[Conquest RMT] Fighting - Warriors of the Lost World

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Conquest RMT] Fighting - Warriors of the Lost World

Post by The Penguinari of Sweg on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Warriors of the Lost World
That should be a custom. Meh, I have too many already. Ekek.

Introduction

Welcome.  Fighting is one of my favorite types, so naturally, I created a hideous hodgepodge of random fighting types because I needed a Conquest team.  ...Nah, kidding.  I decided to select some fighting types that don't get much light shone on them often compared to others, aka, no OU or Uber fighting types (save Mega Medicham).  It's been fun, this team is usually able to get through most CQ battles not against weaknesses, resistances (except Poison, ekek), and very skilled opponents.  Even then, this team does pretty well comparatively against most of its weaknesses.  And I'm no nitty-gritty competitive battler.  I like battling for fun.  But I like winning, and that's why I'm doing this RMT.  This team still loses some battles.  Probably because almost all of these Pokemon aren't designed to take hits, and they're all designed to dish out all the damage.  I'd like some advice on tweaking it.

This team can be used for Lords and Knights.

The Team at a Glance

The Team in Detail

Idk (Medicham) (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
Aside from being my only option besides Mega Gallade, Mega Medicham provides great coverage for the team.  Its attack stat reaches absurd levels with Pure Power It's higher than Mega Rayray, yo and a base 100 speed allows it to easily KO slower Pokemon.  High Jump Kick is the main move on this set, OHKOing most Pokemon weak to it.  Zen Headbutt provides a move to attack Pokemon resistant to fighting, like poison types.  Ice Punch nails most dragons like Garchomp, with some weakened flying types as a bonus, and Fake Out allows Mega Med to KO more Pokemon easier, since this team lacks Stealth Rock.  Coupled with Bullet Punch, once Mega Med switches in, it has a powerful priority combo that can let it function as a sort of revenge killer.

Bad as Hog (Hawlucha) (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Sky Attack
Hawlucha is my favorite Pokemon on this team, and probably my favorite fighting type, for some good reasons.  Swords Dance doubles its slightly below-average attack stat, and then things get real.  Sky Attack is a base 140 move that can KO most leads like Garchomp and Crobat after a Swords Dance, and since the Power Herb is lost, it activates Unburden, boosting its base speed stat to a crazy base 236, outspeeding essentially everything without a priority move, other unburden users, some Pokemon who manage to boost their speed enough without getting KO'd, and things under that ol' Trick Room.  And things like Jolteon with a choice scarf.  But who does that, I ask?  After Sky Attack, Acrobatics is the main move, reaching a base 110 power without an item.  High Jump Kick has more power than Acrobatics, but the 10% chance of losing half health deters constant use on this set.  Your luck isn't always good.  It's mostly used on Pokemon who resist Acrobatics but are weak to fighting moves, like steel types.

Ribbert (Toxicroak) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
Look away from that 4x psychic weakness, and look at the better side of this frog.  Swords Dance allows it to net more KOs, especially on weakened Pokemon.  Gunk Shot hits like a truck, even without a boost if the opponent is weak to it.  After a Swords Dance, Gunk Shot can OHKO every Fairy type save Defensive Granbull, Mawile, Klefki, Diancie, and Defensive Carbink...of course, if it actually hits.  And if I did all those calculations right, eheh.  The 80% accuracy DOES set Toxicroak back. It's like Hydro Pump.  Except poison.  And physical.  And slightly higher BP.  I guess.  Dry Skin, Drain Punch, and Black Sludge provide several nifty options for recovering health.  Sucker Punch can land a KO on a weakened, faster Pokemon such as a Psychic or Ghost type.

Zesters Alter Ego (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot
Ugh, the name character limit isn't a fan of my desire for correct grammar.  Anyway.  Special Lucario provides a much-needed way to get past physical walls.  It also takes neutral damage to fairy and psychic moves (But probably won't survive two psychics in a row from something decent, kek).  Aura Sphere does reliable damage, even without a Nasty Plot.  Oh, yeah, Nasty Plot.  Nasty Plot doubles his great Special Attack stat (Obviously), allowing him to go to town on everything he outspeeds.  Flash Cannon smacks fairy types in the face if Toxicroak fails, which are a big thorn in this team's side.  Unboosted, it THKOs both common variants of the nemesis of fighting types, Togekiss.  Dark Pulse destroys most psychic types, plus ghost types as a bonus, who aren't a real problem for this team anyway.  Steadfast is more useful than Justified on this set because attack boosts aren't needed.  Speed boosts can only help.  Luc's mediocre base 90 speed does set him back against faster threats, though, mainly choice scarf users.  Life Orb boosts his offensive presence even higher, but it doesn't help to keep him alive.

