[Discussion Thread] Well well. How did you end up in the Roleplaying Room?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Discussion Thread] Well well. How did you end up in the Roleplaying Room?

Post by Growlly on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Well, Ex: (This is mine)
I started when I was using /me a lot in other rooms besides the RP room. So one day, I was muted and told "if you want to use the /me format, go to Roleplaying." I was curious and decided to check it out. I was Growlly then, and I just barged in, shooting everyone with a gun in FR. Banned by Skitty. <3 Then, after I was unbanned, I got to know more about the room, and here I am!

Post your stories! I'm eager to hear them!

:DDDD
Growlly

View user profile http://www.Idonthavealife.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: [Discussion Thread] Well well. How did you end up in the Roleplaying Room?

Post by The Penguinari of Sweg on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:59 pm

I wanted to make a Pokemon team for VGC 2014, but I was too lazy to make it in-game so I looked for other places. Then I found PS, battled a lot, and sucked. Then I saw the RP room, and I decided to see what it was all about because I'd never done RP before. Now I exist here. The end.
The Penguinari of Sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenephiliuss on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:38 pm

I don't really remember how I found the RP room, but I do remember my earliest memories of it and I guess how I came to be.

My friend first introduced me to the battles using his computer. I thought it was pretty cool, being able to make your own teams. Then I tried PS myself at home and soon I was learning that Pokemon had a competitive side that I never knew about. So of course I turned out to be a noob at battles and then went into the ubers tier with a team full of legends. I met this dude who started roleplaying in the battle chat and I just played along. It was so much fun for some reason.

Then I realized PS had chatrooms and I started casually scrolling through them until I found the Roleplaying room and realized it was exactly what I had done in that one battle. I roleplayed in MMs, Universities, and even Wildlife(freeroam at that time). I also made my first OC: Paul(Mawile). It was a fun place and I always enjoyed myself even if Wildlife lasted 12 hours. I saw people posting gijinkas and I thought they were all weirdos. Then I started learning more about the internet itself including memes, gifs, YouTube,  and that these anime people were called "weeaboos."

But of course, I was such a "troll" back then, as internet peoples would say. I would do inappropriate things and get muted/warned often. I remember peeing on people as the host of an MM and getting hourmuted because I didn't take roleplaying that seriously. God it was so bad. But that's not me anymore, luckily.

I could go on and on about the drama and how it all began, but to keep it short, I'll just stop right here.

Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballad of Space on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Welp, it was some kind of free day at the school, so I throw myself into the computer room.
The guy next to me was playing on Pokemon Showdown, so I'm all like, "Hey, what's that?"
--One quick explanation later--
So, I'm playing on here, not caring about all this IV and eevee nonsense, and then I realize I need an account for this kind of thing. So I made one.
Now, I kept losing these battles, so I do random battles (Legend guaranteed 80% of the time!). I scroll through the chatrooms. Lobby? Regretted my first visit there. Roleplayihg? ...Hell yeah.
At first, I godmodded without realizing it and nuked a city during freeroam. I eventually began to drift away from FR and discovered amphy. But, I needed to voice myself. I didn't know how at the time, so I began drifting from PS! entirely.
A while later, after scrolling through the website, I figured out how. So, I go, and encounter DnD. At that moment, I knew that amphy was where I belonged.
Ballad of Space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluegirl687 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:29 am

...Lux was kinda like "GO, DO IT!" While we were talking through Pokemon Showdown, which I actually barely went onto, let alone speak in the chatrooms. (I think I've posted a grand total of 10 messages, none of which were in the RP room)

Except... Well... He was much calmer about persuading me...

I think.
Bluegirl687

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shiny beldum on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:53 am

Well I was on Pokemon moon and these people in the cbox was saying "come play Pokemon showdown".So I searched up Pokemon showdown.Found it,and I battled.
–a couple battles later–
I was bored so I saw the rp chatroom.when I got on there it was saying visit official forum,so I clicked it.And I made an account started a rp and,that's it.
shiny beldum

View user profile http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mei13 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:48 am

