View previous topic View next topic Go down

RMOC: Dex Hale and Kole

Post by StarDragon on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:01 am

Spoiler:

Name: Dex Hale
Nicknames: --
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 90 lbs
IQ: --- (Actually WIP, he's the only one of my characters without a number for their IQ- but to put it simply he's pretty dang smart)
Marital Status: Taken
DOB: November 11th
Birth Place: Lilycove City, Hoenn
Residence: Shalour City, Kalos
Occupation: Works for NeoEvolution, A Mega Evolution research group
Alignment: Neutral

Abilities & Aptitude:

Psychic Abilities- Dex is a born psychic, and has great potential. He is a very powerful psychic, or would be if he wasn't not held back by his Nacrolepsy. He specializes in Telekinesis, but is able to exert extra energy to preform other actions such as teleportation, mind reading, telepathy and the like. He may also be able to utilize certain Psychic type moves with enough energy- but it takes so much energy for a human to recreate the move of a pokemon that it would just cause him to pass out before he finished.

Mega Evolution- Using the Key stone embedded in his Cubone skull staff, he is able to mega evolve his Banette, Kole.

Communing- Dex has the strange ability to commune with the dead- spirits that have not yet passed on or been turned into pokemon and the like.

Weaknesses:

-He isn't able to teleport more than a few feet in any direction without passing out. Teleportation takes the most amount of energy for him to use.

-It's hard for him to read minds unless he's completely focused on the target- which isn't often. (Not to mention that I'd probably never use this skill of his IRP because it'd be OP and meta and ew. But it is something he can do outside of RP uwu)

-He's been dealing with Narcolepsy for a long time, and is often very sleepy and unfocused causing his psychic powers to be weaker than they would usually be if he were fully awake. Not to mention Narcolepsy in itself is probably a big weakness. Overexertion will cause him to drop like a rock.

Hobbies & Talents: Reading, Able to play the Violin to some extent, Sewing

Personal facts
Friends: Luce Chevalier, Lori Garder, Barnet Durand (I will probably expand on these relationships later- but for now just know that he's in good standings with a few of my other characters that i will not write character bios for.)
Rivals: --
Enemies: --
Known relatives: Unnamed parents

Likes/Favorite activities: Not having to do much, lazing around
Dislikes/Least favorite activities: Activities involving a lot of movement, Not being able to properly participate in some things because of his condition, being left alone, the education system
Gourmet of choice: Sweets, mostly baked goods
Beverages of choice: Tea
Favorite color(s): Purple

Personality:

Dex may come off as lazy and unwilling to do work.. that's probably because he is. Due to being held captive for most of his life, from about 6 to 18 years of age- he's not exactly the most socially apt person around either. In fact, his development was pretty whacked out so he can still seem to act like a kid from time to time- having to unlearn and relearn a lot of things about society that he doesn't really understand very well. He is a little naive (and that's being nice) and ultimately seems to mean well with what he does, or at least doesn't inherently mean to do any wrong or hurt anyone. Sometimes he may come off as a little creepy or unusual too- though that may be because he hangs out with a lot of ghosts.

He may appear sarcastic and sassy at times, often replying to people with inappropriate and rude comments. Occasionally he may ask an inppropriate or rude question to get a reaction out of them. He used to be serious, everyone thought he was joking- so he stopped being serious.

There are a lot of times where he doesn't seem to really care about anything either. He's super mellow, and it takes a lot to set him off. He seems almost impossible to anger or upset, but he probably bottles those emotions up because he doesn't really know what do with them. Upon getting on his good side or perhaps making friends with him, he'll continue to be a little rude but only with good intentions usually to try and make them laugh or something. He's an interesting friend, but he appears trustworthy once you do gain his trust.

Items & Weapons:
Cubone Skull Staff- Dex carries a metal staff topped with a Cubone Skull. It just seems to be decoration, but he likes to trick people into thinking he's magic by using his telekinesis in conjunction with waving the staff around.

Key Stone- A Key Stone is embedded in Dex's staff, allowing him to Mega Evolve his partner- Kole.

Theme song: ---

Back Story: (Short version, probably WIP)

It's safe to say that Dex's life would have been pretty normal if he was able to control the power he was granted with at birth.
But that wasn't the case, so we have this mess instead.
He was born in Lilycove City in Hoenn- only to be taken away from his family 5-6 years later by an Alakazam and the human that was supposedly his trainer but it was clear that the Pokemon was the one running the show for the most part. This was mostly due in part of the fact that Dex's powers were so incredibly powerful for him at the age he was that he could not control them- and he could've caused a lot of chaos had they not taken him away to help him control them well. The Alakazam would've sensed this power within him either way, no doubt.

