{Discussion} How To Encourage Roleplaying In Conquest

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: {Discussion} How To Encourage Roleplaying In Conquest

Post by needler on Sat May 02, 2015 7:24 pm

About the renaming kingdoms and knights:
I tried to do it many times, it clearly doesn't work. Because (Just like Sabre said) there is always one person that does the infamous 'goes to kingdom "CQ [Insert type here] lord!" '.
enforcing the usage of custom names woul be unnecesary.

Some problems I have:
My typical thing in conquest is going to a kingdom, visitting them, rping with the lord, etc. Mostly for no reason, or just to at least do something before attacking. But then comes the typical, roleplaying newbie or just the simple cq idiot, sorry if that came of as a bit rude and instantly tries to cq me when I visit them. Of course, if they lose they start whining about me attacking them.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Sun May 03, 2015 1:29 am

Ah, it's been so long since I did that. I think I may just try that sometime soon. (Going to random kingdoms and just RPing.)
Like Needler, I also think enforcing custom names is useless, but it should be recommended if it helps people RP. Although it only helps add the person naming the kingdom themselves to RP, well, a little bit of RPing is better than no RPing. Razz
Oh, how I wish people stopped doing the typical /me goes to [kingdom]. Just yesterday, I had 4(?) kingdoms attack me without saying a word, back-to-back. The second I finished a battle, another popped up, with a simple "flying lord i came to cq u".
And of course it had to happen just as I was going to have a conference with a lovely Grass lord who wanted to RP.

Sorry for the odd outburst, but I had to get that off my chest. 🤷

Last edited by TheWanderingArtist on Sun May 03, 2015 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Made my post actually have quality. Edit 2: Spelt something wrong. .-.)

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sun May 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Couldn't you just reinforce that your type is this and that, like

*Billybob has a Fire Dictatorship*
Billybob: MUHAHA! I'M EVIL
InfamousCQer: goes to fire kingdom
Billybob: wasn't a king, he was a dictator!
BetterCQer: travelled on *Bird* to Fire Dictatorship, it was scary.

I'm just pointing out it would be easier for other people to see your name scheme.

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Tue May 05, 2015 1:56 pm

Altough you can't and shouldn't enforce custom names as a lord, the host could modify the names on the doc. This MIGHT make people use those names. Even I don't believe this to be honest.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Tue May 05, 2015 2:20 pm

I think one user, Gym Leader Ruin(?) used custom names on her doc. She was using them when bolding, which confused me. I constantly had to check the doc to see what she was talking about. (e.g Flying was referred to as Avia.)
So really, I think hosts should use the normal names when bolding.

But I think people were starting to use the custom names for the kingdoms. It was only 1 or 2 users. :P
I don't know if it helped to RP, but it was a nice change, seeing different names.

PurplePeahen

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon May 11, 2015 10:06 pm

I think we should make it a rule that RP'ing in CQ is a must....i mean look at this: http://pastebin.com/hCMAah35

"One doesn't need to 'RP' to the kingdom." -Nips(Luxio), 2015
Okay I am highly insulted, we people have been brainstorming here while this guy, says that we dont need to RP into go to another kingdom. After the last message was the battle(doesnt matter it was weakness hunt anyways). Anyways, I really would like to make RP'ing in CQ a rule if you're in it, so people like Nips would think more than challenging the opponent
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Mon May 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Articuno wrote:However, please keep the following points in mind:

Please do not suggest anything that unnecessarily restricts any part of the RP; for example, there should not be a "required post limit" before challenging, because the Roleplaying Room is an open place and people should be free to RP how they like.

Sigh, I agree with you, and I wish people would remember that they are in the RP room. (And not the monotype room! There is no viable excuse for weakness-hunting!) But, as quoted, we can't force people to RP. Even if we do, they'll most likely do the infamous /me walks to -etc, etc-.
I feel your pain, but.. ;^;

PurplePeahen

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Tue May 12, 2015 1:16 pm

It should be common courtesy and common sense that you should at the very least say /me walks to -insert kingdom here-. Even if you just want to battle someone, this is a Roleplaying Room. If someone doesn't say they're at the kingdom, they're not.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue May 12, 2015 9:45 pm

I actually said that and he said to me that I cant for him and this: "One doesn't need to 'RP' to the kingdom."
If you look at the chat log I pasted in pastebin, his being ridiculous and being insulting. I just wish to find a solution, sooner or later a lot of players might do this, thats whats im afraid of.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trivia's Hornets on Tue May 12, 2015 11:33 pm

huh, had no clue this was such a movement. guess i'll try to rp more in cq, and my only idea to increase this would be to actually say in the rules maybe, "you're in the roleplaying room, not the monotype room, so please try to rp as much as you can". i did also like the bolding the kingdom's setting idea, but that might lead to some bold spam if there are tons of kingdoms taken. perhaps it could be experimented on a smaller cq or something.
Trivia's Hornets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Fri May 22, 2015 9:18 pm

I completely agree with the above statements. There should be a notice that states that this is the Roleplaying Room.
Good thinking!

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sat May 23, 2015 1:17 am

A rule has been added where you must RP to someone's kingdom in order to challenge them. It's really sad that I had to add it, but there we go. The reason this doesn't fall under "forces people to RP" is because this is the bare minimum /me walks to kingdom, which should literally be common sense but that apparently doesn't compute for some people.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 23, 2015 2:10 am

http://tinyurl.com/m824hbe
What this is, is a template for characters for Conquest. I know many people haven't Roleplayed in Conquest before, and in light of the new rules, decides to make this in an attempt to help people Roleplay in Conquest that haven't before. I like to use this process, even not writing anything down to make up characters for my CQ. I figured it would help somebody besides me. While not a suggestion, I think anyone looking here should take a look if they struggle to Roleplay in Conquest. Feel free to copy n-n

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Sat May 23, 2015 10:28 am

Hm, I think it's better for 'How this OC became a Warlord' to NOT be under Other Information. In my opinion, it's important enough for a category of it's own. Other than that, I like the template. I think I'll use this for my 8 year old OC. Her backstory should prove interesting.

PurplePeahen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sat May 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Thanks Articuno for the new rule! I think the room is satisfied with it.

Also, Death God Anubis's template is pretty sweet. I don't have time for it now, but I'll keep it in Google Docs so I can make an OC sheet later.

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top