for you to use a certain move, such as a draining move, since it reaches a wide variety of moves. Unless the host says an indent is seen in the body, they'll think it's any of the drain moves to be honest.

Also for gods sake, anyone who is killing, READ THE DOCS. They contain rules, banned moves, and some people (including me) include tips and tricks in their documents to help newer people with MM.

Seriously, if you try to use a banned move as a killer. I'm going to shank you.

Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akemi (Infernape) on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:54 pm

On a more specific note, Murder Mysteries in main tend to be easy to win as the killer because people are driven by emotions. This means that one can easily feign the expected surprise and sadness in order to blend in with the crowd.

Amphy, on the other hand, tends to focus purely on the logical side of things. A common view in Amphy MMs (which aren't very common) is that the killer will use the most obscure moves available to them. This worked well for a certain person me who was in the final three as a Mawile alongside two Eeveelutions. Said person used Bite, and it was promptly assumed that nobody using a Mawile would be stupid enough to use Bite. The votes ended up split between the two Eeveelutions as a result.
Akemi (Infernape)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:09 am

Another tip: Choose the Pokémon you want to use AFTER finding out whether or not you're a killer. For example, a killer would want to have a wide movepool, so they might choose something with a variety of attacks. Someone playing an innocently should pick a Pokémon with a smaller range of moves. Oh yeah, and Pokémon like Magikarp and Burmy get picked off fast because they're almost impossible to frame.

Back to top Go down

The best way to enjoy an MM

Post by Dragon555 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Do Sorai(Noivern)'s MM one time it was 2 hours long
Dragon555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:12 am

I found that if you are the killer, A Gastly works pretty nicely. Also, don't kill the mods first, it means they can literally have no fun in MM. Plus mods are generally suspected to be killers, idk why, but if you leave them alive and use a move you both know, they get suspected.

Example:

I was a Gastly, the killer. I'm pretty sure Former (Froslass) knew it was me the whole time, but by acting innocent, I got away with it and won because I made a friend. People generally target 'That mysterious guy in the back of the room' because he is rather unfriendly.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:00 pm

i once killed a person with magikarp before the splash move was banned

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im an OFFICIAL CHRISTIAN DRIVER
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up with details
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:24 am

The Annoying Enchidio wrote:i once killed a person with magikarp before the splash move was banned

Go away, you're not Kurpz. (The only one I know who regularly joines MMs as a Magikarp and even won as it before.)
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Wow, I'm surprised this thread still is (somewhat) alive.

I've noticed that the quality of MM RP has gone down significantly than when I used to be on main a ton, but there are a few really good ones still being hosted out there.

Personally, I think using obscure moves is a good way to go, especially ones that not many people would do.

For example, I was in an MM (can't remember how long ago it was) and someone died from Flamethrower. One of the Flareon being played was killed, but everyone was sure it was the Zoroark who did it. At the end of the RP, neither of the Flareon nor the Zoroark was a killer. Turns out it was Munchlax.

Also, I once killed someone with Flail as Midna. I'm not sure if that's banned now because it was a long time ago, but I got away with it and no one suspected me.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top