My first OC that I put effort into

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My first OC that I put effort into

Post by BattleDomeGuy on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Here is Rocket Boss 1's story of woe. His name is Giovanni Rocchi, a pokemon lover who lives in Viridian City. Five years ago he founded an organization called the Rocket Pokemon Club. They were peaceful protesters, protesting against a law that was being considered that would legalize Pokemon abuse. After months of campaigning, the law was not passed, mostly thanks to the efforts of the Rocket Pokemon Club.

A few weeks later, a corrupt business man by the name of Palpatine Smith went after Giovanni. He used to run a Pokemon breeding center and mistreated the Pokemon there, often times selling them to criminals to make a quick buck. If the new law was passed, the police wouldn't have been able to inspect the center and shut it down. Since Giovanni's organization shut his business down, he sought revenge and entered the building during a club meeting. He took out a handgun and shot Giovanni six times in the chest and stomach The police came and arrested Palpatine and Giovanni was rushed to the ER.

He was in critical condition, as the bullets hit a lung, causing it to collapse, and two vertebra near his stomach, causing paralysis for life. He stayed in the hospital for five months, recovering. When he got out, everything had changed. Desperate for funds, the Rocket Pokemon Club started to commit crimes. At first they were small crimes, like pickpocketing. But when the costs got higher and higher, they started breaking into homes and robbing banks to get the cash they needed. Eventually they lost sight of what the club meant and instead of focusing on Pokemon rights, they were purely crime oriented. The media dubbed them Team Rocket and the name stuck.

They made Giovanni their poster boy, the face of Team Rocket, despite him never committing a crime in his life. He quickly shot up the Most Wanted list and by the time he was let out of the hospital, the bounty on his head was around 500,000,000 Pokedollars or the equivalent of 50 million USD.

When Giovanni found out what happened, he was in shock. Never in his life would he have thought this could happen. He rushed to the Rocket Headquarters to attempt to talk some sense into the members of Team Rocket, but his urging pleas were met with laughter. They told him that the old Rocket Pokemon Club didn't exist and that Pokemon were just tools for the betterment of mankind. They showed him what they were doing to Pokemon. Everywhere he looked, Pokemon were being whipped or beaten. Electric types were in machinery literally sucking the electricity out of them to harness for power.

Giovanni was outraged at how despicable the Rockets had become and attempted to order them to shut everything down. Instead they evicted him from the Headquarters and told him that if they saw him there, they would throw him off of his wheelchair and leave him to die in a cell.

Despite all of this, they continued to use Giovanni as the mascot for Team Rocket, not wanting to put any of their real officials in physical harm. Giovanni had nowhere left to go. If he showed his face in public, he would be murdered on the spot. He had nobody to turn to. Everyone he knew and loved had abandoned him. Even his son Silver, his pride and joy, refused to give him hospitality. So he did the only thing he could do. He went to live with Pokemon.

Most Pokemon didn't know about Team Rocket so he would be free from the persecution of mankind. And they accepted him for who he was. He lived in the Forest of Purity, a secluded area miles away from civilization. He lived with all kinds of Pokemon, ranging from Rattatas to Dragonites and almost everything in between. There he was truly happy, being able to do the thing he loved most, be with and care for Pokemon.

But all good things must come to an end. After living in the forest for a year and a half, a group of hikers found Giovanni and called the police. Within the hour a police squadron stormed the forest, searching for the wanted man. They found him and promptly arrested him for being the "leader" of Team Rocket. He was sent to Poketraz, the most secure prison in the region.

While in prison, the police were dumbfounded at how civilized and respectable Giovanni was in prison, greeting the prison guards every morning with a sincere smile and even offering other prisoners and guards some of his meals. His sentence went from life imprisonment to twenty years for good behavior in just six months of being in the jail. In another year it went down to ten years. When the ten years were over, Giovanni was finally able to be in public without fear of death.

But the public wasn't as willing to give him another chance. People would run away if he walked in the same room as him. He wasn't allowed in any public buildings and he could never get a job. Once again, Pokemon were his only friend in a cruel world. Eventually the public's disapproval of his return grew into threats of violence if he wasn't put back in jail. His home was constantly vandalized and broken into.

And finally he was attacked while out feeding Pokemon at the local Pokemon Daycare. He was shot in the neck and had to be rushed to the emergency room. But no hospitals would take him. They either claimed to be full, short on hands, or just flat out refused to let him be treated. The couple at the Daycare tried their best to save him but it was in vain. Giovanni died three days later from a bullet wound that wouldn't have been fatal if it was treated.

The couple buried him that night with the inscription of "Here lies Giovanni Rocchi. March 13th 1987 - October 4th 2014. He tried so hard to do the right thing but nobody would accept him. May he rest in peace". Within two months of his passing, Team Rocket fell apart and the Kanto region was at peace.

Last edited by BattleDomeGuy on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

BattleDomeGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My first OC that I put effort into

Post by BattleDomeGuy on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:45 pm

My apologies that this is pretty much a novel instead of a bio

BattleDomeGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:58 pm

maybe if you made it more backstory-like it would be more appropriate. you've basically told the story of your character than make a bio that quickly explains a character's past
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleDomeGuy on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Dragonite99 wrote:maybe if you made it more backstory-like it would be more appropriate. you've basically told the story of your character than make a bio that quickly explains a character's past
Thanks. Do you like the character?

BattleDomeGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:26 pm

BattleDomeGuy wrote:
Dragonite99 wrote:maybe if you made it more backstory-like it would be more appropriate. you've basically told the story of your character than make a bio that quickly explains a character's past
Thanks. Do you like the character?

yeah, it's a lot like the actual giovanni from TR, tho. I'm not sure if that was meant to be on purpose or something XD
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluegirl687 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:49 am

I read it all but... Next time please use paragraphs... But I do like the story!
Bluegirl687

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleDomeGuy on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Bump! Edited the story into paragraphs so its easier on the eyes

BattleDomeGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content