[OC] Rhy, the Pokemon Trainer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[OC] Rhy, the Pokemon Trainer.

Post by Rhymor on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Name: Rhy
Notable Accomplishments: Victor of the Unova Pokemon League
Born: Undella Town

Gives a slight idea of what he looks like. Although he has brown hair.

Born in the Unova region, Rhy set out on his adventure so that he would never end up the way his parents had: living a lazy, boring life fulfilling boring, lazy jobs without any excitement in their life. Naturally inquisitive and interested in Pokemon, Rhy set out on his journey the day he turned ten years old. Rather than being a brand new trainer, however, it has been nearly a decade for the Pokemon Trainer. Seasoned, battle-tested, and just as passionate as he was the day he began his journey, Rhy now ventures throughout the Pokemon World in search of glorious new discoveries to help with Professor Juniper's studies and experiments.

Usual Team:

Infernape:
When Rhy originally set out on his journey, he was little more than a lazy kid that just wanted an out. Rather than ending up like his parents, boring and stagnant, Rhy took up the mantle of a Pokemon Trainer and set out into the world, but not before being gifted the Pokemon Chimchar. Originally, Chimchar was a shy and nervous Pokemon and both Rhy and Chimchar were good for one another. Chimchar helped Rhy become motivated and driven while Rhy showed Chimchar that there was more to him and that there was no reason for him to be shy. Now there are few times where Rhy isn't accompanied by Infernape, always ready to share a laugh or do something extremely dangerous together. When Infernape fights, Rhy doesn't even speak - it is rumored that their bond is so close that they just inherently know what to do next in a synergetic silence.

Moves: Flare Blitz, Taunt, Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, Close Combat, Bulk Up, Brick Break, Flame Thrower, Fire Blast, Flame Charge, Overheat, Power-Up Punch.

Gliscor:
Early in his travels, Rhy happened upon a Gligar that was brutally wounded from an encounter with a rampaging Nidoking. If left alone, the Gligar wouldn't have made it through the night. Without thinking twice, Rhy scooped the Pokemon up off the ground and wrapped him in his jacket only to run as fast as he could towards the closest Pokemon Center in the area. After running nonstop for three miles, the Gligar was put into intensive care and Rhy passed out from exhaustion. When he awoke, Nurse Joy was happy to inform him that Gligar was going to make a full recovery. Upon the Pokemon's recovery, it was attached to Rhy and ran its head into one  of Rhy's Pokeball's willingly. That was then and now that Gligar had since evolved into a powerful, poisonous Gliscor that flies through the air at top speeds to meet and destroy any of the enemies that would stand in Rhy's way.

Moves: Guillotine, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Jab, Harden, Acrobatics, X-Scissor, Sky Uppercut, Toxic, Venoshock, Aerial Ace, Hone Claws.

Greninja:
After entering the Pokemon League in the Unova Region, Rhy wasted absolutely no time in boarding a ship and heading to the Kalos Region. Upon getting there, a battling contest was being held with the grand prize of the rare and sought after Froakie. Without even breaking a sweat, Rhy devoured the competition with his arsenal of Pokemon from the Unova Region. Although, the only two of the group that he had ever truly bonded with were his Gliscor and Infernape. Without a second thought, Rhy quickly replaced his Blastoise with Froakie. The two were quick to become friends due to their driven and limit-breaking attitudes. Now each morning, Rhy and Greninja wake up early to go to any nearby source of water and to practice Tai Chi and Greninja's own martial arts.

Moves: Night Slash, Quick Attack, Lick, Water Pulse, Smokescreen, Shadow Sneak, Spikes, Feint Attack, Water Shuriken, Double Team, Haze, Hydro Pump, Surf.

Salamence:
When crossing through the mountains of the Kalos Region, Rhy was surely surprised when he heard the bellowing cry of a Bagon that was trying to fly as it dove off the cliff face and was headed straight towards him with his plated head first. He was hit without any time to react and was quickly carried to the nearest Pokemon Center by his Infernape. While they specialize in Pokemon, the local Nurse Joy was able to handle his injuries and get him back on his feet after a week of recovery. Upon leaving, the Bagon was waiting outside with cracks in the plated skull that protected itself. It appeared that in the wake of hurting Rhy, it began trying harder and harder to fly than before. Without any bad intentions, Rhy forgave the Pokemon and told him that he would one day fly if he grew stronger, and that he would help him grow stronger if he wanted. Soon after, Rhy began training the new addition to his team of Pokemon and caring for it until the day it became strong enough to evolve into a Shelgon and soon after into a Salamence. Now Rhy travels throughout the world on the back of his Salamence, who would fly around the world without stopping if Rhy asked it to.

Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Rage, Headbutt, Protect, Dragon Breath, Zen Headbutt, Fly, Crunch, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Hyper Beam, Flame Thrower, Fire Blast, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Swagger, Roar, Hone Claws

Mawile:
Venturing to the Hoenn Region brought plenty of new competition and friendly faces, but none were as friendly as the woman named Kira that had happened to befriend. While they never truly spent more than a week or so together, Rhy found his time with her at Dewford Town to be exceptionally rewarding. In the renowned Granite Cave just north of the town, Rhy found and captured a Mawile purely because the Pokemon itself fascinated him. Much to his surprise, the Pokemon turned out being far more useful than he could have ever anticipated. Quickly the Mawile earned a place within Rhy's team and has remained there ever since cleaving and barreling through his enemies with little to no remorse. The only downside that Rhy had ever found to having Mawile with him was the horrible attitude Mawile had towards other Trainers and Pokemon, regardless of how friendly they were to her.

