{Conquest RMT} Fighting Knight - Equinox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

{Conquest RMT} Fighting Knight - Equinox

Post by Articuno on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Introduction

I'm by no means an expert on Fighting type. This presents the perfect opportunity for me to share this team and get opinions, because even though I rarely ever choose to go for Fighting, I think it's a great type and I'd like to become better at it. I've seen many Fighting type teams that rely solely on physical attackers; however, it seems that many people forget how many amazing Special attackers that the type allows for. My goal with this knight team is to take advantage of the amazing speed allowed to most Fighting types to overwhelm and beat my opponents to the ground.

The Team

Autumn (Breloom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Autumn has your standard Breloom set, if you call swapping Rock Tomb for Swords Dance standard. She's meant to be able to be put out under slower opponents - or perhaps those that set up - to get the spore out and start dancing. Even if I know Spore won't work, I can take advantage of her sash to get at least one SD off before Mach Punching the shit out of whatever she's facing. Her Technician boosted Bullet Seed and Mach Punch have swept many a team before.

Winter Solstice (Gallade) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

I'll be honest: I've never used Mega Gallade before. In all honesty, I had a Megacham where Winter Solstice is now, but Mega Gallade is definitely the better switch here. I put Bulk Up to cover for Mega Gallade's lowest stat, Defense, and Drain Punch for the recovery. Psycho Cut and Ice Punch are both there for coverage. However, I'm rather unsure as to his EVs at the moment so if I should change them, please tell me. 

Winter (Lucario) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Winter is my sashed Special Attacker set up sweeper, similar to how Autumn is my physical sashed. Even without a Nasty Pot set up, Winter does a shitload of damage. Vacuum Wave ensures priority, while Flash Cannon is coverage against Fairy Types. I've been debating on his last slot; at the moment, Dark Pulse is there for Ghosts, but I know other options may be better. Anyway, once one Nasty Plot is up, if you don't have anything to outspeed Winter, he's gonna wreck you like a wrecking ball.

Summer Solstice (Heracross) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Fighting types may be fast, but they're not always going to outspeed. Summer Solstice is here as a mid-to-late game sweeper or as a revenge killer. Close Combat Moxiecross is godlike, while Megahorn and Earthquake offer good coverage. Knock Off allows her to hit Ghost types and does amazing damage, and is handy against Eviolite users or even Harvest users.  
 Summer (Infernape) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Vacuum Wave
- Flamethrower
My third sash (yes I know, I rely a bit too much on them) is Summer, who is one of two potential leads for me. His job is to set up rocks if he's lucky, but if he's not and the opponent outspeeds, he can hit Endeavor and then Vacuum Wave the opponent to finish them off. People seem to forget that Infernape's Special Attack is just as good as its physical - outside of his SR lead, Flamethrower is a good option to deal very decent damage to any Pokemon that doesn't absorb or resist it.
 Spring (Hitmonlee) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
Spring is my second potential lead, and here's why: Fake out + Unburden + Normal Gem works on everything except a Ghost type. After this, Spring outspeeds literally any Pokemon without a priority move. I took Close Combat over High Jump Kick for the safety, Knock Off to hit pesky Ghosts, and Stone Miss Edge to deal with Flying Types. Spring makes for one scary-ass sweeper, and I've had my butt kicked by one of these guys before.

Anyway, if you read all of that (and thanks if you did), this is a team that I made some minor modifications to and quite honestly, I haven't tested it out yet. All opinions are welcome and I'd love to receive any feedback you have.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: {Conquest RMT} Fighting Knight - Equinox

Post by bote on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:16 pm

Hey blue, I have a few things you may want to consider changing, but your team seems to be fairly standard and built well.

A. If you are going to run sashes, you should probably have a way to get rid of hazards. The best mon I can think that can do this job is Hitmontop

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Foresight/Toxic
- Sucker Punch/Stone Edge

I do not know what poke you would replace if you wanted to use this, but here you go.

B. I would recomend changing Flamethrower to Overheat on infernape. Infernape's one job is to set up hazards so it probably just wants to kill as many things as possible, as quickly as it could.

C. You could try out Substitute instead of Ice Punch, and get rid of psycho cut for a different move so that sabeleye doesn't shut you down completely. This would cause it to have a somewhat similar set to Mewtwo X in ubers (Correct me if I am wrong).

Besides that thats all I could think of.
bote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:39 pm

I'd first like to ask which enemies you wish to crush, before I rate.

Thank you.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Also, a note that Unburden Hitmonlee is most likely outclassed by Unburden Hawlucha.

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:35 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:Also, a note that Unburden Hitmonlee is most likely outclassed by Unburden Hawlucha.
The Benefit of an Unburden Hitmonlee rather then Hawlucha, is that to trigger the unburden, you get a Priority move, with 100% Flinch chance in the form of Fake Out, plus the Normal Gem to make it stronger, over the more commonly used Sky Attack with Power Herb on Hawlucha. This means that Hitmonlee has a much lower chance of dying before it gets a chance to activate Unburden, and if it successfully gets Unburden off, the enemy is flinched, leaving very little possibility of it dying after it (On the same turn), which are problems Hawlucha can have. Unburden Hitmonlee is also stronger in terms of attack (Just as a side note).

