Custom Of the Week!

Go down

Custom Of the Week!

Post by Shan Elarial on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:14 am

I propose that every week on friday, we have a vote on the best custom of the week. If people want there customs up for vote, it must have ran at least once that week and the CREATOR must submit it, nobody else. Whoever's custom wins gets acknowledgement- (and whatever else the staff decides to do). I also want it because i'd hope it encourages people to break from the FR-MM-CQ cycle in the main, and not just head straight to amphy.

A faithful RPer-Shan
Shan Elarial

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Of the Week!

Post by MeatNoob on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:20 am

I have some questions for this, if it ever gets accepted (which I doubt).
One - Even in a crowded room like this, what if there will be no custom entries? There won't be a bountiful 10 RPs with high quality ready to be served.
Two - What's the point if that custom will only be played for a week, and then abandoned like the constant hype trains of new and old video game franchises?
Three - Why do this when most customs are directed to Amphy instead?
MeatNoob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan Elarial on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:03 am

Well, One- Most people have customs to give.

Two-Customs dont have to be abandoned just because it didnt get picked, it is simply just an vote to see which custom everyone likes the most

Three-Because, do you really want half our room in amphy, because there bored of the same cycle.Which, people complain about constantly

Nerd cyclops
Shan Elarial

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope Skie on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:03 pm

TBH, there are so many different types of customs, it's hard to put them all into the same category. For example, I present you:
http://bit.ly/OneCentCats
and
http://bit.ly/OneCentGarden

Vastly, vastly different. Both made by the same person, yes, but you can't put them in the same category. One's freeform and the other's an adventure-style, DnDish RP.

penelope skie | elise reinharte | shitty mod person | art credits to me lol

Penelope Skie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan Elarial on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Well, no custom should ever be the same, other wise its a variant. And if its a variant, the original creator of the RP has final say on whether to send his custom in for approvel or not.
Shan Elarial

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeatNoob on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Shan Elarial wrote:Well, One- Most people have customs to give.

Two-Customs dont have to be abandoned just because it didnt get picked, it is simply just an vote to see which custom everyone likes the most

Three-Because, do you really want half our room in amphy, because there bored of the same cycle.Which, people complain about constantly

Nerd  cyclops

For the first answer, well, "answer" because technically you didn't respond to it.
Secondly, 'abandoned' customs would most likely either runner up for the weekly poll again, or just dont go on because the hosts of the custom obviously know that they probably won't get enough votes because of a valid reason.
Lastly, I need to mention that you can be in 2 rooms at once. They can still do two RPs at the same time. Also, it's unlikely that you're going to play 3 customs in a row, or even, get custom priority in the main Roleplaying room.
So, no, I don't think this should be implemented into the Roleplaying room.
MeatNoob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan Elarial on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Well, i think that abandoned customs should show up. we want new idea's, not the same idea's just remade. Abandoned customs wont magically end up "runner up" as i stated, the people vote for it, and if they dont like it, then oh well. And, i know we can be in two rooms at once, but if you like neither of the RP's there, then whats the point. And, ik its unlikely that people will try and vote for three customs in a row, but, at least try to attract some diversity. We dont wanna be remember'd as the room that only does 3 rp's and 1 other different one if were lucky. And, im not aiming toward custom priority in the main, its fine being in amphy. I feel like this would make a great addition to the Roleplaying room, to encourage people to break from the same cycle, and try something new for once. Have you even noticed the amount of people that complain about FR-MM-CQ. its a sign that we need to try something different.
Shan Elarial

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope Skie on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:59 pm

MeatNoob wrote:Also, it's unlikely that you're going to play 3 customs in a row.

...Have you seen amphy this weekend?
Penelope Skie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeatNoob on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Penelope Skie wrote:
MeatNoob wrote:Also, it's unlikely that you're going to play 3 customs in a row.

...Have you seen amphy this weekend?
I meant this in main, not amphy. Just clarification.
MeatNoob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Goto Amphy for custom running, and just pm a mod before a poll goes up, and call custom priority.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambri on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:04 am

I don't think there is a reason to make a "Custom For The Week". I'm sure everyone can host their Custom RP at one point in AmphyRP. If you cannot host a custom in your AmphyRP, we now have another solution: The RP Forums! Yes, very exciting! Simply just go to the Roleplaying, make your RP, and wait for people to join your RP. Smile
Cambri

View user profile http://espurr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum