Petra the cunning Aerodactyl

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Petra the cunning Aerodactyl

Post by Ai the Krow on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:30 am

So this is a brand new character and the doc is still being worked on, but most of the important stuff is there so ima post it now.

EDIT1:

If you have any ideas you would like to share, I would love to read them. Thank you for your time. Please be kind and rewind.

EDIT 2-3:Fixing things
EDIT 4: Posted new character sheet, but it'd probably be more convenient for readers if I moved it up here.
Redux Here:

Last edited by Ai the Krow on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Petra the cunning Aerodactyl

Post by Dragonite99 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:27 pm

this is a really interesting OC! I like how detailed some stuff is, and the doc seems well organized. this character seems fun to RP with ^_^ i'd say improve just a little bit on backstory and personality, then it'll be great

9/10
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai the Krow on Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Tank you! ^_^ Perhaps you could help me improve her backstory/personality? Those are kinda my weak points when it comes to making characters. . . and grammar . . . grammar is always my weak point, but I don't need help with that.
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Ai the Krow wrote:Tank you! ^_^ Perhaps you could help me improve her backstory/personality? Those are kinda my weak points when it comes to making characters. . . and grammar . . . grammar is always my weak point, but I don't need help with that.

you're welcome Smile
and to impove the backsory...it's not my OC, it's yours! I would help you if i could, but i wouldn't know what to do XD perhaps just putting more detail into events, but no t to much. it's a bio, not a story Razz
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evergreen lemose on Fri May 01, 2015 9:10 am

dragonite99 wrote: it's a bio, not a story Razz
try telling that to halohbottech!

it's a very good OC and I look forward to any others you might do
evergreen lemose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sat May 02, 2015 12:41 am

I find that every character, OC and the like, are a story in of themselves. So, in the end, it's not about what they've done in their past, no, it's about creating a character who grows and (sometimes) changes in their lives. So, in the end, it's not about what they HAVE done, no, it's about what they WILL do, that defines a good OC. Surprised

That being, said, I love Petra's personality! I generally love sadistic/remorseless hunters for OCs, and I wish there were more of them! Keep Petra how she is, because she. Is. Awesome. Smile
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai the Krow on Thu May 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank you all for the feed back. I kind of forgot about the forum for a while because . . . no responses. ^^ I actually have been doing pm rps with her and updating things when I feel the need to . . . like the how big she is and how she looks . . . I might actually get off my lazy bum and draw a up to date picture. Anyways again thank you for the feedback~!
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai the Krow on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:26 pm

Oh my. I decided to visit some of my characters sheets after finally getting back to roleplaying chat. Took a peek at my golden boy-er girl, Petra. I was not pleased with what I saw at all, so here's a redux of Petra the Aerodactyl, now less . . . . . Cunning (not really) and less edgy as well.

Here she is Redux: Petra the Aerodactyl

Like above says, please share your opinions. I'd love to read them. Thank you for your time. Please be kind and rewind.
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:23 pm

It's too late right now, I'd like to read and compare this with the older version though. I'll update it when I get to read it (tomorrow).

EDIT: The OC looks fine, has a nice personality, though it might come off as a bit bland since the only thing it's got for itself is that personality and that she's based around it (considering her 'plot' with the scientists and the lab is now over). It could've had the potential to be better if she has an objective in mind (that's entirely up to you, considering this is an old character, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't want to use it any longer).

Yeah, that's pretty much the best I can do right now, I might edit some points later.

Last edited by Fraction on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added feedback)
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai the Krow on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:35 pm

Lovely, can't wait to read your feedback.
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:15 am

Edited my previous post. Sorry it took so long, I've been busy procrastinating.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai the Krow on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:26 am

I see, well to be honest, it's not that the lab bit is over, but I wanted to make her less focused on the fact that she was a test subject and draw more attention to who she is. Thus I kind of glossed over the lab bit. The event still had an effect on how she treats humans, it's just there has also been some time for her to mellow out and think about it. Still could use it as a plot actually, if the some scientist or company see potential and tries to capture her for example.

I'll think about fleshing out that part of the story more.

As for the goals, she does have one. I know it's vague and not the most well thought out goal, but she wants to be viewed as the apex, or rather a mythical or divine being. Like how a regular average pokemon would see a legendary; with fear and awe. She wants this because 1: if people do see her like that she'll likely get her way more often, and 2: it'll also help keep people from getting too close to her, which prevents them from seeing how much of a wreck she is. Not the greatest but it's a starting point. She'll probably get more as time goes on for her

I'd love to play Petra, it's more that I'm ignored really. Love the character to death, just never get the chance to use her! XD Don't really know why I'm ignored, maybe it's something I do when I'm trying to rp?

Ok I need to stop rambling now. Anyways thank you for your criticism. I'll put it to great use. Hopefully I can add back in some of the potential you saw.
Ai the Krow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:22 am

I think you should read our lovely old staff Millianah's post here. It's a really good guide that's still applicable to RPs these days, it might help you out in some way.

Other than that, no problem, you can ask me for an OC rate anytime (even on PS! you can catch me as 18th).
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top