The Age of Thunder ((An Electric RMT))

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Age of Thunder ((An Electric RMT))

Post by Wolfemblemstudios on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:53 pm

Here is the doc with all the information.

So, please give feedback!
Edit: Just set the doc to View. Sorry, to anyone who tried earlier, and couldn't access it.
Wolfemblemstudios
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Age of Thunder ((An Electric RMT))

Post by Ivysnake on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 am

I like the sets, the team seems pretty solid, just watch out for gravity teams. They bring you down and spam E-quake XD ((well, it's not funny from your perspective))

I don't really see the point of wide lens on Galvantula, since compound eyes boost it enough where you wouldn't exactly need another boost. mental herb or a sash could work if you deal with pranksters, especially ones with Encore ((looks over at Whimsicott))

((I'll update later if I notice something else))
Ivysnake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfemblemstudios on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:20 am

I just did the calculations on the compound eyes Thunder. 91% accurate if I did it right. I would agree that wide lens is not necessary, so I will change to mental herb.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Wolfemblemstudios
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivysnake on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:01 am

Not saying that the %9 will not possibly effect the outcome of a battle, just saying that taunt and encore could ruin your team, especially if you're relying on sticky web to slow down opponents to let Live Wire ((Love the name)) and Pikachu ((forgot the name)) to attempt to sweep easier.
Ivysnake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chleg on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm sorry, but Eelektross is absolutely necessary in an Electric mono. Eelektross has Levitate, making no weaknesses for a start. Eelektross also has Drain Punch AND Coil, making Eelektross a possible bulky sweeper. You can also use rest but.. thats not necessary.
Chleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivysnake on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Well, seeing as he already has air balloon Magnezone and a rotom-wash ((which is already better than Elektross)) I don't see the possibility of Elektross even being useful.

With electrivire, it is already an effective sweeper, but the fact that you have to deal with a 50 base speed just isn't useful at all, especially since coil doesn't increase speed. it barely has the physical movepool to actually make use of it. ((And I won't even begin to describe how horrible a rest set would be)) the fact that a bulky ground, most ghosts, and especially Golurk would beat that set, it seems redundant to even consider using it.
Ivysnake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfemblemstudios on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm

For eelektross I ran drain punch , coil , t-wave , and aqua tail
With a sitrus berry.

I also like acrobatics on him but I went with aqua tail for ground coverage.

Ultimately, my other pokemon had shown more use, so he was sacked for pikachu.
Wolfemblemstudios
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bote on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:47 pm

First of all, I don't understand why you are not using Pikachu-bella. Getting rid of Brick Break for avalanche gives you strong coverage and volt tackle can just be replaced with Tpunch, still doing puns of dmg. Mater of fact, Pikachu-bella even outclasses Zekrom because Light ball is basicly a huge power. (atleast I think thats how it works) I'll talk about replacements for Zekrom in a bit

Also the use of mental herb on Galvantula is really not need, just put on a life orb, or don't even use Galvantula because there is no real reason to use Galvantula on electric besides sticky webs, and most electric mons are already extremely fast for its tier. I'll talk about a replacement for Galvantula also later.

Use Volt Switch instead of Discharge on Rotom-W, and WOW instead of Toxic. Protect isn't needed, use pain split. This allows your Rotom-W to do its job and wall things.

Your magnazone set is...Something else. Here are some proper mono sets for magnazone that you could use on your electric mono.

Put a scarf of Electivire instead of Band, Otherwise you're team is going to be weak to pokes that have scarfs on them.

Now for your legend spot, you don't have a defensive wall, so I recomend the following zapdos set:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge/Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic/Heat Wave

Zapdos makes a very strong core with Rotom-W, as those 2 pokes can basicly wall any phyiscal threat (Zapdos) or Special Threat (Rotom). If you want to look at the core in more detail read this

If you decide to use Zapdos, instead of using Galvantula use a special Eleketross. If there is a better special poke that outclasses Galvantula you can use that, but Special Eleketross is the only think I could think of.

Now, alternatively you could use Thunderus for a more offensive approach. You would use a phyiscal Elektross instead and the set you would find Here Honestly I would use Zapdos over Thunderus just so I could have defog support, but your choice
bote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:58 am

SubCoil is definitely Eelektross's best set. Using anything except SubCoil is pretty much wasting your time. I recommend:

Eelektross @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpD
Sassy / Careful Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Zap Cannon / Wild Charge / ThunderPunch
- Drain Punch

Come in on some slow wall and set up a sub to avoid status / Leech Seed / something that isn't gonna break your sub. Start setting up Coil as they begin to panic because you're behind a sub and they're forced to either try to break it or switch out, giving you some turns to set up. Zap Cannon is what I run to spread status, as at +2 accuracy from Coil it never misses and hits hard even uninvested due to huge base power. Drain Punch is actually your main attack here and the one you'll be spamming most of the time, primarily for the recovery.

Run a Careful Nature if you would rather use Wild Charge or ThunderPunch over Zap Cannon; you'll lose your status spreading job, but as an Electric-Mono, it's likely you'll have anther team member to do that. Simply down to preference. Stick with Sassy if you want to run Zap Cannon.

And yes, this pretty much takes a page right out of my favorite SubBulkUp Gallade set.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top