All in all Blue, I do like the look of the team, but I agree with Tour in that if you run lots and lots of Sashes, you do need a good way to get rid of hazards, else they may as well not even have an item.

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:30 am

MoniStar wrote:
Lux Gracetail wrote:Also, a note that Unburden Hitmonlee is most likely outclassed by Unburden Hawlucha.
The Benefit of an Unburden Hitmonlee rather then Hawlucha, is that to trigger the unburden, you get a Priority move, with 100% Flinch chance in the form of Fake Out, plus the Normal Gem to make it stronger, over the more commonly used Sky Attack with Power Herb on Hawlucha. This means that Hitmonlee has a much lower chance of dying before it gets a chance to activate Unburden, and if it successfully gets Unburden off, the enemy is flinched, leaving very little possibility of it dying after it (On the same turn), which are problems Hawlucha can have. Unburden Hitmonlee is also stronger in terms of attack (Just as a side note).

All in all Blue, I do like the look of the team, but I agree with Tour in that if you run lots and lots of Sashes, you do need a good way to get rid of hazards, else they may as well not even have an item.

Hawlucha comes in on a weakened, frail or slower Pokémon, opening up with Sky attack, a 140 BP Flying type STAB attack, usually with full Attack investment. 334 speed (with Adamant and 248 EVs) is nothing to be trifled with.

Lead Infernape could work, I suppose, but the existence of Magic Bouncers partially makes it mandatory for a spinner or fogger, as those rocks could be harming you more than them if they are found on your own side.

In addition, I am aware that Hitmonlee runs important anti-flying coverage in the form of Stone edge, but I believe Knock Off can be replaced with said move on Heracross, possibly, if such a modification was made.

I am not sure what you could use as a Spinner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:51 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:
MoniStar wrote:

Hawlucha comes in on a weakened, frail or slower Pokémon, opening up with Sky attack, a 140 BP Flying type STAB attack, usually with full Attack investment.  334 speed (with Adamant and 248 EVs) is nothing to be trifled with.

Lead Infernape could work, I suppose, but the existence of Magic Bouncers partially makes it mandatory for a spinner or fogger, as those rocks could be harming you more than them if they are found on your own side.

In addition, I am aware that Hitmonlee runs important anti-flying coverage in the form of Stone edge, but I believe Knock Off can be replaced with said move on Heracross, possibly, if such a modification was made.

I am not sure what you could use as a Spinner.
Yes but in the situations where there are no options for Hawlucha to use Sky Attack without dying, then it's in a poor situation, At least with Hitmonlee, you can use it to stop lead pokemon who would try to set up, like Garvantula, Smergle, etc. they both to really well in different sections. Hitmonlee is more of a Lead, whereas Hawlucha is more to take huge chunks out of baddies =P

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bote on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:21 am

Lux Gracetail wrote:I am not sure what you could use as a Spinner.

Because I totally did not suggest a set for hitmontop, who is the best spinner for fighting.
bote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:15 am

Tour wrote:
Lux Gracetail wrote:I am not sure what you could use as a Spinner.

Because I totally did not suggest a set for hitmontop, who is the best spinner for fighting.

*Use the spinner instead of

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chleg on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Why Mega Gallade over Mega Lucario? Mega Lucario has access to Flash Cannon and Dark Pulse, beating Fairy and Psychic. Mega Lucario also breaks the 110 Speed mark to outspeed everything up to base 111. Sure, Gallade has more bulk but Lucario is a special sweeper, something that is vital to fighting. Lucario gets Adaptability to boost it's Vacuum Wave and Flash Cannon to insane levels, higher than Deoxys-Attack with STAB. Say bye to Fairies for me on the way BTW.
Chleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Chleg wrote:Why Mega Gallade over Mega Lucario? Mega Lucario has access to Flash Cannon and Dark Pulse, beating Fairy and Psychic. Mega Lucario also breaks the 110 Speed mark to outspeed everything up to base 111. Sure, Gallade has more bulk but Lucario is a special sweeper, something that is vital to fighting. Lucario gets Adaptability to boost it's Vacuum Wave and Flash Cannon to insane levels, higher than Deoxys-Attack with STAB. Say bye to Fairies for me on the way BTW.
This is a knight team; all my teams are knight teams.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Can I say something? Hawlucha > Hitmonlee, removing rocks and all is great, but crushing Bug and Grass monos is better. Run something like this to improve your odds, since Fighting isn't weak at all to Rocks:
Hawlucha @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Sky Attack

First set focuses on Baton Passing to another mon, second focuses on just all-out brutal attacking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail97 on Fri May 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Death God Anubis wrote:Hawlucha @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics

Notable, you ran Power Herb when no moves activates it.

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trivia's Hornets on Sat May 09, 2015 12:55 am

uh, i'm not that good at fighting but i'm pretty sure max speed Gallade is like, 350 and has enough bulk to survive a hit for a swords dance then sweep at high speeds, gaining health with a drain punch. that has worked for me in the past but it's entirely up to you, in terms of the team, i'd agree with a spinner and maybe changing the Breloom from a sash set to a poison heal set (see bottom). This set is good if you just spore, then set up a sub, then focus punch away. Seed bomb is of course for ghost types and coverage in general.
Breloom @ Toxic orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
Trivia's Hornets

View user profile

Back to top Go down