{Discussion} How To Encourage Roleplaying In Conquest

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: {Discussion} How To Encourage Roleplaying In Conquest

Post by PurplePeahen on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:34 am

Curricull wrote:Another 10 minute grace period after 01:00:00?

I don't know if that will work... there may not be many kingdoms left, and the CQ has been going on for a while. Some people may want the CQ to end. This grace period also has no point? The first period is there to have warlords ask for alliances in RP. 1 hour later, the kingdoms are most likely already in an alliance. Razz

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:23 am

TheWanderingArtist wrote:

I don't know if that will work... there may not be many kingdoms left, and the CQ has been going on for a while. Some people may want the CQ to end. This grace period also has no point? The first period is there to have warlords ask for alliances in RP. 1 hour later, the kingdoms are most likely already in an alliance. Razz

I am not so sure, I do not pay attention to the timer much when I am RPing CQ, and I cannot back up TWA's statement, nevertheless, I instinctively concur with it, as alliances often form within the first hour, and such an extra grace period could be seen as needless delay. Perhaps we should add a 10 minute grace period for "new-joining" kingdoms.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Lux Gracetail wrote:

I am not so sure, I do not pay attention to the timer much when I am RPing CQ, and I cannot back up TWA's statement, nevertheless, I instinctively concur with it, as alliances often form within the first hour, and such an extra grace period could be seen as needless delay.  Perhaps we should add a 10 minute grace period for "new-joining" kingdoms.

As in open kingdoms that get taken by a warlord? (Not during type-calling?)
Hm.. that does sound lovely, indeed~ There are many times where I saw an open kingdom get taken, and almost immediately somebody appears to conquer. Usually a weakness-hunter. Then of course, the end polls blanketed in salt appear.
In other words, this sounds like a good thing to be implemented, but I'm not sure about the RP aspect of it...

Last edited by TheWanderingArtist on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A minor mistake.)

PurplePeahen

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:24 am

My personal answer: I think we should have minimum of 2 lines needed for rp'ing in CQ. I cant think of anything much, since CQ is heavy on battles...

My Suggestion: Uhm..mega pinsir suspect test? (is this type of suggestion allowed here?)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:56 am

Blue Kitteh wrote:
However, please keep the following points in mind:

• Please do not suggest anything that unnecessarily restricts any part of the RP; for example, there should not be a "required post limit" before challenging, because the Roleplaying Room is an open place and people should be free to RP how they like.
  • Please do not suggest changes to the Conquest metagame. We follow Monotype rules, and if a certain mon needs addressing (Ex. Mega Salamence), then I and others involved in Conquest will take care of it. 
  • Please keep in mind that Conquest is still battle-heavy, and that any changes must stay in line with the general setting of "a land with eighteen medieval kingdoms at war". 

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:My personal answer: I think we should have minimum of 2 lines needed for rp'ing in CQ. I cant think of anything much, since CQ is heavy on battles...

My Suggestion: Uhm..mega pinsir suspect test? (is this type of suggestion allowed here?)

The post of Blue Kitteh answers yours.

PurplePeahen

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 pm

How about number of minutes(maybe 1-2) to travel from one kingdom to another..its annoying that lords 'pop out' of nowhere from one kingdom to another
Make it a rule that people have to roleplay if they want the ff: to be knight, get an alliance, conquer
Its partly annoying how people dont even roleplay they just: /me runs to x kingdom->/me knocks at x kingdom gates->"insert sentence that means they wanna conquer"
effortless conquer, probably cuz they aim to win every battle
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:How about number of minutes(maybe 1-2) to travel from one kingdom to another..its annoying that lords 'pop out' of nowhere from one kingdom to another
Make it a rule that people have to roleplay if they want the ff: to be knight, get an alliance, conquer
Its partly annoying how people dont even roleplay they just: /me runs to x kingdom->/me knocks at x kingdom gates->"insert sentence that means they wanna conquer"
effortless conquer, probably cuz they aim to win every battle

Once again, I am unsure about this... There is no map for every CQ, nobody knows how far each kingdom is from one another. It also depends on how the Warlord is getting to the kingdom, flying, walking, etc. Also, a Warlord could simply put /me travels to [kingdom] , and 2 minutes later, write /me arrives at [kingdom] ...

