Mei's OC: Kei the Greninja

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mei's OC: Kei the Greninja

Post by Mei13 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:49 am

So, Kei is my first OC. Rate her please, and feel free to criticize! (Constructive criticism is most appreciated!)
I plan to make Haru the Sylveon soon!
Note: I'll keep changing my OCs as soon as new ones are made and have connections with my old ones.

Kei: “Yeah yeah, fine. Do I have to introduce myself?”
Kei, the Greninja

The cloak of the ninja
Name: “Kei. It means 'rapture'.”
Species, level, gender: Greninja, level 50, female
Held item: “It varies, really. Life Orb, Leftovers, Focus Sash... depends on the situation... and what Haru says...”
Physical differences: None.
Moves: Default Moveset at level 50- Night Slash, Water Shuriken, Substitute, Extrasensory
Moveset changes according to level up, finding dropped items, TMs and HMs (careless trainers!), circumstances and her own wish.

The hidden heart
Personality: Kei is not what she looks. Although she looks calm and cool, which she is around unknown people, she hides a hyperactive personality deep within her. She doesn't like staying still when surrounded by her friends, and will like to sneak up to her friends, sometimes very recklessly, just to see the scared look on their faces. However, around others, she can stay as quiet as a mouse. It is extremely hard to make friends with her, although she tries her best to overcome her shyness. Often if a person she doesn't have a good friendship with plays a prank on her, she will fly into a cold rage and completely ignore the person for days. Although both of her sides make her look like she doesn’t care for others, she can’t see anyone in pain, and tries to help others. However, she will flatly refuse having helped and cared for someone. Kei is also very loyal to her friends, and sometimes, a bit clingy. She has a hard time letting go of the past and carries the pains of the past along with her.
Kei likes to battle only if she wishes to. Often she’ll come up with wacky strategies for battle, which are successful most of the time. She is highly determined during situations like those. But when told by others to battle or when she is challenged, she is not very serious about it and say that it’s a great pain. She’ll ask for help from her best friends about battle, and sometimes even leave the whole thing to them. She tends to sulk about defeat for a long time, but that has a positive effect on her- she gets even more fired up!
Kei likes creating new things- a trait extremely uncommon in Greninja. She sits alone somewhere, and creates a piece of artwork, a story or a song. She wishes that her work would be popular. Yet, she doesn’t like showing her work to others and gets embarrassed easily.
She doesn’t like to show it, but she is very emotional. If being told a sad story, she will disappear in the middle of it, cry alone, and come back. If she sees others crying, she’ll cry along sometimes.
Like a lot of others, Kei also sometimes fantasizes about... love. She fantasizes about her best friend Haru, and mumble his name in sleep.
History: “A normal life I lived... yadda yadda yadda.”
Chapter 1- Birth and Early life:
In an obscure daycare in Kalos, many Pokemon are raised. But some Pokemon flee. And some are just released. Kei was one of the released.
A trainer had put his Greninja along with a Ditto in the daycare and left them to breed for a shiny Froakie. The next day, there was an egg. The trainer moved alongside the egg, caring for it as much as he could. He hoped that the hatched Froakie would be shiny.
The egg hatched in front of the daycare.
Unfortunately, the newly hatched Froakie was not shiny. So, the trainer kept her in front of the daycare and walked away. She was abandoned. But she was taken in by the manager of the daycare. She spent her childhood there, playing with the other Pokemon there. Being the youngest Pokemon there, she was loved by the manager and also the other Pokemon. She was given a name- Kei, meaning ‘rapture’ or ‘ecstasy’. A few months later, a shiny newborn Eevee arrived in the daycare, and thus took away her title and some of the love she got. However, he was kept unnamed, because she could evolve into any Eeveelution.
(Kei: “You know, if Haru was named Haru before, it would be a big problem if he evolved into an Umbreon. Hahaha! And yeah, months really don’t make difference to Pokemon, my creator says, but the daycare Pokemon are really bothered with the slightest difference in days!”)
Kei was secretly jealous of him.
One day, the manager decided to release the Pokemon, since she thought that they should fend for themselves in the wild. And so they were. Kei too was released. Each of the Pokemon went their own separate ways, but only the unnamed Eevee, the same Eevee which took her title of “the youngest Pokemon” away from her just a few months later, stayed alongside Kei as he was too scared to be alone. Kei rather unwillingly took him under her wing. Before she knew it, they had become close. They even had their own special song they’d sing together.
Chapter 2- Pain and Productivity:
Kei and the Eevee trained hard. As a result of their training, she evolved into a Frogadier.
One day, Kei was gathering berries. She had left him alone. A trainer noticed Eevee and tried to catch him. On turning back, she saw the Pokeball about to land on his head. She tried to carry Eevee away. But it was too late. Eevee was caught.
“It was bound to happen,” she said to herself. “We are wild Pokemon, so we are bound to get caught. I’m happy that he is now with a Trainer. He won’t have to stand difficulties anymore. But yet... why am I... so sad? I-I didn’t even care for him in the first place. But-but...”
She tried to get over it, but she couldn’t. The pain was still haunting her.
A year passed. Within that year Kei got new friends. It was a huge group named Dashers (it was named so because they were a group which would annoy other Pokemon and also trainers and make a “dash” for it, for the most of the time). Together, they would evade trainers, and if the trainer’s Pokemon were weak, they would mercilessly knock them out and run for their lives. Training together with them made her evolve into a Greninja, and also, the fastest in the group. The group also helped solve others’ problems... in a rather chaotic manner.
But the friendship was not going to last forever. For various reasons, the group broke off. Only some stayed with Kei, but their bond wasn’t that strong. They would occasionally meet and talk. That was all.
Chapter 3- Unison and a New Start:
All of this happened, but still, Kei could not forget Eevee, the moments they spent together and the song they had made. She had kept him within her heart, buried deep within.
One wonderful night, Kei was lying down on the soft green grass, staring at the full moon, and thinking about Eevee. She began to sing the song they had made, loudly.
Another voice began to sing the same song along with her. She jumped up. Who was that?
Keeping a shuriken ready in her hand, she ran towards the source. She saw a shiny Sylveon singing the same song.
He had the same mark which the Eevee had behind his ear.
He turned back to see her, and asked her, “Was it you who was singing that song? If I remember correctly, it was made by me and my friend. Are you who I think it is?”
“Have you been raised in the daycare? Did they call you ‘the beloved young star’?” she asked him back.
“Yup. But... How come you know all this? Wait... Then you must be... Kei? It’s... really you, right?”
“Welcome back.”
The friends had been reunited again. They were silent for a while, and then hugged each other.
It was the middle of spring when they met again, so Kei gave him the name ‘Haru’, meaning “spring”. Although the name could apply to even girls, he liked it.
Now, Kei, Haru and some new friends have made another team, and the travel from place to place together. Their ambition is to create a Pokemon league for only Pokemon (but that's not why they set out)!
Kei: “We don't want a war to happen, though. We'll take extra care for that! It's hard, but not impossible!”
Likes:Singing, expressing creativity in various forms like compositions and battle strategies, battling (on her own whim)
Dislikes:Meeting new people and Pokemon, being caught off-guard, defeat
Relationships: Haru the Sylveon
Kei has a strong bond with Haru, which is tough to explain. Back when they were children, Kei took up the lead and treated Haru (then unnamed) as her annoying baby brother. Kei still was jealous of him. But as time passed, they became close, and then Kei treated him as a twin brother. Rarely, Kei would even act like a mother. They would even act as best friends while training or hanging out. After Haru was caught, Kei would reminisce about him, and sometimes talk to the sky, as if the sky would send her message to him. She would sometimes even cry. After they united, they began to behave as close pals. But this time, Haru takes the lead and sometimes takes decisions for Kei, who doesn't mind at all. Kei sometimes fantasizes about him, as mentioned before.

