Conquest RMT~ Woey Jheeler's Watuh Team. (Knight/Lord Mostly knight.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conquest RMT~ Woey Jheeler's Watuh Team. (Knight/Lord Mostly knight.)

Post by Alpha on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:43 am

Introduction.

"Nyeh. Hey there folks. Woey Jheeler here bringing his Supah-cool Water Team to action.It doesn't have my Supah-cool Rattata though, and that makes me mad. Specifically a type of anger from Brooklyn.

The Team!

Swap Frog (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Protect
- Ice Beam/Toxic/Perish Song

Politoed is an important glue member to the team. Not only does it bring rain, it can also have utility against stopping setup sweepers, or forcing them out thanks to Encore. Maximum HP and DEF give it good bulk overall, which is important as it doesn't have any recovery except leftovers so keeping it healthy is a good idea. Scald hits decent, Protect allows you to scout your opponent's moves, get leftovers recovery, and stall for scald burns or any after turn effects. The last slot is slightly flexible, and it can be changed depending on the CQ your joining in. Ice beam works well against dragons and dents some grass types on the switch-in, Toxic is just a good stally move in general and allows Politoed to weaken walls, and Perish Song can be used as a force-out move.  Overall, Swap Frog here is good.

Substitoad (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak/Low Kick/Rock Slide

"WTF PHYSICAL GRENINJA? GET THAT SH*T OUTTA HERE!" Well, most of you may say that, and yes while Mixed has more kick or coverage to it, Physical Greninja is that hidden gem that can work when you need it. Gunk Shot literally gave its movepool a boost, along with low kick. Phys ninja can also manage to 2ko Chansey with Low Kick, or with Gunk and Poison with some prior damage. Waterfall is your main stab move, hits moderately hard and has the flinch chance. Gunk shot can allow you to resist grass moves, and can dent things like Rotom-W pretty hard and also deals with pesky fairies. Ice punch just brings a good amount of coverage to the table, while the last slot is flexible. Shadow Sneak allows you to capitalize on Breloom trying to mach you, Hawlucha trying to HJK your face, etc(When acro is probably gonna kill you anyway) and it just provides chip damage in general. Low kick on the other hand can absolutely 2ko Ferrothorn, Chansey, and other problematic mons with ease. Rock slide can be a decent-ish move, but Ice punch usually already hits the flying types harder.

Electric Virus (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump

Contrary to popular belief, Scarf WoW tom is actually a thing. That fast burn often can be a life saver against things like M-sala, Boosted Dragonite (+1), and other physical hitters. Volt Switch is pretty standard, grabbing you momentum, HP Ice or HP Fire can depend on the situation, and Hydro Pump is..Hydro Pump. This also acts as a check to things like Energy Ball Scarf Lure, which could be annoying once Tenta's gone.

Tin Goldfish (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
This little fishy here is really bulky. Not only does it get Volt Absorb, which allows me to deal with Electrics slightly easier, it also gets a plethora of status moves to annoy the opponent with. Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers, Toxic can neuter walls, and Scald can burn. Volt switch is there to keep the momentum. Overall this thing is a great pivot.

Swamp King (Swampert) (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
"Nyeh. Here's our main mega everyone, M-swampert!" Anyway, Mega Swampert is an underrated pokemon, since most people prefer (ScarfSpouters to Victory, or My little Calm Mind Pony) for their Legend/Mega slot. M-swamp brings a lot to the table. Electric Immunity, great bulk, and Swift Swim. The EVs are a work in progress atm, but that allows me to outspeed M-Sceptile as I mega. Protect is there to scout for attacks, and allows me to get my mega up safely, so that Swift Swim kicks in. Waterfall is standard, and has a flinch chance. EQ nabs important coverage and has stab, and Ice Punch hits a lot of mons hard.

Shocktopus (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel is our only grass neutral, and he sure does do a good job at it. Liquid Ooze deters Leech Seed and Giga Drain. Scald has moderate power and a high burn chance, Acid Spray is interesting as it forces switches, and acts like a Nasty Plot. Knock Off while bold may seem counterproductive, it's the utility of the move that counts, not the damage it deals. Rapid spin is there as this team can get worn out by hazards, especially since Poli has to switch in, Lanturn pivots, and the presence of Volt Switch. Overall, he has great mixed bulk and acts as another glue to this team.(Excellent SpD even with little investment.)