PurplePeahen

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:10 am

Well how about making it fancy...like changing the names of the kingdoms...
ex: Normal Kingdom to Ordinary Kingdom and Fire Kingdom to Flame Kingdom
I think changing the names of some kingdoms make it less awkward for roleplayers to roleplay including their kingdom's name
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Well how about making it fancy...like changing the names of the kingdoms...
I think changing the names of some kingdoms make it less awkward for roleplayers to roleplay including their kingdom's name

Hm, for me, it has never been... 'awkward' to use my kingdom's name to RP. I don't know how making it fancy will help RPing. I can't really see a difference between normal names and the fancy ones. Do you.. have any examples, or..? ...Come to think of it, this can also be confusing to those new to CQ. Hm...

Just making my post more neat. d:
Flare(FlameLady) walks to the Ordinary kingdom
Norman (OrdianryL): "Hello, Flare of the Flame kingdom. What are you doing here?"

As opposed to...

Flare(FireLady) walks to the Normal kingdom
Norman (NormalL): "Hello, Flare of the Fire kingdom. What are you doing here?"

I feel so mean ;^;

PurplePeahen

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:35 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Well how about making it fancy...like changing the names of the kingdoms...

Hm, for me, it has never been... 'awkward' to use my kingdom's name to RP. I don't know how making it fancy will help RPing. I can't really see a difference between normal names and the fancy ones. Do you.. have any examples, or..? ...Come to think of it, this can also be confusing to those new to CQ. Hm...

Norman (OrdianryL): "Hello, Flare of the Flame kingdom. What are you doing here?"

As opposed to...

I feel so mean ;^;
Well i just find it better to rp if your kingdom's name sounds cooler
its just a bit of my opinion
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 am

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:

As opposed to...

I feel so mean ;^;
Well i just find it better to rp if your kingdom's name sounds cooler
its just a bit of my opinion

Oh, I know the feeling, for example, I insist on being call the Steel Consul and my kingdom being called the Steel Republic. But I don't see how this is enforceable.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:25 am

Ah, now there is an example that makes sense. Perhaps you could "name" your kingdom yourself, but nothing too complicated or.. well.. Sigh.
This shouldn't be a rule, though. Being forced to name your kingdom. It should be optional.
I see many problems with this being an official rule. Hm...

PurplePeahen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Fri May 01, 2015 11:23 pm

Seeing the above comments, I agree that naming of kingdoms should be an optional yet encouraged thing to do. As with Lux, I get annoyed when I write a description of my "kingdom" (aka, my anarchical state) and then an oblivious user chimes in with the classic "walk and CQ" line, but I believe that including optional naming schemes could be beneficial. Also, the host could perhaps change knights to whatever the leader chooses as their knights, such as ninjas for Poison or pirates for Water, et cetera. Such descriptions may also be noticed and, for example, my description of the Free Ninja Lands of Viperia might become something like:

CqRoleplayerPerson: Was sitting on a cliff in the free lands known as Viperia. He knew there was no government and where the military head ninja was, so he slowly... very slowly climbed down the mountain and ninja-flipped into *poison ninja/lord/dude/guy?*'s house, landing.... head first.

So, optional descriptions would be a very welcome addition to the roleplay of Conquest.

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat May 02, 2015 10:53 am

I've been thinking(and been drawing) about the map for Conquest Kingdoms, it very much sketch and its not yet finalized, but here is an outline to what it looks like: So 18 kingdoms, they is a huge area for each kingdom but not all are near ex: Fire Kingdom is located at the Volcanoes and Water Kingdom is on an island on the sea, while the Ice Kingdom is high up in the cold north. I'd like to submit my drawing for the map for Conquest(I wish that everyone will make it look better) so that each roleplayer participating can see where they are exactly going and RP more than: /me goes to `insert type` kingdom
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sat May 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:I've been thinking(and been drawing) about the map for Conquest Kingdoms, it very much sketch and its not yet finalized, but here is an outline to what it looks like: So 18 kingdoms, they is a huge area for each kingdom but not all are near ex: Fire Kingdom is located at the Volcanoes and Water Kingdom is on an island on the sea, while the Ice Kingdom is high up in the cold north. I'd like to submit my drawing for the map for Conquest(I wish that everyone will make it look better) so that each roleplayer participating can see where they are exactly going and RP more than: /me goes to `insert type` kingdom

There's actually an official Conquest map from the game called Ransei.It doesn't have Fairy, but I imagine it to be an island off the coast of Dragon and Poison.

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top