Rubi the Gardevoir

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rubi the Gardevoir

Post by Ai the Krow on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:12 am

So I decided to make Rubi the first OC that I post because if I were to post Ai or Sari it would be the most bs to bs the bs that we bs upon. Maybe I am just over thinking that but whatever.

Here is the link. WARNING: The backstory is pretty long because I got carried away and didn't put the bare minimum: http://goo.gl/sVHvQQ

Thank you for your time. Please be kind and rewind.
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rubi the Gardevoir

Post by MoniStar on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:36 am

I quite like the OC~ I like the fact she accidentally became a Gardevoir when he wanted to be a Gallade~

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai the Krow on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:44 am

Tank you! He is one of my favorite. I need to make a page for Ange too.
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZinogreVolt on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:53 am

Oh boy, this character has a bad case of the ol' Special Snowflake's.

Okay, where to begin?

First off, Trace. You completely abused it for the sake of your character being unique.Trace does NOT copy the moves of it's target, already making your character seem OP. And simply learning moves (and some illegal moves) just by looking at them or studying them isn't a good character trait, at all.

Where are Rubick's parents? Did they just abandon him? This is just a running gag with character backstories, not once have I ever seen the reasonings for as to why their parents abandoned the character. Speaking of which, Ralts should NEVER been able to take down an Absol, it's like he pulled a Gohan.

Overall, major revisions should be in order, drop the whole "made fun of because male Gardevoir thing", because that's highly overused nowadays, he should be kept male, but just take out the silly plot elements about it being a male Gardevoir, they're unnecessary and very exasperating. But if there's one thing you did right, it's the height and weight.
ZinogreVolt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai the Krow on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:53 pm

OK. I see what you about the male gardevoir thing. (but its actually happened while I was rp'ing as him so it seemed fitting to get it out of the way). Rubi's parents were captured and traded to another region. Also he didn't use trace to copy the absol's move. Rubi knows mimic and used it to copy sucker punch. He only used trace to copy justified. If you look at his move list both with and without his trainer he has mimic. Tank you for the feedback. :>

Edit: I'm going to add that he used mimic to copy the absol's move. The fact that he is a male really isn't that large it's more of a warning in case someone decides to do so. I'm not going this is a main point of this character more this is a detail that has been noted and played upon a handful of times before. Also spell checking ;p

Re:Edit: What do you mean by ol' Special Snowflake? It just seems to sting me in the back of my mind when i read that. Not assuming that your making fun of me, but it really feels that way. Also the reason why I don't tell what happened to Rubi's parents (and I assume this why others don't either) is because I want his backstory to feel more from his perspective rather then just listing all the facts. Rubi doesn't know why his parents have left or where nor does he care. They were not there so why should he care.
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top