Articuno's allies - Ice Mono CQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Articuno's allies - Ice Mono CQ

Post by Chleg on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Be aware that I am open for idea's If something you think could be changed, then please comment.

FIRST GLANCE

DEFENSIVE

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Earthquake

Avalugg is VITAL in all Ice mono's, it is the only one that can tank physical Fighting, Steel and Rock. It's EV's minimize physical damage with Leftovers recovering some. Recover is to recover yourself, duh? Rapid Spin is to remove those Rocks due to being weak to Stealth Rock. Avalanche is to deal more damage since Avalugg won't be out speeding anyone today. Earthquake is to hit Steel and Rock types. Sturdy is pointless in most cases unless encased with a 1v1. Own Tempo is even worse and Icy Body does not help my team due to lacking of Hail.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover

Cryogonal is at the opposite end of Avalugg, the SPECIAL wall of Ice (besides the legendary Articuno) with Toxic, to simply stall with Recover. Freeze-Dry is vital to hit the Water Types, since Water is resistant to Ice. Leftovers are vital to keep Cryogonal alive even though it is not as important as Avalugg. Pair Cryogonal with Avalugg and you have the walls covered.

OFFENSIVE

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Alright, Mamoswine the king of Ice, Mamoswine has an astonishing 130 base Atk, reaching 394 Atk. Mamoswine has the epic typing of Ground/Ice as well which NOTHING can resist.. except Levitate Bronzong. Ice Shard is your priority STAB with your 2 main STAB's. Rock Slide is to defeat the Flying or Fire types which are neutral to Ice or Ground.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Cloyster, my lead. Now you may say "Why would you put Cloyster as your lead?". Most people try to set up rocks first, while I can set up a Shell Smash and possibly lead off to an amazing start, possibly 6-0. Rock Blast is to hit the Fire types easily. Icicle Spear and Rock Blast are used to use it's nice ability, Skill Link. Focus Sash is to force Cloyster to hit at least 1 Shell Smash. Ice Shard is just priority in case your opponent also has priority.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Weavile is one of the threats in Ice, due to being an amazing revenge killer Eg. Being faster than Greninja. Weavile also has access to Swords Dance and Low Kick, to hit those Steels especially since Steel is one heavy type. Weavile has Knock Off which is one of the best moves in the game, if not then it is. Ice Shard has nice priority over Ice Punch to hit the scarfers.

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fusion Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
- Earth Power

This is just easy to explain and you will see why.. Dragon Pulse for STAB, Earth Power for Rock, Psychic for Fighting and Fusion Flare for Steel. Choice Scarf for extra speed. Modest because it outspeeds timid base 80's with scarf.

Again, I am free for suggestions!
Chleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Articuno's allies - Ice Mono CQ

Post by Endurr on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:57 pm

Wow! It's a great team by far, only have a few suggestions for you: Kyurem is down right amazing, however, I would run the Specs Kyu, due to it having the hardest hitting Draco Meteor (Even though you run Dragon Pulse) in the entire CQ/Monotype meta if I would remember... Anyways, Avalugg is an extreme wall however, you could try my wacky set:
Avalugg @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 20 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Curse
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
It takes advantage of Avalugg's low speed, and it's amazing defense, being able to wall and gain a attack boost from physical super effective moves. Curse lowers it speed and ups it's Attack and Defense. In some cases, it's able to sweep a mono Ice (Without Kyu-W, of course). Alright. those are enough of my suggestions, great team!
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chleg on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:55 am

I used Curse Avalugg before, I just didn't like it due to it's poor SpDef however, that is a great Avalugg nevertheless. I should try Specs Kyurem-W, friends said to me that is quite nice to use.

Thanks for the idea.
Chleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Use Sash SR Mamoswine > LO Mamoswine. Getting Rocks up is pretty much the only thing that's going to give you a chance against Fire, and is incredibly important to a team with scarfers like Kyu-W so that they can sweep without worrying about Sashes.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chleg on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:14 pm

In truth, I haven't had much of a problem with Fire due to Cloyster, but I will try that moveset in Ice, since I have used it before.
Chleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top