[CQRMT] The Austrian-style Flying Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[CQRMT] The Austrian-style Flying Team

Post by Sabre on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:59 am

Hello! I just created this new Flying team and I think it is quite good, but I'd like to see what others think.
Also, the Austrian-style means nothing. Smile

Sum Ting Wong (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Aeroblast

The Legendary of the team, Lugia is here as the big bad defender of the team. Lugia is basically a safe outlet for any Pokemon, able to take hits at full
health and able to cripple the threats to the team. Roost is crucial for getting back to full health for a Multiscale effect to come through, Thunder Wave is great for shutting down basically any sweeper, Dragon Tail does some damage but also switches the opponent out and gets Stealth Rock damage in... which Skarmory has. Finally, Aeroblast is a strong move that can easily knock out Pokemon that are weak to it.

Ho Lee Kow (Skarmory) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Taunt

Skarmory, the opener, the phazer, the troll. Skarmory's usefulness complements my team well. Skarmory gets a good defense going right from the start
and sets up Stealth Rock to help the sweepers get their jobs done. Skarmory uses Stealth Rock as its signature move, getting damage out quickly. Whirlwind phazes out Pokemon for Stealth Rock damage and the occasional "removal of setting up". Roost is good just for a heal, and taunt stops Pokemon that use screens, hazards, boosting, any status move.

Wi Tu Lo (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Togekiss is here as a tech attacker with many uses. Togekiss is best to Heal Bell for those Special Conditions that harm my team, and can help cripple
the opponent's team. Air Slash is a good move with 60% Flinch rate with Serene Grace and complements Thunder Wave well, which slows down sweepers and almost guarantees a lock with Air Slash. Heal Bell heals statuses, as mentioned earlier, and Roost helps out when the opposing Pokemon can't do a thing.

Bang Ding Ow (Hawlucha) (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Protect

Hawlucha, the big revenge killer of Flying. Hawlucha comes in as the last Pokemon, and quickly avenges all the fainted Pokemon. Sky Attack, with Power Herb, quickly eliminates Pokemon not prepared for it. Hawlucha uses Acrobatics after Sky Attack, which stands at a nice 110 Power. Protect is there for quick scouting to see what the opponent is doing, and High Jump Kick eliminates Pokemon like Steel types that threaten Hawlucha.

Ree Lee Gud (Dragonite) (F) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Dragonite, the big attacker of the Flying type. Dragonite helps out the team by removing harmful Pokemon with its strong moves. Dragon Claw, rather than Outrage, is used against non-Fairy types just because Outrage has the risk of hitting a Fairy type. Earthquake hits hard against types such as Rock or Electric that threaten the other teammates, Extreme Speed can hit fairly hard and usually counters other priority moves like the strong Sucker Punch. Finally, Fire Punch is a tech move that is mainly used against Ice types that threaten Dragonite... also, did I mention Weakness Policy Razz

Bi Duh Wei (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce

Gyarados is a strong booster and finds good places to attack the opponent. Gyarados comes in on rare occasions, but leaves a huge mark on the battle. Using Intimidate, Gyarados can use Substitute safely against Physical attackers and subsequently uses Dragon Dance to beef up the Attack and Speed stats. Waterfall is the main STAB move which hits big and Bounce is another move that can hit hard and gives Gyarados a moment of immunity.

Thanks for reading! pig

Self Proclaimed Best Manectric in RP Room
Self Proclaimed Caterpie
My PS account is Sabre (Manectric). Feel free to say hi!
I like RPGs...?
AxeBane's --> http://prntscr.com/6zscmt
Thanks to Blue Kitteh/Articuno and Axebane for these awesome banners!
IT'S TIME TO TIP THE SCALES
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQRMT] The Austrian-style Flying Team

Post by XanthopoulusLurks on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:08 am

Nothing austrian seen here

Lemme help this 0 reply post.

-------------

BOLD means Changes.
STRIKETHROUGH means Do not use it.

----------

Impish Nature
- Roost
-Thunder Wave / Toxic / Calm Mind
- Dragon Tail / Calm Mind

- Aeroblast

I don't think you need T-Wave much, so chipping away damage with Toxic or buffing with Calm Mind seems better.

Calm Mind can be used over Dragon Tail, altho phazing with Dragon Tail is better in my opinion.

Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
-Protect / Swords Dance / Coverage Move / Substitude

Jolly is better for Hawlucha, as Hawlucha quite of dies if it gets hit by a strong attack, and most of the time it doesn't even get Sky Attack off due to being slower than the likes of Mega Pinsir.

Protect isn't exactly needed. Hawlucha still hits for crap damage even with no item Acrobactics. You can use Swords Dance to boost Hawlucha's attack, or Substitute to provide form of longevity. You can try something that helps stuff that walls Hawlucha, such as Steel/Fairy types.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch / Dragon Dance

I kinda needed to bleach my eyes, after looking at cancer hour at the Roleplaying room, and this Dragonite, cause it doesn't have Dragon Dance. DDance might not be a nessecity for Dragonite, but it is encouraged. As you can KO Mamoswine with Dragon Claw after Ice Shard boost. Protip : Don't Ddance on Mamo. +3 Jolly ESpeed doesn't kill even after Life Orb damage.

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (Adamant)
EVs : 168 Spe Jolly (Outspeeds base 130's I.E. Aerodactyl)
EVs : 196 Spe / 56 HP / 4 Def Jolly (Outspeeds Mega Manectric) ( 56 HP to minimize Stealth Rocks damage and allowing 4 Subs if healthy)
EVs : 144 Spe Adamant (Outspeeds base 110's I.E. Gengar)

- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce

4/252+/252 is very wasteful if you think of it.

------

Protip : Make sure your HP is not divisible by 4, to minimize Rocks damage.

------

THREATS AND CHECKS

-idk, can't think of any yet.

Last edited by XanthopoulusLurks on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

XanthopoulusLurks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 am

XanthopoulusLurks wrote:Nothing austrian seen here

Lemme help this 0 reply post.

-------------

BOLD means Changes.
STRIKETHROUGH means Do not use it.

----------

Impish Nature
- Roost
-Thunder Wave / Toxic / Calm Mind
- Dragon Tail / Calm Mind

- Aeroblast

I don't think you need T-Wave much, so chipping away damage with Toxic or buffing with Calm Mind seems better.

Calm Mind can be used over Dragon Tail, altho phazing with Dragon Tail is better in my opinion.

Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
-Protect / Swords Dance / Coverage Move / Substitude

Jolly is better for Hawlucha, as Hawlucha quite of dies if it gets hit by a strong attack, and most of the time it doesn't even get Sky Attack off due to being slower than the likes of Mega Pinsir.

Protect isn't exactly needed. Hawlucha still hits for crap damage even with no item Acrobactics. You can use Swords Dance to boost Hawlucha's attack, or Substitute to provide form of longevity. You can try something that helps stuff that walls Hawlucha, such as Steel/Fairy types.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch / Dragon Dance

I kinda needed to bleach my eyes, after looking at cancer hour at the Roleplaying room, and this Dragonite, cause it doesn't have Dragon Dance. DDance might not be a nessecity for Dragonite, but it is encouraged. As you can KO Mamoswine with Dragon Claw after Ice Shard boost. Protip : Don't Ddance on Mamo. +3 Jolly ESpeed doesn't kill even after Life Orb damage.

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (Adamant)
EVs : 168 Spe Jolly (Outspeeds base 130's I.E. Aerodactyl)
EVs : 196 Spe / 56 HP / 4 Def Jolly (Outspeeds Mega Manectric) ( 56 HP to minimize Stealth Rocks damage and allowing 4 Subs if healthy)
EVs : 144 Spe Adamant (Outspeeds base 110's I.E. Gengar)

- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce

4/252+/252 is very wasteful if you think of it.

------

Protip : Make sure your HP is not divisible by 4, to minimize Rocks damage.

------

THREATS AND CHECKS

-To be continued

Adjustments added, thanks!

Self Proclaimed Best Manectric in RP Room
Self Proclaimed Caterpie
My PS account is Sabre (Manectric). Feel free to say hi!
I like RPGs...?
AxeBane's --> http://prntscr.com/6zscmt
Thanks to Blue Kitteh/Articuno and Axebane for these awesome banners!
IT'S TIME TO TIP THE SCALES
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:25 am

Good job Xanth. Glad to see someone actually putting effort into rating teams.

On a side note, your team seems somewhat solid. After the adjustments Xanth made I don't see any major corrections needed.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top