You should totally not steal people's customs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You should totally not steal people's customs.

Post by Akemi (Infernape) on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:00 pm

As the title says, it's not something to do. People put effort into their creation, and they are unlikely to appreciate your stealing it. You'll also be almost definitely be reported to a moderator.

As a "side note" the House on the Hill custom may only be currently hosted by Dot Dimitrix, who can edit the original document, and myself. Any other person who has a doc has made a copy of it and it not allowed to host it.
Akemi (Infernape)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You should totally not steal people's customs.

Post by The Penguinari of Sweg on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:46 pm

This. This so much. Thank you. Hopefully people will read this.

And it goes for any doc, too. I've had numerous people try to use my Trainer doc in AmphyRp, insisting they got fake perms from me and creating huge arguments.
The Penguinari of Sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Just a note: You could put somewhere on your doc that only these certain people are allowed to use it. Also, this is sort of related, but originally I was pissed about people copy and pasting my CQ doc, but then I realized it's because people really enjoyed playing it and wanted a chance to do it themselves.

I'm sure people don't mean any harm when they want to host an RP someone else made (which isn't the same as trying to pass off a custom as their own, which is NOT okay), so maybe anyone who has this issue can talk to the people who are copying their docs and work something out.

EDIT: This does not mean I'm condoning other people stealing others' hard work. You do have every right to say that you don't want someone to host your RP or steal your Trainer doc. I'm just trying to make the point that you can take it as a form of praise that someone considers your custom/doc cool enough to want to use it. As the saying goes, "imitation is the highest form of flattery."

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:52 pm

I actually agree with this, because people put their effort on making customs/making a well structured document. I'm not one to speak since my customs are infamous
But there are chances that some customs get to be the same, ex: my custom, i just made: Town Of Salem. A person told me someone has also made a ToS custom (not saying who they are), but I didn't actually steal the idea, I'm just a new roleplayer and I'm unaware that such has already been made. I'm not saying that some never copied a custom and just happened to make one, but the there are general ideas that can be made for a custom have high chances to be taken.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:15 pm

I totally agree! Someone kept trying to steal my PokeBake-Off custom, but now i think they stopped. Im so glad you made a thread to raise awareness for this
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top