Name Change to Avoid Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Name Change to Avoid Death

Post by MoniStar on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:36 am

This post is about ideas or something that we could maybe come up with, concerning the idea that people just change their names, with the excuse "Name A" died, not "Name B", when they, for example, Lose as a knight and get killed.

I understand that it's very hard to notice if they change names completely, but completely obvious ones get away, as there is no way to do it.

I also understand that, once they can't use the Obvious name, they will just change to a different name again... But I feel like we need some sort of ruling on it... As people can't do anything about it, and people get away with dying many many times in Conquests.

You may all just think this is a stupid issue, not worth the hassle and completely pointless, but it happens a lot, And I thought it was at least worth bringing up..

Feel Free to just delete this thread or ignore it should you deem it stupid.

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Name Change to Avoid Death

Post by PurplePeahen on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Hm, now if someone were to get killed, it would be because they had given permission, no? There is the exception of knights attempting to conquer a kingdom, but surely they know the risks? o.o"?
That aside, I think name-changing should not be allowed. It's unfair, really. A major threat on the field is finally dead? Nope, he brought himself back to life with a different name. Once again, there is a giant threat on the field.
Then again, even if name-changing wasn't allowed, somebody could easily do it, nobody would know. (They could disguise themselves well? o.o")
I doubt this will be banned, it's just too hard to keep up with everyone.

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:31 am

this side of view:Yep name changing IS unfair imo, since you can actually conquer another warlord by counter teaming...i experienced that one time...i made this certain person my knight i battled him for knighthood, eventually i tried to conquer *insert certain kingdom here*. I didn't actually lose. Eventually I accidentally found out that my knight and the lord of the kingdom I conquered are one..
this other side of view: They're original characters, they're different people, so I can use them, right?
the counter suggestion: we shouldn't allow OC in CQ so 'the other side of view' wouldn't have a point, but its hard to keep track of players ovo
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:41 am

one\", Allyson(Ninetales)" wrote:this side of view:Yep name changing IS unfair imo, since you can actually conquer another warlord by counter teaming...i experienced that one time...i made this certain person my knight i battled him for knighthood, eventually i tried to conquer *insert certain kingdom here*. I didn't actually lose. Eventually I accidentally found out that my knight and the lord of the kingdom I conquered are one..
this other side of view: They're original characters, they're different people, so I can use them, right?
the counter suggestion: we shouldn't allow OC in CQ so 'the other side of view' wouldn't have a point, but its hard to keep track of players ovo

Not allowing OCs in CQ..? ono;
That is really drastic. And what do you mean about no OC? Would you really like all people in CQ to act like robots?

Skye (Flying Queen): grass lord cq
Lily (Grass Lady): k send me battle request

This will most certainly not increase the RPing in CQ. Right now, there are those attempting to implement more RPing in CQ.
I, for one, love RPing in CQ and using my many OCs. Removing the ability to have OCs is.. a killjoy to those with CQ OCs.

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:04 pm

Alting to avoid death is against the rules. Of course, it's also hard for the mods/host to catch. If you become aware that someone is alting, please notify the host. If they do not respond correctly, make a Driver or Moderator aware.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top