Moves: Play Rough, Iron Head, Vice Grip, Crunch, Iron Defense, Sucker Punch, Ice Beam, Frustration, Torment, Flash Cannon.

Gallade:
At some point while venturing throughout the Hoenn region, Rhy happened upon a brutalized Ralts that was struggling to continue forwards, pushing itself to keep moving even though it was exhausting and wounded. It was no surprise that the Ralts was easily discarded and thought little of: it was a male. Throughout all the fads that had come and gone throughout the Pokemon World, few surpassed the necessity for so many to obtain a female Ralts to raise as a Gardevoir for various competitions. However, this Ralts had spunk and that was something that could be looked upon with admiration by any Pokemon Trainer worth their salt. Instead of abandoning the wounded Pokemon, Rhy graciously tried to help it, much to the Ralts' chagrin. It took a while, but finally Rhy got it to allow him to carry it to a Pokemon Center so that it would get the treatment it needed. Afterwards, for quite some time, the Ralts lingered around Rhy, following him throughout his adventures in the Hoenn region until it finally approached the Pokemon Trainer, wanting a battle. The two battled, a ploy so that the Ralts could maintain its dignity while also wanting to be caught. Ever since, Rhy has cared for the Ralts, training it as a part of his family with care until the day that it evolved and continued growing stronger, eventually becoming a gallant and inquisitive Gallade.

Moves: Aerial Ace, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Drain Punch, Hypnosis, Leaf Blade, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Psychic, Psycho Cut, Trick Room, Zen Headbutt
Rhymor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [OC] Rhy, the Pokemon Trainer.

Post by Lefty The Mawile on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:17 am

Wow, I really find the backstory very cool, I also like how you explained how your OC met the pokemon on team, such a detailed backstory deserves....10/10
Lefty The Mawile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhymor on Mon May 11, 2015 1:48 am

Super late response is late. Appreciate the kind words. Thank you.
Rhymor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Thu May 14, 2015 12:34 am

Wow dude! How did I /not/ know about your awesome OC?! It makes me wanna do mine now :V Once again, epic OC, it's one of the best I've seen so far!
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phœnix Wright on Sat May 16, 2015 4:36 pm

The amount of detail here is amazing. I rarely see you around, ya controversy magnet, but when I do iz gud fun.

One of my few criticisms is that you've mentioned a canon character in his backstory. That's an iffy area; I mean, it's better because it's easy to explain that a professor would do that (as in every main-series entry ever) and world-travelling is cool, but... just be careful. I've done in a few otherwise good-things-going like that. It should be all well and good as long as you don't imply 'where he is now' is any particular region. Think about it: If you say "this is Hoenn", then you've just decided for EVERYONE in the room that they're all also in Hoenn. It may seem small, but affecting everyone on such a large scale is hurtful and is generally ignored, which can be frustrating if your story hinges upon it.

I like that you allow the Pokémon to have more than four moves. I agree with you on this; that's more likely a game mechanic than a thing you actually have to look out for while writing.

Also, you get ten bonus points for saying 'chagrin'.

Phœnix Wright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [OC] Rhy, The Pokemon Trainer.

Post by eNdErPaChIrIsU♥ on Tue May 26, 2015 6:16 pm

Oh my, much words, much info.

BTW, Nice OC. Keep up the good work.

-----------------

Thanks, Articuno!
eNdErPaChIrIsU♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhymor on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Phœnix Wright wrote:
The amount of detail here is amazing. I rarely see you around, ya controversy magnet, but when I do iz gud fun.

One of my few criticisms is that you've mentioned a canon character in his backstory. That's an iffy area; I mean, it's better because it's easy to explain that a professor would do that (as in every main-series entry ever) and world-travelling is cool, but... just be careful. I've done in a few otherwise good-things-going like that. It should be all well and good as long as you don't imply 'where he is now' is any particular region. Think about it: If you say "this is Hoenn", then you've just decided for EVERYONE in the room that they're all also in Hoenn. It may seem small, but affecting everyone on such a large scale is hurtful and is generally ignored, which can be frustrating if your story hinges upon it.

I like that you allow the Pokémon to have more than four moves. I agree with you on this; that's more likely a game mechanic than a thing you actually have to look out for while writing.

Also, you get ten bonus points for saying 'chagrin'.

Referencing the Professor as a living entity within the world is something of a necessity, I think. For the simple fact that there's a difference between Joe-Shmoe the Pokemon Trainer and an actual Pokemon Trainer who is actually out there doing more than simple battling and gathering. He's out there doing research or attempting to help with the research of a Professor, albeit probably in vain. As for referencing where he currently was at that time, it can change at any time. It was more of a throwback due to OR/AS coming out at the time and kind of lending towards that. Of course, his current place doesn't matter considering that a well traveled, well learned, and successful Trainer would be able to get around the world rather easily.
Rhymor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top