Shuriken here and there, la la la la la...
Favourite item: “Life Orb for maximum DAMAAAAGE! Heehee.”
Favourite colour: Any shades of blue.
Talents: Behaving like a male Greninja, being able to imitate the voices and cries of other Pokemon, mimicry of others, singing
Weird points: When spacing out, Kei is prone to damaging things she has in her hand. She also begins to waver her tongue-scarf in a weird manner.
Battle pros and cons: Like many other Greninja, due to her near perfect offensive capability, Spikes and extraordinary speed, Kei does well as a sweeper or as a scout. However she is a glass cannon or a suicide lead due to her extremely weak defenses. A Swords Dance, Agility or Nasty Plot Baton Pass is extremely beneficial to her. Although Life Orb helps her to deal maximum damage, her longevity is decreased, and with Leftovers or Focus Sash her offensive capabilities are not very effective. Choice items often limit her to one move so it is very dangerous. An owned Greninja can learn Gunk Shot and Low Kick with the help of a move tutor but being a wild Greninja, Kei cannot do that, which leaves her vulnerable to Fairy types and bulky opponents.

Last edited by Mei13 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Mei13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mei's OC: Kei the Greninja

Post by shiny beldum on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:48 am

I think this has a awesome back story and I couldn't do better myself
shiny beldum

View user profile http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mei13 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:19 am

Thanks!
Mei13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:42 pm

This, in my opinion, is a REALLY good example of a great bio! Excellent job! Many smiles for you!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mei13 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:10 am

Thanks! >u<
Mei13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content