"So, thoughts?"

Last edited by Alpha on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos, Typos everywhere.)
Alpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Conquest RMT~ Woey Jheeler's Watuh Team. (Knight/Lord Mostly knight.)

Post by Alpha on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:14 am

Oh sorry, I just realized this is on the wrong thread. Can someone move it to Conquest Discussion please?
Alpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 am

tmi forgot to complete the " " at the sentence

As in my Politoed, I used a 252/252 Bold one with Toxic on the last spot. Perish Song was on my radar, due to it can force set-up sweepers out, but then I gave up on that since it's overly situational. And I didn't like Ice Beam, since it's really doing nothing. I liked Toxic, since it can slowly chip things down unless it's disgusting Steel and Poison types. Then try burning it with Scald.

Physical Greninja. Hm, would you believe it when I said I love it? Well, Shadow Sneak on the last spot gives those disgusting Mach Punch users something to guffaw about. It was fun. But, I don't really like a fully Physical Greninja. I always liked Ice Beam over Ice Punch, as Intimidate and Burn hinder these physical moves. I liked Low Kick, but I can live without it. I prefer having Hydro Pump on that slot.

tfw no trick on Rotom, HP Fire does 2HKO Ferro, but, meeeeh.

Compiling you have Physical Greninja and Megapert, I suggest you use Heal Bell on Lanturn. It's actually quite useful, despite I love Toxic on stall mons.

Swampert, ehh. I'll just keep that spread w/e. Outspeeds base 80 non speed boosting natures I guess.

I would have concentrated more SpD bulk on Tenta to function as a wall. And put 20 on Spe to outspeed stuff like non-Scarf Max speed Magnezone, and base 70 max speed's.

Trust me, I used Surskit on Water. I'm a genius.

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chleg on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:40 pm

I prefer U-Turn on Greninja to minimize damage on Greninja and create the famous Volt-Turn. You have to rely on Swampert way too much, especially with only 1 Politoed and nothing else to keep the Rain Dance going. You should swap Protect for Rain Dance since your opponent can easily get a free switch while you go protect. I prefer Gyarados > Rotom wash, yes you get the 4x weakness BUT, you can easily switch into Swampert since your opponent clearly goes for the Thunderbolt. Gyarados also has intimidate, which helps Swampert tank more physical moves while setting up it's ability duh. Gyarados also forces a lot of switches, I mean.. A LOT of switches so you can get a free Dragon Dance up, or you can Waterfall and when you can see his clear Thunderbolt action, go for Lanturn.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Last edited by Chleg on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot EV's)
Chleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:13 pm

I like the team, my only issue is that Politoed who is build Physically Bulky, Lanturn who is built Physically Bulky and Tentacruel who, while has Special Bulk already, is also build Physically Bulky.

Now I'm not a great battler, and this is your team which I have seen to really really well, but does the lack of a big Special Bulky Poke not inhibit you slightly? Maybe you should add one?

You probably know better then me, I just thought it was something I felt like saying

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chleg on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Well, Physical Tentacruel is really good when Physically bulky however, most Electric types are Special attackers and there is almost no reason to use Physical bulk on Lanturn in this case.
Chleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:17 am

You want Trick on Scarf Rotom since you have literally nothing on your team to break stall otherwise. At least with Trick you can cripple a wall, and most people won't see Scarf coming on a Wash Rotom and therefore won't switch away from (and will often switch into) it with a wall that you can cripple.

Other than that, Greninja is Uber now so have fun finding a replacement.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Galom wrote:You want Trick on Scarf Rotom since you have literally nothing on your team to break stall otherwise. At least with Trick you can cripple a wall, and most people won't see Scarf coming on a Wash Rotom and therefore won't switch away from (and will often switch into) it with a wall that you can cripple.

Other than that, Greninja is Uber now so have fun finding a replacement.

Greninja isn't banned from Mono or CQ just yet, Galom.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top