The things I learned from ASOR were... (a magical cookie experience sharing thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The things I learned from ASOR were... (a magical cookie experience sharing thread)

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:15 pm

This thread is for putting anything you have learned from the new ASOR games. They can be funny, serious, depressing, cheering, anything at all! Don't make anything inappropriate, though. It can be from any part of the story, even if you're not done, or if you have finished the Dex.

So, i'll begin.
The things I learned from ASOR were...
-bring plenty of Revives
-leveling Pokemon is hard
-being taunted by Suicune is not fun. And not the kind of taunt you're thinking of. The kind of taunt that comes from 3-PokeBall-shakes-then-break-free kind of taunt
-if you want to catch all the legends in PokeBalls...stick to it. Catching them in Premier or Great Balls makes you feel depressed
-Mega Evolving your Sceptile in a battle against Aerodactyl is no recommended
-do not rely on Primal Kyogre for an Origin Pulse/Ice Beam sweep when you challenge the Elite Four again
-do not spend half an hour looking for girl Girafarig on Mirage Spots
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The things I learned from ASOR were... (a magical cookie experience sharing thread)

Post by Candiies on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:29 pm

Well... I'm bored.
-Brendan and May are still being shipped even though they sat so far apart on that bench (Dammit, y u no make my pokemon otp be real, nintendo?)
-Pre-rematch Megagross can eat an earthquake from a level 68 Sandslash like it's a damn cookie
-Mega Rayquaza can OHKO Megagross in E4 rematch with flamethrower, no super training
-Catching Deoxys without master ball will take years
-Buying 99 ultraballs and 50 timerballs is the best way to catch any legendary
-It's still hard to catch legendaries when they're on 1hp and asleep
-Mega Beedrill is badass
-Sharpedo is the Sanic of surfing
-Kyogre isn't actually that big
-Apparently Absols have a Life Orb factory or something
-I still hate Pikachu
Candiies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The things I learned from ASOR were... (a magical cookie experience sharing thread)

Post by Dragonite99 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:16 pm

Other things i recently learned:

-i found the Dog Trio as well as Lugia, caught Thunderous just today
-found an Absol (been looking for one forever)
-you only really need to play Head It in Pokemon Amie to get any PokePuffs
-i forgot where the Scorched Slab is x.x

btw, Candlles, catching 1HP sleeping legends (the Catch Rate 3 ones) is harder than catching one at 1/4 health (low yellow) with no status. Yeah. I did my catch rate research. Razz
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:45 pm

I learned what type Numel was. Sad
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismesis 413 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:10 am

I learned that Nuzleaf is a good team member.
Gyarados is a HM slave.
Don't stick your hand fa into the hole.
Kismesis 413

View user profile http://sparknotes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:08 pm

Here, allow me

-Azelf is a complete and total jerk
-Always, always carry a kajillion Ultra Balls and something with Thunder Wave
-It will be a bad habit to make Water-types into HM Slaves
-Scorched Slab is on Route 119
-Your hand will be eaten by certain unreleased hyperspace abusers
-Celebi's probably hiding somewhere
-Use your Master Ball on Deoxys.
-The Master Ball's in the evil hideout.
-Force-feeding your Metagross Rare Candies to get to Reshiram/Zekrom is a good idea
-You will need Pokemon Bank.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera (Pichu) on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Fun fact: If you throw a Pokeball at a Pokemon on the exact first turn (this may work with legends too) in rare cases, it will catch it, easy as pie. Tell me if it works or if it shakes, but doesn't work, I'm curious to get results. ouo
Vera (Pichu)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Sure feels that way. Another fact:

If you have a bunch of Oran berries growing all around, by riding around with and egg and collecting/replanting, you can sell the berries and get a hefty sum, hatch the egg, and I feel it shortents hatch time slightly.
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Vera (Pichu) wrote:Fun fact: If you throw a Pokeball at a Pokemon on the exact first turn (this may work with legends too) in rare cases, it will catch it, easy as pie. Tell me if it works or if it shakes, but doesn't work, I'm curious to get results. ouo

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but there's a mechanic called the 'Critical Capture', and there's a considerably rare chance that, when you attempt to catch something, the pokeball will leave a sparkly trail and make a whistling-ish noise as it flies through the air. The ball will then shake in midair after capturing the pokemon, and proceed to shake once on the ground before snapping shut. It's happened 2-3 times to me before, and I looked around on Reddit to see what it was the first time.

Was that it? If so, I'm glad to help! o3o
Candiies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:05 am

Candiies wrote:
Vera (Pichu) wrote:Fun fact: If you throw a Pokeball at a Pokemon on the exact first turn (this may work with legends too) in rare cases, it will catch it, easy as pie. Tell me if it works or if it shakes, but doesn't work, I'm curious to get results. ouo

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but there's a mechanic called the 'Critical Capture', and there's a considerably rare chance that, when you attempt to catch something, the pokeball will leave a sparkly trail and make a whistling-ish noise as it flies through the air. The ball will then shake in midair after capturing the pokemon, and proceed to shake once on the ground before snapping shut. It's happened 2-3 times to me before, and I looked around on Reddit to see what it was the first time.

Was that it? If so, I'm glad to help! o3o

actually, throwing a PokeBall at a Catch rate 3 Pokemon at full health has a 15.3% chance of capturing it

and yes, critical capture makes it slightly easier to catch a pokamon, as it only has to go through one shake check in stead of 3
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:26 am

Lati@s makes the perfect HM slave along with Azumarill.
Lati@s: Fly, Strength, Cut, Flash (Soar as well)
Azumarill: Dive, Surf, Waterfall, Rock Smash
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 am

i learned to expect that your goal of catching every legend in a PokeBall is going to be broken TT.TT and, uh, bring lots of Premier Balls if you got the cash to buy 10 PokeBalls multiple times

i also learned that Deoxys is frail-super frail. even frailer than when a Level 70 Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent killed a level 80 Deoxys x.x
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:48 pm

From Pokemon, I learned what Charcoal was. Razz
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top