I have a habit of surfing through Pokemon Database and Bulbapedia for, well, some irritating juniors in my school as well as myself. I have always been a Pokemon fanatic... since I was 4, I guess.
Well, I was looking at the Q/A thread when suddenly a link to a Pokemon Showdown replay came up. (Probably the question was "If Charizard uses Dig, would it be still hit by Earthquake?)
And I saw a 1v1 Battle Replay.
"Battle online? For real!?" I was pretty excited. So I just clicked the home page. A battle simulator...
Without delay, I joined PS! and made my brother, also a Pokemon fan, do the same.
And after a week of battling, I finally paid some attention to the chatrooms and Smogon. I needed friends, and some fun.
I was not made for Smogon. Neither was I made for the chatrooms. After looking at all the chatrooms, I clicked the Roleplaying one.
"RP! All right! I love RPing!"
And then came the Forum button. Without much hesitation I clicked on it.
After surfing through the site, I was just reminded of my past- I also used to be on a forum. And I was hellishly popular, and somewhat a good RPer. Most of my friends had left, and I left 7 months ago, so there's no point in going back.
So I registered... and that's how I ended up here, trying to fit in and RP my life out.
Mei13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:11 pm

I was new to PS, and exploring rooms, trying to find another to lurk in. And I found the RP room, which seemed decently interesting to me. At first, I only RP'd in Wildlife, and MM, until somebody finally told me that it wasn't freejoin... sigh. Still, times like those bring back fond memories~
I really should try RPing in more RPs.

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:03 pm

I've always had a thing for roleplaying, so my friend introduced me to the RP room! I didn't even know it existed then XD
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrazehBurnedToast on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 am

Well. At first I used to be part of Competitive Tutoring and Lobby. But then, while I was just scrolling through the list of chatrooms I see Roleplaying...

I'm guessing you can guess what happens next.

Me: *watches room for a bit to see how not to mess up and make a big fool of self*

*starts typing out first message... but then erases it and reads it over and over to make sure it doesn't sound stupid.*

*presses ENTER and the rest is pretty much history*
TheCrazehBurnedToast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curricull on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:57 am

Last year I was sleepy and stuff so I decided to go to PS! and battle to stay awake. I k ow PS has chatrooms but, I don't visit them much. On my Mincubus account I clicked on the roleplaying room and I saw a DnD playing so I joined the host of that DND is Rua and my first RP rival/friend was Gaara70(Banned now?).
Curricull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:45 am

How I came to the RP Room?
Well it was influence of my real life friend, his name in PS! is: Tenshi(Vaporeon)
we became friends from Boy Scout Camping and we both loved pokemon. we were at different schools, but we communicated through phone, I lost contact to him since I lost my old phone and I didn't memorize his number.
He invited me to participate in the Roleplaying Room since I always see him there when we battle for fun. I actually can open his account is PS!(and i already did a long time ago) but I don't want to anymore since his last message(through PS! the last time he was online) was to not open it, he also said goodbye I laughed at him since it was a funny joke, if it was. Rolling Eyes
I never think of Roleplaying as weird first time tho, I also got some bit of experience from seeing Tenshi there, watching him do stuff.
When I registered first time I input: Allyson(Ninetails), then I approached Galom(i thought: this person looks refined by his simple name, let's get halp from this guy if he was a guy lol! )...i kinda spammed him questions e.e, but he calmly gave me the Roleplaying Website(took me about 30minutes or so to read it, cuz reading english wasn't easy). I said to myself when I realized I misspelled Ninetales: "U suck bad, that misspell! baka! baka! baka! baka! baka! baka! idiot!". I re-registered to the right one: Allyson(Ninetales) and officially started to Roleplay, a while then I made a bunch of OCs like Sonny,Neon,Ryan, but I say my most successful one was Vanilluxury, kinda coined it from playing Town of Salem. It was fun, hosting MM, getting rekt at CQ, rolling in FR, dc'ing, getting warned for strikethrough, using outdated docs x3.
But hey it is very fun in the Roleplaying Room. I've learned a lot and I enjoy a lot. I'm very thankful I am participating here. Very Happy
If I see Tenshi again, I'll surely pull him back to play PS! once more ^-^
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Sat May 30, 2015 7:50 pm

So like, I joined PS! back when the new megas we're in testing, (X and Y megas, not ORAS), under my name of CrushNinja, then after getting a rating of 1250 in OU, i went to the chatrooms,and decided to try Roleplaying. I kept teleporting everywhere and killing people. Hourmuted .w. I left PS! for 5 months, to encourage myself on other things. I return with the name "Endurr" and i found out of amphy. yeh. Then I became Ice in CQ and started a huge blowout, apparently. So yeh.
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Sat May 30, 2015 8:20 pm

It all started with school.

First, I was very, very shit at battling. Then I started going on PS! on the computer, since PS! was blocked on our iPads, and then I found the chatrooms. I found the YouTube room, which is now Social Media. I spent a few months there, chatting with friends as Nyan Eevee and NaturalTheAbsol. (Yes, Nyan Eevee. cancer alert)

One day, we were abusing /me, and a user told us to go to the RP Room. :]
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top