Rawr (Infernape) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake
I like mixed sweepers.  Who doesn't?  Alright, probably lots of people...The need for another Pokemon that could attack on the special side arose, and who else to hand the job to than Mixape?  Fire Blast nails steel types who have low special defense, or are immune or take neutral damage from fighting attacks.  Aegislash, I'm looking at you.  Close Combat is the main move on this set to spam, and has more power and better accuracy than Fire Blast.  Grass Knot hits the omnipresent bulky water types like Suicune and Swampert.  And Groudon, I guess.  Earthquake is the best option for dealing with Chandelure and Victini, who give this team some trouble.  Blaze is chosen over Iron Fist because, well, no moves that benefit from it are used on this set.  Life Orb makes sure Infernape has the extra power to land those KOs.

Eat my Face (Machamp) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
The last Pokemon on this team is a little bit different from the rest.  Instead of being focused on damage, Assault Vest Machamp takes those special hits for the team.  Dynamic Punch is the spammable move on this set, with a 100% chance of confusion and 100% accuracy thanks to No Guard.  Knock Off hits ghost types, and this team appreciates Leftovers gone from the opposing team as well.  Stone Edge is nice for hitting Bug and Flying types super effectively, and also has 100% accuracy.  Bullet Punch is good for taking out weakened threats, since Machamp is a bit on the slow side.

And that's it.  I'd appreciate them feedbacks on how to improve it.  Thanks.  :^)
The Penguinari of Sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Conquest RMT] Fighting - Warriors of the Lost World

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:13 am

tl;dr team lacks swag

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated-shiny/701.gif

Bad as Hog (Hawlucha) (M) @ Power Herb
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Sky Attack

Use Hitmonlee instead. Because, if Sky Attack does not kill/flinch or missed, Hawlucha is up there for a free turn of targeting. Also the fact that Hawlucha is not that strong, you always need to find space to SD/ Sky Attack, making it niche. Since you used Adamant and if my memory isn't sucking, Base 105's outspeed you. And to say the fraility of Hawlucha ( Even thou Hitmonlee is as Frail). To say, I prefer Hitmonlee over this spot, but it's your call.

If you're gonna use Hitmonlee :

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat/High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Fake Out activates Normal Gem, also possibly breaking sashes or sturdies. Close Combat is the primary STAB move, trust the Hitmonlee is so frail the drops are worth it. Or Hi Jump Kick for that extra 15BP power in exchange to roll the 90% acc dice. If you're using HJK anyways, take the 4HP ev and put it somewhere, so that you can miss twice if the opponet doesn't attack you. Knock Off is for Psychic types and Ghost types you can't hit. Stone Edge/Rock Slide is to cover off Burd weaknesses.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:28 am

First of all

Idk (Medicham) (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

16 HP EVs ensure that Mega Medicham will always survive a Quick Attack from Mega Pinsir.

Toxicroak. . . Nnngh. Scarfed or even fast Ground type moves means death.

Infernape. . . I can't really tell what's going on with that.

Um. . . Otherwise I think your team works, though I'd like to see some actual calcs with the two Pokémon I've marked as dubious (Infernape and Toxicroak).

The team doesn't seem to have much anti-flying, and I am curious as to your neglect of Breloom, which is quite an asset for Fighting. I'd like to have a battle against this team some time to see how it acts on the field.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Penguinari of Sweg on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Well, uh, I will admit this team has improved with the addition of Hitmonlee.  It does destroy leads.  The only problem is this team now crumbles to Sand Rush Excadrill since nothing outspeeds it now with the loss of unburden Hawlucha.  Ekek.  I'll see what I can do.

And I went without Breloom because...well, I really didn't need more flying weakness.

It's a weird team, I know.
The Penguinari of Sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Ok.

First off, there's no reason at all anymore to use Mega Medicham anymore because Mega Gallade is just way better. However, since we're playing CQ and you're allowed access to the stupidly-powerful Mega Lucario or the outrageous Mega Blaziken, I don't understand why you're not abusing them.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz / Blaze Kick / Fire Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Protect

So ya, if you're going to be playing as a Lord, there's no reason not to use these. There are more edits I would make to this team but I don't have time. Might come back later and edit, idk.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:18 pm

To help with Flying types, I'd suggest making your Infernape into a Sashed suicide lead. 

Rawr (Infernape) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Vacuum Wave

You still get some special attack, but you can at least set up SR on Flying types. Taunt allows Infernape to make use of its great speed stat to prevent another lead from setting up, and Vacuum Wave allows you to get in at least one hit before falling (without weather). Flamethrower provides coverage and still hits really hard.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:21 pm

Blue Kitteh wrote:To help with Flying types, I'd suggest making your Infernape into a Sashed suicide lead. 

Rawr (Infernape) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Vacuum Wave

You still get some special attack, but you can at least set up SR on Flying types. Taunt allows Infernape to make use of its great speed stat to prevent another lead from setting up, and Vacuum Wave allows you to get in at least one hit before falling (without weather). Flamethrower provides coverage and still hits really hard.
Recommending Overheat > Flamethrower due to its nature as a Suicide lead; you'll probably get one hit off at most.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top