The Alakazam and his trainer took Dex to Shalour City in Kalos, where their 'base of operations' was located- and there he was raised with two other children (Two girls, who were also really weird.). While the Alakazam seemed to be patient with them, and worked well with them, the human did not. The human resented them, in fact, it seemed he was scared of them almost. Seeing as how he kept multiple dark type pokemon around in their home in Kalos, he only kept them around because he felt he knew they would never be fit to integrate back into society once the Alakazam was done training them. And because of this, the three of them were pretty much inside all the time- unable to go out into the outside world. Though the Alakazam did not seem to have a problem with this taking place. In his boredom, Dex would read and read... and read some more. Besides reading, he would occasionally talk to wandering spirits. Of course, he didn't know they were dead at first. Though it seemed like he was going through some kind of imaginary friend phase at first- the Alakazam very well knew he was talking to the dead.

All while this happened, he often had conversations via telepathy with the daughter of a rich business owner- who he came to know as Luce. They never once saw each other in these exchanges, and they didn't really seem to know how it worked at first, but they accepted each other as sort of secret friends.
Around the age of 10 or so, he met Kole- who had somehow wriggled his way inside the house- though perhaps he just.. walked through the walls.. because he's a ghost. He had followed Dex's calling out to spirits in the area because he was lonely and needed someone to talk to. Also feeling lonely, Kole decided to stay with him because Dex payed attention to him and seemed to like him like how a small child loves their first stuffed animal.

A life inside did not do him very well, and after years of backlash from the human trainer, enabling from the Alakazam and actual training to get in control of his psychic powers- he finally had a chance to leave. And his chance never would've come if it weren't for Luce. At the time, she had been going around trying to recruit members for NeoEvolution- a group that had just been founded by her older brother for the future of Mega Evolution and Mega Evolution research. Also being psychic (not as strongly as Dex), she sensed a certain power and bond between Dex and Kole- deeming him fit to become a part of the group. Also they were friends, and she had longed to get him out of there for a long time. After about a week of discussion and arguing, Luce finally convinced the human and the Alakazam to let him go- seeing as how her brother was rising in power quickly and surely, it seemed they trusted him (if not her) to keep Dex in check.

In his recent years he's been working for the group- usually just running small errands and the like as he isn't exactly the strongest and most capable member of the group.

Last edited by StarDragon on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
StarDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RMOC: Dex Hale and Kole

Post by StarDragon on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:04 am

Link to Image: http://i.imgur.com/calJBkL.png

Name: Kole
Species: Banette
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Thoroughly Cunning
Ability: Cursed Body

Moveset:
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-O-Wisp
-Sucker Punch
-Psychic

Personality:

Though you'd usually expect an old spirit to be wise and- having been stuck in the body of a plushie for so long- kind of uneffected by everything. But Kole appears to be quite the opposite. For a vengeful spirit, he's quite expressive and not just in the angry kind of way. Now he's seem to have forgotten his past or simply just let go of it, so he appears to be pretty cheerful most of the time. He takes joy in the misfortune of others, often playing pranks to cause other people misfortune for his own enjoyment. Unlike Dex, he knows what he does is wrong and does it purposely.

Though he's a jerk by nature, he has a nicer side- only truly brought out by Dex and his few friends. It's not often that he really considers people and pokemon friends, more like toys to be used for his amusement. It seems like he may also do bad things for the attention, for fear that he'll be ignored. He really doesn't want to be ignored and abandoned- it's a huge fear of his.

Backstory:

Not much is known about Kole's background (as of right now- that's honestly because I don't have it all down myself but i'll write it as it comes to me)- if you were to ask him he'd outright admit to having forgotten it himself. It seems like he has let go of it in the years that he's been a Banette but it seems that he used to be human- a very vengeful, awful human who did some extremely awful things. His memories of those bad things are only passing glances now and it would take a lot to have him remember them.

(WIP)

Last edited by StarDragon on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
StarDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Penguinari of Sweg on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:15 pm

Very interesting.  I like it.  

He seems pretty balanced to me, he doesn't too much strength and not enough weakness like some other human OCs with powers I've seen around.

He's got character written all over him.  Everything contributes to his character, too.  :^)

I really like his originality.  It's not just 'Dead parents and he likes to help everyone.'

I would say more but...I'm not great with words.

Hope to see his backstory soon.
The Penguinari of Sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDragon on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Thanks! I'm glad you like him.

I finished his backstory, and wrote a personality and a tiny WIP backstory for Kole. uwu/

I would appreciate any criticism and the like- because that's cool I guess.
StarDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by StarDragon on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:32 pm

I would think that some psychic types such as Alakazam and ghost types like Banette have longer lifespans than others.

Banette is kinda obvious though- though I think it differs from Banette to Banette- Kole is a spirit inhabiting a plushie and will live for as long as his vessel lasts him.
StarDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDragon on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:23 pm

uwu Gonna leave a quick little note here if no one minds me double posting but I'm still good for critique and stuff so if anyone has anything to say about these two feel free uwu/ in fact I encourage it
StarDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top